• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
So he's taking over as director like Stallone did back in Rocky 2, interesting how history repeats itself.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Neat. I'm in, these Creed movies have been right up my alley for what I like from sports movies

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Where will he go? He's already champion
TO THE STREET

4IAm3DC.gif

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's super talented so I'm sure he will do a great job.
Not sure if talent in front of the camera translates to talent behind the camera. Plenty of actors who direct meh-tier films (or terrible films) their first time out.
Wishing him luck. Hope it's more like part 1 than part 2, though I enjoyed both.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Looking forward to Creed ending the real life US v China war in Creed IV by fighting some steroid infused Chinese super warrior.

Deleted member 6173

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He should fight Clubber Lang's son. Lose and them get help from Ivan Drago's son to train and come back and beat him. Then end the film the same way as Rocky 3.

Boom just outlined the film. I'll take a nice cheque thank you.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Absolutely LOVED Creed. Thought Creed 2 was good, but definitely a step down, but I am still stoked for Creed 3

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
The man is a superstar - and if not yet globally, he will be. I tried pretty hard to work with him on a project like two years ago, it was a half day and he commanding like $600k for it. Thought it was still worth it but he isn't a big name in Europe really so the ROI wasn't there. But he's only going up from here.

creed 1 and 2 were both great so looking forward to where they take it

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's interesting. Definitely a good project for him to cut his directoral teeth on - I'll give it a shot either way.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I think people just thought it was worse than the first one but still mostly good. I thought it was pretty fantastic, though, so I'm still in agreement.
As soon as it was announced, people thought it ruined the franchise. Once it released, the tone shifted to something decent.

I don't think this film needs to do anything spectacular. Just a continuation of the character works well enough.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Creed was great. Creed 2 was ok. I lost it when he punched the floor like some anime shit to then go on and kick ass lmao. That was so dumb

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't think it was better but it was enjoyable as fuck! Watched it twice at the theater and it was way better than it's premise.

It's all about expectations I guess. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did and I also felt like all of the characters in 2 gave me more reason to care about them. It's such a silly premise for a sequel and the 8th movie in the franchise but it works so well despite itself.

GoutPatrol

Oct 30, 2017
Show some true commitment: film half the movie shredded as fuck and then take a year off getting fat and learning On The Waterfront monologues.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Am I crazy or did this already get announced? I never seen any Rocky film but was randomly browsing the Rocky Wikipedia page 3 days ago and read this.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
In this thread we already have someone friends with the writer of Creed 1 and someone who tried to hire Michael B Jordan. That's wild.