• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
stop bringing up the Steam pre-order thing, that's not gonna move the needle enough to have a performance like this be completely thrown off balance unless you're telling me 1 day of preorders was enough

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Do we even have anything close to sales data for Last Light for the first month? All I found was that it sold more in one week than 2033 in 3 months.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
stop bringing up the Steam pre-order thing, that's not gonna move the needle enough to have a performance like this be completely thrown off balance unless you're telling me 1 day of preorders was enough
? You do know that the Steam version had several months of preorders by the time it was pulled out, right?

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
User banned (3 days): hostility, previous warnings for similar behaviour
That's really sad. F*ck these people supporting Epic's moneyhatting practices on pc.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It is such a weird comparison because Exodus this year is so so much bigger than Last Light when it launched. Its apples to oranges to games. I do also want to know if this is only EGS purchases. And also If the Last Light number includes physical copies, as the EGS most certainly does.

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
You know that it has a higher all time player count just on steam than Last Light did?

I know that the regional pricing of this game is also way better than Last Light's was

I also know that this is a very silly argument to make because Last Light was a damn 2013 game

This ain't it chief

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
No, you didn't . You posted a article from someone that made an article based on the same conference you and I watched. They didn't contact Epic games for this and no press release has been (yet at least) sent out.
This is irrelevant

Again state your SOURCE for the included steam sales (but you can't because you have none so you're making shit up and covering your base with vague comments)

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017

That is not correct. Metro Exodus' concurrent user peak on Steam alone was many times bigger than Last Light Redux's peak. Preorders alone were enough for that difference.

Last edited:

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Highly marketed and well received sequel sells more than previously low-profile eurojank game, good for 4A I guess. Who knows how much it would have sold on Steam? Makes for good exclusivity wars arguments I guess.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Try reading that article again. They didnt get any info from Epic at all. They watched the same conference you and I watched and made their own conclusions of it.

And then you invented the fact that they added Steam sales, with zero evidence, even though both they and everyone reporting on it is claiming otherwise?

So where is your evidence...for the 4th time? Quit beating around the bush and state your source. If you have no proof, no inside info, then quit pretending you do and acting like what you are saying is fact, because you just made it up.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
No, you didn't . You posted a article from someone that made an article based on the same conference you and I watched. They didn't contact Epic games for this and no press release has been (yet at least) sent out.

Last Light was also sold on shops outside Steam. Since Steam was most expensive for Last Light, it's no surprise it sold less on Steam.
No EGS keys for Exodus were sold outside of physical copies and key resellers.

-Amon-

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That means nothing, they are two different games made years apart one from another's.

I would go on and call that intellectually dishonest.

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Press release says Epic store sales only, so operate on that unless we get other info throwing that off.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Also, how do they know how much Last Light sold on Steam? Does that Include keys bought on 3rd party sides? If not, the 2.5x is even less relevant then it was before, it's a joke.

Last edited:

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I think people are taking this the wrong way in thinking this implies EGS exclusivity was of benefit to the game (though it seems like that's what the devs are going for in their messaging). That's difficult to know, it may have sold even more on Steam. However it does show that exclusive games on EGS can be successful and that people are willing to use and buy off their store.

Oct 25, 2017
Of course they don't realise it, this is Era. If the real world looked anything like Era, Fortnite would be a failure and kids would be running around wearing Gravity Rush 2 t-shirts.

The Epic Game Store is doing well, I'm happy for the devs benefiting from that.

Remember that this is the community that thought the Vita TV was going to be a smash hit

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's really sad. F*ck these people supporting Epic's moneyhatting practices on pc.
It's interesting to see the attitude "I go where the games are" is a legit argument in the decision which console to buy but choosing a launcher/store application where the barrier is to install a client and make an account for PC games is not.

CobaltBlu

Nov 29, 2017
This looks like marketing and obfuscated numbers but I don't know why anyone should be surprised that a game with more marketing and hype sold better on launch than a much lower profile Last Light did.