• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerman

Oct 27, 2017
They often shield themselves by'll looking like a great person/helping people.

Case in fucking point, above

It's very weird. Humans beings always bend reality to fit their own viewpoints.
Helping burn victims has nothing to do with the mountains of evidence that he raped children though.

I feel like because you made a strong connection to him because of this and your condition you don't want to admit to yourself the horrible actions of his personal life.

Which I get, it's hard when your heroes fail you.

The central question remains. Do you believe the victims who say MJ raped them?
It does though. Leaving Neverland tries to convince us that Michael Jackson was helping people because he was grooming the world. This is not true. Michael donated money to creating a burn unit for victims of fire. He saved children by helping them pay for transplants. The best part? He never told anybody what he was doing.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It does though. Leaving Neverland tries to convince us that Michael Jackson was helping people because he was grooming the world. This is not true. Michael donated money to creating a burn unit for victims of fire. He saved children by helping them pay for transplants. The best part? He never told anybody what he was doing.
You dodged my damn question.

Do you believe the victims in Leaving Neverland?

You're not the only one who has struggled. You're doing victims of sexual assault a massive disservice.

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
I can never understand how hard it is/was to go through what you have, and that this person you have viewed through a particular viewpoint's reputation is utterly tarnished to so many people. But the idea he did some forms of good washes over the bad can be, and is a tool used by these types of people. Have a read up on Jimmy Saville, he was a monster, but people still cling to the idea he was good and incapable of what he is accused of and almost universally accepted he did.

gamerman

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Ignoring staff post and dismissing allegations of abuse
You dodged my damn question.

Do you believe the victims in Leaving Neverland?

You're not the only one who has struggled. You're doing victims of sexual assault a massive disservice.
I can't directly answer your question because I don't want to go against the staff post rules and I really don't want to go through all the name calling. I faced enough of that everyday in my life. Last time I cried for days after I was banned and was called names. I respect your opinion. Thank you for listening to my point of view. I hope you can respect mine.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Just because he was so giving and loving with large segments of people does not mean he was not capable of doing the things he did to children. FWIW MJ was an incredibly damaged person who made horrible, vile decisions.... but do I think he was , say, evil? Devoid of any good in his heart? No, I do not. The world is not simply black and white.

Also, there is a world of difference between the posts completely ignoring what he did and just posting YouTube clips/ lionizing him ( serious fuck ya'll posting so disingenuously) and someone like the poster above. Imo pump the brakes on going after those who clearly aren't posting in bad faith/looking to troll.

Dec 2, 2017
I can't directly answer your question because I don't want to go against the staff post rules and I really don't want to go through all the name calling. I faced enough of that everyday in my life. Last time I cried for days after I was banned and was called names. I respect your opinion. Thank you for listening to my point of view.
So you don't believe the victims?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I can't directly answer your question because I don't want to go against the staff post rules and I really don't want to go through all the name calling. I faced enough of that everyday in my life. Last time I cried for days after I was banned and was called names. I respect your opinion. Thank you for listening to my point of view.
So you don't believe them. At least say it then.

Thanks for contributing to the silence of victims.

People who say shit like this don't care about sexual violence and abuse.

You act like you're the only person who has experienced a hardship.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
I can't directly answer your question because I don't want to go against the staff post rules and I really don't want to go through all the name calling. I faced enough of that everyday in my life. Last time I cried for days after I was banned and was called names. I respect your opinion. Thank you for listening to my point of view. I hope you can respect mine.
Then you don't believe them and your attempt to cover that up with rationality is really kind of gross.

LegalEagleMike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

So that is still an answer.

I am sorry for what you have gone through, but an act of kindness does not excuse a lifetime of depravity, and I hope you can find a way to see that.

Also you are not a monster.

But Michael Jackson was.

Master Of Illusion

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Too much think about is a cop out in order to listen to stuff guilt free. I'm not going to tell you how to live your life but if you only view music via a surface level understanding or connection I guess it's possible. I can't ignore the actual meaning in music. Context matters to me in that sense

That ship sailed for me when I started listening to black metal, so...

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Helping burn victims has nothing to with him raping kids.

Do you believe the victims who say he raped them? Yes or no. I am curious.

Edif: missed that you replied and admit you don't believe them.

I hope you can respect mine.
You want us to respect your opinion that these victims who said MJ raped them are lying?

gamerman

Oct 27, 2017
So you don't believe them. At least say it then.

Thanks for contributing to the silence of victims.

People who say shit like this don't care about sexual violence and abuse.

You act like you're the only person who has experienced a hardship.
Then you don't believe them and your attempt to cover that up with rationality is really kind of gross.
So that is still an answer.

I am sorry for what you have gone through, but an act of kindness does not excuse a lifetime of depravity, and I hope you can find a way to see that.

Also you are not a monster.

But Michael Jackson was.
I'm so sorry. I should have not posted.

Master Of Illusion

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
User Banned (3 Days): Dismissive trolling
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Doesn't really seem like separating art from artist, just seems like you just plain don't give a fuck.

246x0w.jpg

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
*Snip*
I don't care if 99% of the world believes Michael Jackson is a monster, I don't. Heck 99% of the world believes I am a monster that doesn't make it true. I know that people have already made up their mind one way or the other already because everybody sees their own truth based on their life experiences. I respect that.
Jimmy Savile did tons of charity work. Raised millions of dollars!!!

... And also brutalized dozens of people, including injured people and children. Probably even more we don't know about. His name is mud now.

People denied it for years too, but in the end, it came out.

Anyone can be a monster, charity or not

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
The man was a sophisticated predator with the kind of money and influence that allowed him to get away with it pretty much in broad daylight and even now is still able to convince people his actions were totally innocent and misconstrued.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
We have had very long threads, with much stronger and informative foundations, for discussing the legacy of Michael Jackson and the allegations against him. This thread has become another one of those threads, and is going in circles, and we think it has run its course. We will be reviewing reports from the topic but it will remain closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.