• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Looks like they updated the text at the original link?
www.4a-games.com.mt

DEEP SILVER AND 4A GAMES ANNOUNCE METRO EXODUS PC ENHANCED EDITION AND REVEAL MORE DETAILS FOR PLAYSTATION 5 AND XBOX SERIES X|S UPGRADE — 4A Games

4A Games and Deep Silver announce the Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition, reveal details about new Ray Tracing features for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S and PC, and give info on Mac and Linux versions of Metro Exodus.

" We're targeting 1080p on Xbox Series S, but the other benefits above will apply, including 60 FPS and full Ray Traced lighting throughout."
They did, nice.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
4K, Ray Tracing and FoV. Great news! Every fucking FPS game should have a FoV on consoles, no exceptions.

Any release date for Upgrade?

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I agree and always thought they'd run current gen games on par with a 2080. The issue will be when games are created specifically for the new consoles where triangle counts / geometry increase massively along with much higher quality, textures, lighting, character models then all the AI simulation improvements. We're going to go from 4K/60 with full on high end PC RT on last gen ports / patches to 1440/30 with some select RT on full current gen only games imo.

I'm just enjoying it while it lasts!

Think it'll last the entire gen. The tools will get better. 4A games are relying heavily on rt going forward... seems plausible they'd only make that type of decision of they felt consoles could handle it going forward.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Damnnn 4k60 with RT is impressive even through the use of reconstruction.

But im definitely going to be replaying this for those dualsense features. It had never even occurred to me before but this game would be great for it

Last edited:

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I hope they fix some of the audio issues. They were a major bummer for me and kept me from getting immersed when it first came out.

Jul 10, 2020
Very interesting to see the wide delta between Remedy's Control Next-Gen Update for the Series S being 900P 60FPS with no RT and 4A going balls-to-the-wall on Series S with 1080P + 60FPS + RT with Metro Exodus Next-Gen.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Looks like they updated the text at the original link?
www.4a-games.com.mt

DEEP SILVER AND 4A GAMES ANNOUNCE METRO EXODUS PC ENHANCED EDITION AND REVEAL MORE DETAILS FOR PLAYSTATION 5 AND XBOX SERIES X|S UPGRADE — 4A Games

4A Games and Deep Silver announce the Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition, reveal details about new Ray Tracing features for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S and PC, and give info on Mac and Linux versions of Metro Exodus.

" We're targeting 1080p on Xbox Series S, but the other benefits above will apply, including 60 FPS and full Ray Traced lighting throughout."

I held off playing this game when it was on game pass but will pay for this version on my S.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Metro: Exodus is an amazing game. I'll finish it again when the updated version is released on Series S. I'll kill everyone this time, hehe.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Very interesting to see the wide delta between Remedy's Control Next-Gen Update for the Series S being 900P 60FPS with no RT and 4A going balls-to-the-wall on Series S with 1080P + 60FPS + RT with Metro Exodus Next-Gen.
They're completely different engines, though. RT in one game may utilize system resources differently than another. Control pushes systems hard, even without ray-tracing.

I was at one point very tempted to get the Series S, but I'm really glad I didn't. The console has a clear bottleneck in RAM and memory bandwidth (and maybe even the GPU) that is already being felt today.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Isn't it nice to see a developer prioritise raytraced lighting over raytraced reflections? It's weird to see so much focus being put on relections considering how insignificant it is.

Although I don't ever feel like replaying Exodus, I may still check out a few levels. The forest in particular would look gorgeous. Jealous of new players.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
We will probably have a massive interview with 4a tech and big blow out videos covering this.
It's happening gif. Can't wait for your analysis and interviews with them. Keep up the great work you guys do.
1080p/60 wihy RT on Series S
I figure that's dynamic, but still great to see Series S performing better an better as developer get more experienced with the hardware and tools. I remember some on the DMC thread already writing Series S and RT off xD.
They weren't messing around when they stated these consoles will allow them to go full steam ahead with ray tracing for their lighting solution.
I am surprised by this, because they even target 60FPS. They are wizards.
I do wonder how these companies make any money simply updating old games and releasing them for free. O.o
Word of mouth basically, because channels like DF will make videos for it and the game will surely be streamed a bit more than now.

Gjallarsean

Oct 10, 2018
They're completely different engines, though. RT in one game may utilize system resources differently than another. Control pushes systems hard, even without ray-tracing.

Yeah, it's not really a fair comparison. Control does so much more real-time physics simulation than the vast majority of other AAA games - just an absurd amount of debris flying around and breaking, and all of those pieces being individually calculated means it can only push resolution and graphical effects so far without needing to dump $1k+ into hardware to handle all of it.

knight714

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait. They were wizards with the Redux versions on last gen consoles.
I'll definitely buy, but really hoping for gyro aim

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
Damn! Are 4A Games wizards or what? I remember my similar surprise when they revealed that Metro 2033/Last Light would somehow run at 1080p/60 on base PS4/XBO and look still look damn good doing it

Demon_Ice

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
That is incredible. Fully ray traced GI + emissive lights and shadowing running at 4K60 on consoles is absolutely insane. They do mention temporal reconstruction in play so probably not native 4K but that honestly doesn't matter, temporal reconstruction is so good these days that going for native 4K is, IMO, a total waste of resources (looking at you, 343i with Halo Infinite).

+ DLSS 2.0 and extra RT reflections for PC, hell yeah. My 3080 is ready. Just bought the game for 60% off sale on Steam today in preparation for this free upgrade :)

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Well one of them is a free upgrade.
Damn. True, though.
Isn't it nice to see a developer prioritise raytraced lighting over raytraced reflections? It's weird to see so much focus being put on relections considering how insignificant it is.

Although I don't ever feel like replaying Exodus, I may still check out a few levels. The forest in particular would look gorgeous. Jealous of new players.
I agree with you that this is nice to see and I think most older games simply focused on reflections, because it's probably easier to implement compared to a new lightning solution. Metro already used it in the PC version iirc.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Damn! Are 4A Games wizards or what? I remember my similar surprise when they revealed that Metro 2033/Last Light would somehow run at 1080p/60 on base PS4/XBO and look still look damn good doing it

Yeah. Exodus already looked amazing on last gen consoles. Native 4k on One X. Clean as hell.

rafiii

Feb 7, 2019
4A games have found the secret sauce for Series S!
Or they do black magic
Or both... :)

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Oh man! Only if I knew this earlier.. would have bought the gold edition on sale for €20

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
I'm probably in the minority but I've never played a metro game 🥴. Maybe this will be my first one