• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
PIT

For those who don't know Open Office Plans basically remove all dividers, walls, and more from offices to let people work and "collaborate" more. Too bad it just doesn't work.

Of course he's being rightfully dragged as an out of touch boss.

Pull me into a manager's office if old.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
as if people really needed another reason to hate bloomberg's campaign. This is where I have to draw the line

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Is it just the perspective or is that brown door on the left not going to open given there's a desk too close to it

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad his campaign remembered to put in an aquarium at the back, he would be the first president since FDR to have fish in the White House, which is an essential part of good governance

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't imagine dicking around on my phone on the clock and the POTUS happens to walk behind me without me noticing whilst on their way to the bathroom

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
Is he also going to also include the toilets that slope downward at a 13 degree angle to prevent people from using the bathroom long?

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The Open Office, aka the space where everybody puts on headphones so they can't hear the person next to them and use the office instant messenger to ping the guy who's just on the other side of the devider.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn, that tweet about the grocery store cookies and generic soda almost triggered a PTSD flashback for me...

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
04a34846055a87c23796bec1e4f87b72.gif

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
The only reason for open office is to save money by not buying those dividers. Go into any dev shop and you'll see rows of noise canceling headphones used to block out the office.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
There's no better way to out yourself as a completely clueless clown-grade manager than to be openly excited about open floor plans.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I dislike my current open office because I have a job that doesn't work me all 40 hours so I get a lot of anxiety that people see how slack I am (though I take steps to diminish the appearance). My last open office was great because we were pretty busy and it allowed us to set up good banter or bail one another out when we got in trouble.

Bloomberg's a jerk but the idea here isn't bad.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I was reading a study the other day that pretty much boiled down to that open office plans reduce in less social workers (more digital communication) and is detrimental to work-happiness and other stuff.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
That's just an absolutely ridiculous idea.

And does anyone begrudge the President having a private office?

betterbuddha

Oct 27, 2017
FYI, that is NYC city hall. There is also a separate office just for the mayor, so open office for the workers, private space for him to make deals.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
The only thing that I hate more than politicians that think the public sector is the same as the private sector is the people that believe in them. Fuck this shit.

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I didn't know Dr.Pepper was that popular to bootleg
nothing special about dr pepper there, there's a million store brands of mtn dew, coke, pepsi, and sprite too
Only the Dr. peppers and maybe the dew have the knockoff names as opposed to Cola, lemon lime, etc
because it doesn't have a single indentifiable flavor you can just generically put, so you name it dr value or whatever the shit and give it a red container /mountain rush and a green one so people put 2 and 2 together instead of having to put 'brown soda with a hint of spice' or just 'citrus' (whatever the fuck THAT means)on it

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
The open office I worked in didn't bother me at all.
You cant use headphones and you have to work with nazis and ex trump supporters for 9+hrs a day depending on your job.

also national security and the person with the most power in the world is standing over your shoulder

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
You cant use headphones and you have to work with nazis and ex trump supporters for 9+hrs a day depending on your job.

also national security and the person with the most power in the world is standing over your shoulder
I'm willing to accept that open office plans are terrible or at the very best situational.

I guess part of what I'm wondering though is what makes open office plans so much worse than cubicles? Just less privacy?

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
As someone who use to work for NYC Cityhall..... this is how it's designed. Deblasio calls it his Bullpen and in theory it's based on the idea the mayor of NYC isn't really in the office long. They move around the city constantly, and the bullpen acts as a think tank.

Operations

Oct 29, 2017
His "man of the people" Office 2.0 remark wouldn't work in the WH for confidential and national security matters alone. Even in banks that have adopted open space, market traders and equity Research analysts remain confined.