• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Have you driven one?

• Yes

Votes: 88 20.4%
  • No

Votes: 165 38.2%
  • Want to

Votes: 142 32.9%
  • Couldn't fit

Votes: 46 10.6%
  • Prefer the soft top

Votes: 36 8.3%
  • Prefer a hard top

Votes: 68 15.7%
  • Own or owned one/multiple

Votes: 42 9.7%

• Total voters

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I see Miatas mentioned a lot in car threads. What's Era's opinions on them?

NA Miata
1992-Mazda-Miata.jpg

NB Miata
Mazda-MX5-001.jpg

NB Mazdaspeed Miata
mazdaspeed-mx-5-miata-photo-5503-s-original.jpg

NC Miata
3rd-Mazda-MX-5-06-14-2010.jpg

NC2 Miata
25th-Anniversary-Mazda-MX-5.jpg

ND Miata
maxresdefault-4.jpg

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
MIatas fuck I don't care what anyone says but I won't buy one until they bring back popup headlights.

Vormund

Oct 27, 2017
Pop up headlights are never returning for any car (pedestrian safety in impacts)

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I only acknowledge MX-5

Always liked them but I couldn't drive a convertible personally

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fun little cars. I have a friend that modified the living hell out his and turned it into a street-legal track car.

I wouldn't buy one as they're not my style, but I see the appeal. I'm into other Japanese cars and primarily German cars.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
I don't think I would ever own a convertible myself but I'm glad these exist and that people like them. I'd like to see a real coupe version not just a hardtop, but then again that would just be similar to a slightly smaller 86?

Watevaman

Oct 30, 2017
I've been a passenger in a few NAs. They're cool little cars and I'd love to grab one someday. My bike fills my current "toy" needs but it'd be nice to have a roof and heat/AC for winter time.

Ain't Nobody

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think I would fit in one, but I think they're cute and cool. I've owned several Mazdas (I just think they're neat) but never really considered a Miata.

Gambit61

Oct 26, 2017
I really wanna get a hardtop NA. Hopefully I can grab one after my daily driver is paid off.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I want one. I've always wanted one. Can't justify it though it's too expensive for what it is.

pez2k

Apr 21, 2018
I'd love to own one, especially a Rocketeer-modified NB or a BBR-modified NC, but I'm 99% sure I'd be too tall to drive it. Most NAs and NBs in the UK seem to be quite rusty now too, on top of the drift tax.

SwiftSweeper

Oct 25, 2017
I had NC2. It pretty much looked like the one in the picture. I learned how to drive stick shift in that thing and had a blast until I unfortunately totaled it.

I think I paid $5,600 for mine. They are fun cars but I would get BMW M3 if I still was driving.

Last edited:

Micro

Oct 28, 2017
I'd get the new RF but WOW is it expensive. Weighing my options ruled it out quick.

However, it's a toss between an NA/NB or a Subaru BRZ if I ever go for a project car. Small, RWD.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
I love the NA Miata. It's so small and cute.
The newest gen seems like a very nice car, apparently has good power and handling while still being rather small.
But the real Mazda gem is the FD RX-7. The only problem is it's rotary engine.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
I worked for a company that had a Miata (NA) as the company car; I got hooked. I now own my third Miata (ND soft top). I love driving with the top down, and it's extremely fun to drive. And get pretty good gas mileage (it's not a gas-wasting sports car, it's designed for fun and handling, not speed). Not practical in the slightest (and I lived in Seattle, well known for rain, when I bought my first), but I don't care :)

Geeko

Oct 27, 2017
San Jose, CA
Drove a 92 Miata around for roughly 10 years. I'm not a small guy, 6'0" 220 lbs but I made it work. Great gas mileage, cheap to repair. Best of all was that it was just fun to drive.

Good Dreams

Oct 27, 2017
I own a 2019 which was the year it got a boost to 181hp which makes it almost perfect. It's a beautiful car and a lot of fun to drive. Out of the cars I've owned I'd place it as my second favorite after my 2000 Boxster, which sadly got rear ended and destroyed. That car was amazingly fun, and the Miata's a good substitute for it.

LvMFa12.jpg

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
My first car that was really "mine" (ie, not a hand-me-down from my parents) was a VW GTI, which only came in a stick. My best friend had a first-gen Miata, and let me learn stick on it. Absolutely fantastic car, and you could switch gears with a single finger.

My wife ended up with a BRZ recently, and if the RF Miata had been available when we got it, it would have been a very tough choice. I think the RF's design is truly stunning.

ohkay

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If I could justify buying a car strictly for fun, I'd get an ND

Ablacious

Dec 23, 2018
Got a 2013 with the power retractable hardtop as a daily driver that I geek about every so often. 12 seconds open/close roof that retracts into its own compartment? And it was a ~2-3K addition? Even cars 5 times as much didn't beat that.
Would get a newer one but not a fan of the RF.
Very impractical, but you can get them dirt cheap for weekend driving.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
The Honda Del Sol was infinitely superior!