• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 19, 2018
It's early days yet, so who knows if this will actually come to pass -- but any excuse to make a Rocky/Creed related thread, I'll take. :)

www.indiewire.com

Michael B. Jordan Confirmed to Direct ‘Creed III,’ MGM Sets Thanksgiving 2022 Release Date

The latest "Rocky" spinoff follows on the success of the 2015 and 2018 "Creed" films, starring Jordan as Adonis Creed.
Michael B. Jordan is reportedly in talks to not only star in, but also direct, the third installment in the "Creed" film series. The news was first reported by Deadline within the context of a larger story about the studio MGM, which produced and distributed "Creed II" in 2018, and produced "Creed" with Warner Bros. distributing domestically in 2015.

Back in February it was reported by THR that Zach Baylin, the scribe behind the upcoming Will Smith vehicle "King Richard," is penning the script for "Creed III." The movie will continue the saga of Adonis Creed, played by Jordan. The original movie grossed $173 million at the worldwide box office. The second film earned more than $214 million around the world.
---------

I absolutely adored the first two Creeds, and while a part of me feels a third entry would be bordering on unnecessary, the other part would love to see what Jordan brings to the table. I also really like the idea of its title star, like Stallone before him, taking a shot at both directing and starring.

Oct 29, 2017
While I'm interested in how Jordan would handle it, what would they even do? Is he gonna fight Mr. T's son or something?

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I love Creed, it's one of my favorite films and more than worthy to carry on Rocky's legacy. Creed 2 on the other hand is fine, not spectacular.
But since I love the characters and MBJ I'll gladly take anything. And I think he has a lot of potential. He does understand the characters, their motivations and the whole legacy behind it. So it could potentially be something great.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
anyone have MBJ's email address I need to send him my script idea that involves Adrian and Clubber Lang having a love child who grows up to challenge Adonis

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Creed 2 felt like a trilogy ender tbh. However, I am very much down for more Adonis.

Guessing Stallone would be a cameo at best since he seems pretty done with the franchise # no?

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
My only hope would be that it begins to take its own direction and that the story breaks off from the Rocky franchise (sans maybe Sly reprising his role as coach and mentor).

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you continue the Creed story, I think you have to include Rocky's death and how it affects Creed and Philadelphia and the world of boxing while paying homage to the Rocky character and allowing Creed to move on and establish his own legacy in LA.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm up for this.

They should bring back his opponent from Creed 1, and give the both of them the same friendship that Apollo and Rocky had.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Creed one was fucking fantastic and you could see how much Creed II lacked the nuance and actual sense of being a movie with something to say without Ryan Coogler.

I have faith that if a third one is made by MBJ, he'll put the series back on track.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Creed 2 somehow nailed being a sequel to Creed AND a serious sequel to Rocky IV, so I have faith they can do a solid third movie.

reelbigeddy

Nov 16, 2017
UK
I really need to go back and watch Creed 2, I only have vague memories of it. Creed is like the second best Rocky film though.

gagewood

Oct 25, 2017
If I had to guess Creed III will have Pretty Ricky out of prison and wanting his belt back.

Or, if we consider that Creed was similar to Rocky, and Creed II was mix of Rocky II, III, and IV, then Creed III has no choice but to emulate Rocky V. :p

I vote for a climactic street fight between Adonis and Tommy "The Mini" Gunn Jr.

Oct 25, 2017
If you continue the Creed story, I think you have to include Rocky's death and how it affects Creed and Philadelphia and the world of boxing while paying homage to the Rocky character and allowing Creed to move on and establish his own legacy in LA.

No, I don't think I could handle Rocky dying in a movie

Even watching him go through cancer in Creed 1 was really tough

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
anyone have MBJ's email address I need to send him my script idea that involves Adrian and Clubber Lang having a love child who grows up to challenge Adonis
shaq-laughing-press-conference-shaq-gifs.gif

davidnolan13

Oct 27, 2017
north east uk
Its the 3rd movie so Time travel. He goes back in time and defeats rockys in prime opponents including his dad then he takes on rocky himself but it ends with them both taking their biggest hit, freeze frame , credits. No clear winner.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
I loved both films but obviously Creed 1 was better. The cinematography was incredibly well done and I loved how alive Philladelphia felt. Creed 2 felt more like a Rocky movie than Creed sequel.

If they make a third Rocky doesn't even have to die, he could just be living in Vancouver to be close to his son. But I would love another film.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Honestly Creed 2 felt like a really strong way to end the series. I know Hollywood loves trilogies and shit, but I don't need another one.

Oct 27, 2017
Creed 2 was a really good way to have the series round off if it needed to but still open enough if they wanted to. That said I'm really happy for MBJ on this but I'm not 100% sure on where they would take it short of Rocky dying and maybe the effect of that and Donnie. I don't see Clubber Lang's son in this but I suppose they could drop the equivalent of Clubber Lang for a third one.