• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like I think the trilogy is amazing and love all three games but the second game in particular has a special place in my heart. One part of it is the intro with the music.

I dunno what it is but man do I love it. It's feels haunting and alien probably my favorite intro/menu music title of all time.

Can't wait to see what Prime 4's is like.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
That's weird because it was stuck in my head last week, too... I haven't even played Prime 2 more than 10 minutes lol.

I did play the version of Dolphin Emulator that gives Metroid Prime kb/m controls, that probably jostled that memory.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Many would argue the first game has better title screen music and I would be one of them.

Last edited:

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, all three of them are solid gold. If the trilogy is re-released here's hoping they get added back in.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
Many would argue the first game has better title screen music and I would be one of them.

Menu select is where it's at

This is legit my favourite music and visual in the prime series, the version of this track in the end credits is God tier.

There are good interviews with Clark Wen and stuff about working as audio lead on the first two games - they worked really hard on getting these games to sound amazing and they still do.

I love the little gurgles and digital noise in the Prime intro, and that signature legato whistle... I still love the synthy choir sounds as well. They're particularly good on the Prime 3 intro actually

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
MP2 has the most stylish visuals, but MP3's theme is easily my favorite:

That Terminator beat at the end...

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I like 3's intro music the best. There's just something so haunting about it.

This thread is making me remember how damn lucky we are to have gotten three of these fucking games.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
The themes in all 3 games are amazing, 2 stuck with me even before I got a chance to play the game.

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
It's great, but I don't think it'll ever dethrone prime 1 for me.

This is the actual theme, not the select screen music.

Birdito

Oct 30, 2017
The Prime 2 theme is the best. OG Prime theme is very close. Those games had great music throughout.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I just wanna know if Kenji Yamamoto and Minako Hamano are gonna be back for 4 to do actual composing or if they're just relegated (promoted) to eternal supervisor hell. Their soundscape is a huge part of why this series is so magical.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen the demo reels for prime 2 far too much thanks to that title theme.

Not so big on the menu theme but at least it's got that funky movement/selection going on

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
It's good. all three primes had great main title music.

Though these games probably have the greatest gulfs between title screen animation+music and the actual game logos—the metroid series deserves better wordmarks than these monstrosities

Deleted member 69942

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2020
I think I am also for Echoes. I remember the first time I played it on my Gamecube I was really hyped. Funny enough I played MP2 before 1 and I never finished 3 because my save file got corrupted before the final boss. When it comes to the Switch I will replay all of them for sure! :D

One of my favorite themes to listen to again: Rundas Theme.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Prime 2 always stood out as the closest Metroid ever got to being a legit horror game. The whole game was just so oppressive and bleak, I mean a good bulk of the lore was scanned from corpses for god's sake.

From the moment you boot up the game and you hear that music set to a heartbeat you know you're in for some wild shit.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
GIMME THAT FRIGGIN' HD TRILOGY ON SWITCH ALREADY, NINTENDO! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

Seriously, I wanna replay these games so bad. And a soundtrack menu like in Mario 3D All-Stars would be sick.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All the Metroid Prime intros are fantastic. Prime 1's menu and intro turned me into a Metroid fan the moment I started the game. Prime 2's is absolutely legendary and the best though, I agree. What a way to make a first impression after the first game set the bar so high.

They didn't have to go extra on Metroid Prime Trilogy's menu either, but they did that too - a collection they knew was well worthy of the pizzazz.

If they keep up the title streak dominance on Prime 4's startup I'll probably get emotional just from booting the game up.

Nov 1, 2017
The Title Theme in all three Prime games are easily franchise classics, not a huge huge fan of the Prime 2 Menu Select though.

Zeroth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I havent played MP3 yet so I can't judge its opening theme, but MP2's is one I still find myself humming every so often to this day

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017

Agreed but c'mon you gotta post the menu screen in action, it's so good. It really impressed me from a production value standpoint when I first turned on my GameCube like damn I'm in for a deep dive.

May 15, 2018
Denmark
How well does it run on Dolphin? Would be curious to try it out.
www.resetera.com

Status of Metroid Prime Trilogy on Dolphin?

2 years ago I heard that you could play Metroid Prime Trilogy using keyboard and mouse on Dolphin. When I tried it using ubershaders I was getting stuttering still. Did they ever get it running without performance issues? If so can you please post build and settings for Dolphin? Also if they...

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed but c'mon you gotta post the menu screen in action, it's so good. It really impressed me from a production value standpoint when I first turned on my GameCube like damn I'm in for a deep dive.

Oh yeah, this is it. 2 is my favourite of the three games, but this is the song to go for. The buildup is just sublime.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Biggest downside of the MP Trilogy is that they removed the title screens and music for each game D:

Dr. Wario

User requested ban
Banned
Jun 30, 2020
The whole game is full of amazing music - and I think I'm in the minority when I say Prime 2 is my favourite of the three. What a fantastic game.