• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
twitter.com

Generative Design on Twitter

“Ask @MichaelCondrey 😂 it did t work then it’s it’s terrible now https://t.co/22vQEqvD7w”
twitter.com

Michael Condrey on Twitter

“@F1sT Ask ATVI. Never directed into COD from me. Analytics, SB match making, monetization, dedi server coverage, etc all driven from ATVI central tech and production teams. Fustratingly little influence on those corp decisions despite their impact on our games and the COD community.”

"Ask ATVI. Never directed into COD from me. Analytics, SB match making, monetization, dedi server coverage, etc all driven from ATVI central tech and production teams. Fustratingly little influence on those corp decisions despite their impact on our games and the COD community."

Michael Condrey, former director of COD AW and COD WW2, has confirmed that Activision controls matchmaking, monetization, etc in Call of Duty.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
"Ask ATVI. Never directed into COD from me. Analytics, SB match making, monetization, dedi server coverage, etc all driven from ATVI central tech and production teams. Fustratingly little influence on those corp decisions despite their impact on our games and the COD community."

Well yes? You would hope that analytics are driven by, you know, people whose jobs are to do that, and not random people from a game studio. :D

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
we figured this out when Acti put a patent on high skill low skill MM to alternate your experience and one match on two show you higher skill players with shiny guns to make you want to pay microtransaction and then a lower mm to make you feel good about your gameplay etc in a loop

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
we figured this out when Acti put a patent on high skill low skill MM to alternate your experience and one match on two show you higher skill players with shiny guns to make you want to pay microtransaction and then a lower mm to make you feel good about your gameplay etc in a loop
Yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised if this is true. Both to try to demonstrate to the end user why they should buy the shiny-shiny, while simultaneously ensuring aforementioned end user doesn't permanently quit the game due to getting constantly stomped on.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense.

Just today I played some regular MP to level a gun. I had some awful matches, and suddenly a dom game where the team went 200-16. Got a pop-up after the match asking "did you have fun this game".

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
Since so many games have sbmm now..Maybe it works?? Maybe us complaining are so minuscule it doesn't even register.

Can't remember the last fortnight match I won. every lobby is a murder fest for me.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised if this is true. Both to try to demonstrate to the end user why they should buy the shiny-shiny, while simultaneously ensuring aforementioned end user doesn't permanently quit the game due to getting constantly stomped on.

While they did fill the patent I don't think that's the implementation right now in the game. There is obviously some SBMM, but people complains (from what I've seen) is that they don't like always having sweaty matches because people are of equal skill (it's basically a permanent ranked mode). They liked the randomness of quickplay that older CODs had.

I personally like it, since I like good competition. The fact that my K/D and Win ratio are both around 50% seems great to me.