• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
People who know all the big words about graphics, is this suite of RT features surpassing something like what Control does or more or less the same or what?

When I read fully ray traced it gets me thinking of Quake II rtx but that seems too advanced for what this probably is

Metro Exodus for consoles will have more ray tracing features than Control Ultimate Edition on consoles. I think the main reason is that Control is very demanding on both GPU and CPU. I think that Metro Exodus is not as demanding as Control and is better optimized.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Never played the Metro series...any news on remasters or upgrades for the first two?

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
The thing I'm most excited about is the FOV slider - I think I had to edit the .INI on PC to do that, so it's nice to have it in the game. Will deffo pick it up for the X when this drops.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Damn I just wish this had cross save with pc. Got pretty far into this on pc gamepass and would buy on series x if could continue on.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I just hope series s making to 60fps it not having a option between graphics and perfomance
Looking at what they said this might be the best option if they don't manage to hit the 60FPS target with Ray tracing, it would be better than locking at a single 30FPS mode or 60FPS without RT(which is Control's case but for other reasons), hopefully it won't be the case though.
We're targeting 1080p on Xbox Series S, with framerate still to be determined as we continue to optimize for this hardware, but the other benefits above will apply, including full Ray Traced lighting throughout.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Dictator

4K/60 + RTX isnt even possible on a 3080, right?

Must be a huge engine overhaul.
Like chandoog mentions - they will likely be using something like DRS + reconstruction on consoles + lower internal resolution RT to get the resolution up. Maybe quarter resolution RT or something. We will probably have a massive interview with 4a tech and big blow out videos covering this.

Broadbandit

Oct 29, 2017
Like chandoog mentions - they will likely be using something like DRS + reconstruction on consoles + lower internal resolution RT to get the resolution up. Maybe quarter resolution RT or something. We will probably have a massive interview with 4a tech and big blow out videos covering this.

I'm sure ya'll are like "WHAT HOW WTF GET THEM ON THE PHONE NOW!"

Can't wait for the videos

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
60 fps with RT support, pure sorcery.
So glad I picked up the full game and DLC with the recent Xbox sale. I finished this on Game Pass last year but needed a reason to pick up the add ons, 4A just gave me the perfect excuse.

Just amazing.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Totally forgot I had this game, never installed it. Guess I'll wait.

Lewpop

Dec 10, 2020
Will be interesting to see how their temporal reconstruction works... done well, I much prefer this over wasting resources on native 4K. Imagine the RT will be pretty low res as well but it's still nice to see

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
60 fps with RT support, pure sorcery.
So glad I picked up the full game and DLC with the recent Xbox sale. I finished this on Game Pass last year but needed a reason to pick up the add ons, 4A just gave me the perfect excuse.

Just amazing.

Depending on resolution and quality of RT the consoles can do it if the dev really flexes.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Wait 4k native and rt? That's actually an amazing achievement

Esit: Oh so it's not 4k but an upscaling solution? Expected but they certainly make it sound as it's actually 4k in that tweet

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DLSS 2.0??? hugs 3080
Gonna go buy this on the Series X as well *applauds devs*

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
Man I hope they do something about the way it controls...it felt so awful that I dropped the game

I think the switch to 60fps will help here but I was instantly turned off on the game for that very reason. I cant really remember any outlets commenting on it as well, which to me is suprising.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
as a Series S owner, I'd be VERY happy about 1080p, ray tracing and 60fps...let's take a closer look going ahead!

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
please allow me to hijack this thread for a moment

I have the original Metro 2033 on Steam, is it worth it to get the Redux version? I haven't played it yet.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Wow what a amazing update on paper. Covers every box and is 60FPS with RT to boot. Can't wait to see DF uncovering the results.

PS: There was speculation that you need to code for low latency input on Xbox. This seems to confirm it, no?
a range of platform specific features including spatial audio and controller latency improvements on Xbox,

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
60fps will make a huge difference here, especially for people like me who enjoyed the remasters in 60fps but could not get into exodus at 30fps with that weird controller input lag. Just wasn't fun to shoot, and just seemed like I was fighting the controls a lot of the time.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Even then I don't think we've seen anything like that on these consoles yet. Miles Morales has been tthe most impressive with 60fps RT, but that was at 1080p and was only reflections.
It was dynamic 1440p but could drop as low as 1080p in the most stressful situations.

But yeah, this is super impressive, though I'm going to assume it's probably going to be rendering more in the 1440p range.

Dec 2, 2020
Aight, my doubt from the other thread has been cleared, heh.

Not gonna lie, I've been absolutely blown away by current gen consoles so far. 4K60 + RT is the stuff of dreams.

I agree and always thought they'd run current gen games on par with a 2080. The issue will be when games are created specifically for the new consoles where triangle counts / geometry increase massively along with much higher quality, textures, lighting, character models then all the AI simulation improvements. We're going to go from 4K/60 with full on high end PC RT on last gen ports / patches to 1440/30 with some select RT on full current gen only games imo.

I'm just enjoying it while it lasts!

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
It was dynamic 1440p but could drop as low as 1080p in the most stressful situations.

But yeah, this is super impressive, though I'm going to assume it's probably going to be rendering more in the 1440p range.

Yeah, this is interesting as hell.

Was pretty much done with Exodus, but I might revisit just to see if they can pull this off.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
"both our ground-breaking Ray Traced Global Illumination (RTGI) and the Ray Traced Emissive Lighting "

Ok, now we're talking. No RT reflections apparently but those are far less crucial to fidelity than RT lighting.
(though while i wouldn't personally use it, an option to have those enabled at 30fps would be nice).
Bring it on!

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up the Gold Edition for $20 and replayed Last Light in anticipation of this. Love these games and am really glad I waited for this update

nidopal

Jul 27, 2020
Looking at what they said this might be the best option if they don't manage to hit the 60FPS target with Ray tracing, it would be better than locking at a single 30FPS mode or 60FPS without RT(which is Control's case but for other reasons), hopefully it won't be the case though.

Looks like they updated the text at the original link?
www.4a-games.com.mt

DEEP SILVER AND 4A GAMES ANNOUNCE METRO EXODUS PC ENHANCED EDITION AND REVEAL MORE DETAILS FOR PLAYSTATION 5 AND XBOX SERIES X|S UPGRADE ā€” 4A Games

4A Games and Deep Silver announce the Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition, reveal details about new Ray Tracing features for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S and PC, and give info on Mac and Linux versions of Metro Exodus.

" We're targeting 1080p on Xbox Series S, but the other benefits above will apply, including 60 FPS and full Ray Traced lighting throughout."

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
They weren't messing around when they stated these consoles will allow them to go full steam ahead with ray tracing for their lighting solution.