• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the attack jewel meme but I'm still amused.
drop-rate.png

These are the default numbers are DIRCETLY from the PC version, with each rate given for specific drop table's item. It's funny but you can see how the community itt and online had a heart attack when they planned on giving it out. I've played FTP games that have higher drops.

Oct 27, 2017
This game deserves it, but Capcom needs to stop treating the PC version like a second class citizen. Day and date for all events and releases, please.

:(

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats Capcom. Mhw definitely moved into my top 10 favorite games of all time. Rich game full of great content. Iceborne is coming!

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This game was my first ever Monster Hunter game and I enjoyed it (80? hours gametime), so I'm glad to see it's clearly doing really damn good worldwide.

Just feel like Capcom dropped the ball on the post-launch content plan big time leading up to Iceborne. After I lost interest in vanilla, I haven't touched it since, and wasn't really pulled in by the Iceborne BETA either.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
drop-rate.png

These are the default numbers are DIRCETLY from the PC version, with each rate given for specific drop table's item. It's funny but you can see how the community itt and online had a heart attack when they planned on giving it out. I've played FTP games that have higher drops.

Goddamn that's harsh. Used to have loads of attack gems on the 3DS which is why I never thought about it.

NegativeCero

Oct 28, 2017
Just in time for my PC to be back up and running. I missed out on the beta for Iceborne, but I'll need to catch up to my PS4 file anyway.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Them giving away a free attack jewel made me realise why I disliked World. I'd take the talisman grind over jewels being the new talismans.

At least I have Gen U.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice legs. And well over 10 million copies sold wordwide, while selling a ton in the west. Well done Capcom. Wise decision. They done the right thing here.
Couldn't get past the first page revisiting that thread. It is mostly the same that frequent the media create threads and kept shitting on capcom just because they took a risk and dropped the preferred platform in Japan looking for greener pastures.
Well said.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
World is a couple million shy of outselling every version of monster hunter on 3ds, that is insane. Iceborne is going to put it way over.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
When Monster Hunter is selling this much Capcom has got to be like what's the point of doing anything else.

Dino Crisis? Nah, just put the resources into making another MH expansion.

Haha .. the same reason they din put all resources on DMC,Onimusha,RE when they were selling 5 times that of Monster Hunter in 2005.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ships, ok. 10m sold is certainly great tho.
Gonna easily hit 20m

15, 20 seems a bit far fetched ;)

Btw I really don't care about sales / shipping much, but I play a lot of capcom games and just started playing MH (world) and this is a pretty interesting development

(I always wanted to play MHW, but my PC wasn't good enough until recently, also been waiting for a discount I'm not paying 60 for 1 year old game...)

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Amazing number, congrats to Capcom!

I really had a good time with the game but haven't played it since a long time, will check what people say about it's expansion.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, first time MH player here and I sunk in 120 hours into this game, lol.

Took a chance on this franchise and LOVE it.

I did actually try the 3ds demo of MH back a few years ago and just fucking despised it.

For some reason I took a chance on PS4 and yeah, I'm hooked. Glad its back on consoles.

I am 100% ready for Iceborne.

Also, kinda ready to see this game on next gen platforms!

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Deserved. Got it a few weeks ago and the game is an absolute blast. A grinding game done right. I had tried other games similar to it like Toukiden and bounced off quick so I thought MH wouldnt be for me. Didnt really enjoy the combat in Toukiden compared to Souls. But the more I've played the deeper its gotten. Charge Blade is one of the most fun weapons I've used in any game.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Pre-ordered and ready to go for Iceborne. I could never get in to any of the regular Monster Hunter games, but World hooked me hard for 300+ hours.

Can't wait.

Beatle

Dec 4, 2017
User banned (3 days): ignoring the mod post
This thread is about the games sales on current platforms. Not hypotheticals on a nonexistent switch version. Stay on topic.
Nope this thread is about games sales, no mention of any platform now or future in the original post or tweet, speculation on game sales is legit

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Nope this thread is about games sales, no mention of any platform now or future in the original post or tweet, speculation on game sales is legit

It's like saying the game will sell more if they put it on iOS. Doesn't really add anything but derail on to how the Switch can run it etc which is no sales related.

Beatle

Dec 4, 2017
It's like saying the game will sell more if they put it on iOS. Doesn't really add anything but derail on to how the Switch can run it etc which is no sales related.
It was just a small comment, now people are blowing it out to being much more than it was, what's with the censoring?

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018

The fuck is Dragonseal? I assume they mean Elderseal? I feel like there's no way they only have a .05 percent drop rate. Seem to get one every other investigation.

Now attack gems, they are definitely the lowest of the low. Once Capcom gives away the free one, it'll only be my fifth attack jewel in over 500 hours. And this is coming from someone who grinded the fuck out of Greatest Jagras and My Name is Lavasioth!

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
The game costs a lot more to make and market. Like a LOT more. Not to mention selling to casuals doesn't count. Capcom stay losing.