• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Of course I'm talking about the Grammeowster Chef's cozy kitchen, in which her and her kitten sidekicks prepare a wholesome warm feast for all the hunters in Seliana. Just look at this babushkat:

latest

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING in this room is rendered and animated with loving perfection. There's the cat in the corner making bread from start to finish, and you can watch up close as he fills up his bowl with various ingredients and kneads the resulting dough before bringing it to the back to proof. His partner bakes the proofed dough in the background. Pots are bubbling and boiling all over the place, lids shaking and all. And the Grammeowster herself is waddling around the whole time, testing and tasting the food like a master chef.
Here's the animation that plays when you order a meal:

Check out this ambience:

Absolutely amazing. I could stay in her kitchen for hours.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Cooking in MH should be a Cooking Mama style mini-game with the cats.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I miss the Meowscular Chef, everyone I end up in Astera I eat there and watch the cooking animation, despite the mile jog to find everything.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Monster Hunter makes me so hungry every time I play. It was already good enough in older games (I love the stir fry rice the Street Chef makes in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate), but in World/Iceborne it goes so over the top in making the food look delicious.

Which is weird when the chefs are Felynes and well...

comic610.png

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Monster Hunter makes me so hungry every time I play. It was already good enough in older games (I love the stir fry rice the Street Chef makes in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate), but in World/Iceborne it goes so over the top in making the food look delicious.

Which is weird when the chefs are Felynes and well...

comic610.png
Please, these are PROFESSIONALS.

They wash and trim every day before they even step foot into the kitchen, it's the only way it works.

This would be a disaster! : P

ash32121

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of fur that stuck in your food makes me wince every time that animation plays out.

So I usually opt to use the camp cooking instead

Kientin

Oct 27, 2017
Just noticed for the first time your palico as soon as the food is served is trying to eat, but the food is too hot and is trying to blow on it to cool it off. After you are done eating the palico is still trying to cool it off. Haha.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I sat there and watch them bake bread for a while.

I bet that kitchen would smell AMAZING.

Edit: yep, that. ^ They go through the whole process. It's great.