• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
$500 million wasted on pointless ads while people starve in the streets. I will never understand that. I just hope elections change to being publicly funded in the near-future.
I get that piles and piles and piles of money goes into political campaigns, but Bloomberg's is especially and monumentally shitty. Half a billion dollars spent to do absolutely fuck-all in a primary race he had a 0% chance of winning when that could have gone towards anything else.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Would his taxes have been raised enough under Bernie to even warrant losing $550 million?

SuperHans

Oct 27, 2017
I think so. It gets in a gray area when one side says things in public and the other responses to it.

I kept seeing Modtron on twitter but didn't make the Voltron connection at all.
So the PAC can tailor ads based on what Biden would say at a rally. Interesting. Seems like a massive loop hole.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
I mean he hopped in late spent some pocket change and still got third yesterday. The "meme" candidate got third. I'm not sure if he ever really had a chance against the guy who stood with Obama, a very nostalgic name for the majority of American people AND Bernie the great progressive hope but fuck if I can't feel things would have been different had the been there from the start against a less stacked field and that's speaks more to me about the truth of the American voter base then anything else. Like people are celebrating but I just can't help but feel this shows us that while the American voter base isn't 100% for sale it's dangerously close.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The guy spent $500 million on a possible 2-10% chance of becoming a presidential candidate, when he's worth $60 billion.

Jokes are easy and fun, but that's not stupid. I'd drop 1/120th of my networth in Vegas right now on those odds (even 2%) to be a presidential nominee in the fall.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Biden's spoiler out, not looking good for Bernie.
Warren needs to drop out and endorse him now.
The movement needs to be bigger than a person.

Warren didn't endorse until the convention in 2016. She's probably going to drop out in the next week, but I don't see her endorsing a candidate until the General.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
He robbed Bernie/Warren (the "look at the rich" guys) of press time and sank them brought back Obamaism as a Democrat ideal, propelled his name in the most watched political race of American history (honestly) and even got a small nationwide political capital of his own.

Best spent $500 million in America this year.

What's the harm?
It's pocket change for him anyways.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Warren should drop out now to have a clean Biden vs Bernie primary for the remaining states.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't think this is a repeat of 2016. A lot of people really hate Hillary.

People like to conveniently forget that there was a lot of lingering hatred and resentment towards the Clintons in the Midwest/Rust Belt because of NAFTA, which gutted the Midwest manufacturing industries. That absolutely played a role in Hillary losing those key States. Biden has no such baggage and therefore is much more likely to win back the States in the Rust Belt that Hillary lost.

Dude is absolutely not Hillary 2.0 in-the-making as many here are ready to claim.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am an outsider to the subject so I might be ignorant. But this motherfucker spent 500 million dollars just to hurt a social democrat? What the hell is wrong with American politics?
We are very very very into capitalism here
No, I'm serious. Biden has a good chance to beat Trump if you think about it and stop mourning that your favourite nominee won't make it.
He only has a chance of winning because he's not Trump. That's all he has going for him.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I love the idea of him pumping 500 million dollars into the economy as an unintentional stimulus package. Would love to see him spend another 500 million running anti-Trump ads and buying unemployed millenials sushi lunches, so long as he promises not to run for real.

Dec 31, 2017
LOL what a colossal waste of money.

Good. He was the true Monkey's Paw candidate; if he ended up with the nomination we would truly have been fucked.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense though this doesn't bode well for Bernie. Tulsi should drop out too, she's gettin beat by people who dropped out weeks ago.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Bloomberg managed to achieve more downward wealth redistribution in 2 months than 8 years of Obama.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Well, looks like those peeps who were making a living tweeting Bloomberg memes will have to start looking for a real job again. Shame.

Like all the others said, that's one hell of a lot of money he threw down the drain. Imagine how many crumbling roads could have been repaired by that. Among other things.

Damn, what a crazy week. This feels like that one Monopoly game where one of the players is just one turn away from bankrupcy with just a mortgaged Boardwalk and Park Place in his possession and then he suddenly lands on Free Parking, gets 10K in fines and taxes, unmortgages his properties and builds hotels on them and several turns later he owns everything north of St Charles Place.

Last edited:

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
He flushed 500+ Million Dollars down the toilet. And people think Billionares use their money wisely. Imagine what that money could have done for people.

The Pot

Oct 25, 2017
TN
Sick of seeing his commercials on every channel every single fucking break on every channel I watch.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Meanwhile at Warren HQ

tenor.gif

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly big news for Biden. Assuming Bloomberg actually keeps his word and utilizes his massive ground campaign and ad campaign for Joe.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was all about his ego.

At least he has promised to spend his cash to help the dem and beat Trump in Nov.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If Bloomberg is earnest about his support, it will be a big boon for Biden in the general. Just think how many Bloomberg ads you've seen the past few months and imagine that push in September/October for Biden.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
Warren didn't endorse until the convention in 2016. She's probably going to drop out in the next week, but I don't see her endorsing a candidate until the General.
I don't believe it either, I'm prepared for her to ride it all the way to the convention.
What I think is best for Bernie, is not what I assume will happen.