• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
www.gofundme.com

Michael Hogan Fund, organized by Susan Hogan

Michael and Susan Hogan have been dear friends and neighbours of mine on Bowen Island for 20 years but … Susan Hogan needs your support for Michael Hogan Fund

Sad to hear. He was a great actor and popped up in a lot of shows including Smallville, Supernatural, Teen Wolf, Fargo, 12 Monkeys & Sabrina.

He was also in Mass Effect, Fallout & Skyrim in various roles.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Just started my BSG rewatch and in S2 when Tigh takes control. Really sad for him.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Brain injuries are the fucking scariest injuries :( My step dad fell from stairs and hit his head causing massive brain bleed. He was in the hospital for 3.5 months in a medically induced coma. When they brought him back, his memory was shot for months as was his ability to use his hands.l and feet. Luckily movement came back, but he still is suffering the affects and has basic comprehension troubles. Hoping the best for Michael and his family.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Man how do you even come back from that. Poor guy. His weird ass laugh will probably stick with me for years to come but it won't be the same knowing that 2020 put him through the meat grinder like this.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Had no idea this happened. For people who might wonder what the money is for given this is happening in Canada:

" There are the known costs of the Long Term Care facility, a customized wheelchair, a private physiotherapist to tend to him there, and ongoing costs of medications, foot care, adaptive clothing etc. And if he's able to come home which would be far preferred - an overhead lift to move him from bed to wheelchair, a hospital bed, ramps, one to two live-in care-aids, renovations to accommodate the wheelchair including doorways and bathrooms, and a vehicle to accommodate the wheelchair. "

I wish him the best. Adapting to life in a wheelchair can be mentally and physically challenging to say the least.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Oh that's awful.

He was one of the major reasons why BSG was so good. There were some top-class actors, and there were times when Hogan acted them off the stage, especially during the later seasons as Punished Tigh.

He's also got one of the most recognisable voices of any actor. It was always a little bit of a joyful moment when you met some character in a video game and they started talking with that gruff tone that instantly marked them out as a no-nonsense command figure whose respect could be gradually earned.

What a loss to the acting world.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Actually just saw this. It sounds from the GoFundMe that Hogan and his family aren't exactly rolling in acting money, so your donations will go a long way. This guy has given us a lot of good entertainment and good memories, so it's time to give back. So say we all.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Horrible, I hope he can recover :(

Always protect your head when possible, everyone.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Holy shit, all from hitting his head?!

Fragile creatures we are. I remember when Natasha Richardson, Liam Neeson's, died 2 days after a minor fall during a beginner skiing lesson, one she got up from and was even joking about right after.

That scared the hell out of me considering this wasn't a senior citizen you'd see on a Life Alert commercial either, but a healthy fit woman in her 40s.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the bump, but wanted to give an update as I've been following his wife's progress reports. It's been a bit over a year since Hogan's brain injury and he is still in recovery, but he is making great progress. He can now mostly eat solid food again and he is now able to stand up with some assistance. Cognitively it sounds like he's still there, and even working on a one-man show. You can't keep Colonel Tigh down for long. I will say that they are still short of the understandably massive medical costs this has incurred, so donations at the GoFundMe are still welcome.

51178688_1640284833777925_r.jpeg