• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
It's been 11+ years since MVC2 has been rereleased, and the X360/PS3 versions of the game were removed from online storefronts back in late 2013.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHYEtSBgknz/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

EmZYmifXYAIITqX

What is considered by most to be one of the most influential and greatest fighting games of all time, I sometimes wonder what it will take for Capcom and Marvel Games to take notice. There's nods from ESPN, endorsements from giant movie stars, and imagery/characters/gameplay/sounds that have engrained themselves into pop culture for the past 20 years. But the question remains. Will you take me for a ride?

mvc2-character-select-screen-full.png

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much of a licensing hassle it would be to get MvC 2 on next gen consoles. Seems like an easy money maker.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Oh god, I would just be happy if they re-release MvC2 as it is on 360 right now for both next-gens...

(Also, another ad where someone isnt really playing anything, DualSense isn't even on :D)

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
I would pay so much money right now to be taken for a ride~

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'm totally down for getting another port of MvC2. I love that game so damn much, thankfully I can still play my DC version but a current gen port would certainly be convenient. Also, to this day I'm still not quite sure what Amingo is or where the heck he came from. Still a more interesting pick than Marrow though.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
MvC3 got a PC release so I have my hopes that MvC2 can make it to modern consoles.
Faint hopes but hope nonetheless.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
My dream game was a Black Panther game made by Insomniac

Maybe MBJ can push Playstation to make a good anime(Naruto) game.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
It's still baffling to me that MVC2 hasn't been made available again in some way. Do they not like easy money and customer goodwill or something?

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
Holy crap, Max. We gotta rally behind MBJ and have Capcom take us for a ride

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Asking for the return of MvC2 in an ad that otherwise has nothing to do with it is hilarious (and correct).

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Title threw me for a loop, Max. I was like "someone tell the poor guy MvC2 already exists", but yeah, please take us for a rise again, Capcom.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
So baffling that it's been the better part of a decade since this was last available.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
I'm not even kidding when I say that Marvel vs DC is probably more likely than either a new MvC or an MvC rerelease. Infinite buried that franchise deep, somewhere next to Dino Crisis.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the whole need a celebrity to give opinions.

I edited out my joke about what does Ja Rule think? But it really is same kind of thing.

I really don't get influencer and celebrity culture

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hit up Marvel and let them know, I mean you were Killmonger! They owe you a favor

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
MvC Collection, like the recent Street Fighter one; X-Men:CotA, MSH, XvSF, MSHvSF, MvC and MvC2.

It'll happen.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I wasn't expecting this on a paid partnership post.

There's also something funny about prompting a system with the latest technology while asking for MvC2

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Maaaaan, I was really hoping for a MvC2 port announcement at Evo after that exhibition tournament was announced. Seems like there wouldn't have really been anything though at this point.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
A thread by Max Dood, about Micheal B Jordan asking for MvC2 is something I didn't expect I'd see today lol