• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game is already preloaded on my Switch, got a 3 day weekend too, can't fucking wait to play this

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Good scores. Very disappointed Target is delivering the game as early as Monday and as late as next Friday. Preordered it very early on, so no idea what the issue is.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Gamecentral gave it 9/10!

metro.co.uk

Metroid Dread review – prime Metroid

The first proper new Metroid game in over a decade celebrates the series’ 35th anniversary and the return of one of Nintendo’s greatest heroes.

In Short: One of the best Metroid games ever made and a thrilling restatement of everything that makes the series, and the genre it inspired, great.
Pros: Cleverly designed game world, filled with secrets and a huge range of weapons and items. Great combat and enemy designs and impressive graphics despite the 2D gameplay. Good soundtrack.
Cons: Only a few new ideas and the final boss is a real slog. The lack of hand-holding is inevitably going to frustrate some players.
Score: 9/10

That hand holding "con". :)

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
a 10/10 from nintendo life, shocker!

real talk tho, super excited to get my copy on friday. Axiom Verge 2 was a great appetizer!

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
Gamecentral gave it 9/10!

metro.co.uk

Metroid Dread review – prime Metroid

The first proper new Metroid game in over a decade celebrates the series’ 35th anniversary and the return of one of Nintendo’s greatest heroes.

In Short: One of the best Metroid games ever made and a thrilling restatement of everything that makes the series, and the genre it inspired, great.
Pros: Cleverly designed game world, filled with secrets and a huge range of weapons and items. Great combat and enemy designs and impressive graphics despite the 2D gameplay. Good soundtrack.
Cons: Only a few new ideas and the final boss is a real slog. The lack of hand-holding is inevitably going to frustrate some players.
Score: 9/10

That hand holding "con". :)

lol

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Spicy, spicy scores. I guess I gotta make room for this game too now lol

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played a switch game in a while, despite this being 720p docked is it going to look like ass on a 4K TV or should I find a different display to play it on?

dippa

Oct 29, 2017
It's Metroid, and it's good, but it's also a very pure Metroid game.

From Kotaku Australia:

Metroid Dread is a lesson in simplicity. MercurySteam and Nintendo knows what makes a good game, but more importantly, they know what makes a good Metroid game. It's a masterclass in pacing, giving level design and new abilities time to breathe. It's a masterclass in making the most out of portable hardware, and building on everything Metroid fans have internalised after two decades.

Is it the most innovative 2D platformer in years? Undoubtedly not.

But then again, you're not buying Metroid Dread because it does things no other platformer can.

You're buying Metroid Dread, because no other platformer can truly replace the void Metroid left.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
So glad I took off Monday. Going to play this pretty much all day Saturday-Monday

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing reviews!

We're going to have such an interesting Game of the Year competition this year. So many awesome games in that 86-89 range!