• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think Metro Exodus's Metacritic Score will be?

• 93-100

Votes: 69 3.6%
  • 89-92

Votes: 423 22.2%
  • 85-88

Votes: 827 43.4%
  • 81-84

Votes: 454 23.8%
  • <80

Votes: 131 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
What kind of performance can I expect with a 1080 to at 3440x1440 6700k 16ram st ultra or better ?

Oct 27, 2017
In the days of battle royale this and co-op that. The fact that is SINGLE player, OFFline game can exist today can make me overlook the platform (Epic) it's on and any minor issues the game has. Every time I think of "retiring" from modern gaming to focus on backlogs and emulation, something like this comes out.
We've been pretty spoiled as far as well-reviewed and layered single player games in recent years, unfortunately they've had mixed sales depending.

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
I think I'm going to replay the previous games while I wait for this to hit Steam. Glad its getting solid reviews and hope it sells well too

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
I'm worrying for my 970 now. Hope it staggers through on some low settings. I'm sure locking it to 30 would solve most issues but... I kinda need 45-60 please? Don't fail me now ageing PC.

Reviews sound great though 👍

Jijidasu

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Not really one for following reviews but I always enjoy hearing what Karak has to say about big releases. I was going to pick this up anyway but now I'm even more ready for tomorrow.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
About the reception I've expected. ACG seems to really like it, praises voice acting and that's one of the things I was worried about the most.
Of course that was just me and I agree I think the reception is about what I expected. Many weren't fans it seems like of the voices or the cutscenes. But overall ya enjoyed them and the different pace.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping I can maybe squeeze out 1440/60 with a 1070

If not, I'll go for X since that version seems stellar

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
That lighting on ray tracing mode is next generational, hope they implement this in future games.

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
Valdega So first the level design is similar. But now it suddenly is the overall progression structure? Make up your mind.

Last Light had a mix of linear levels and open levels. Once you finished a level, you couldn't go back, hence the linear overall progression. Exodus is the same in terms of both level design and progression.

Anyway, this is all redundant now. The embargo has been lifted and Exodus has received an average score that's about the same as the last two games. I'm not surprised nor should you be. Believing that Exodus would have a significantly higher score than 2033 and Last Light didn't really have any basis in reason or logic, just optimism.

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
In the days of battle royale this and co-op that. The fact that is SINGLE player, OFFline game can exist today can make me overlook the platform (Epic) it's on and any minor issues the game has. Every time I think of "retiring" from modern gaming to focus on backlogs and emulation, something like this comes out.

There are plenty of single-player offline games, especially on PC. Resident Evil 2 remake came out about two weeks ago.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Last Light had a mix of linear levels and open levels. Once you finished a level, you couldn't go back, hence the linear overall progression. Exodus is the same in terms of both level design and progression.

Anyway, this is all redundant now. The embargo has been lifted and Exodus has received an average score that's about the same as the last two games. I'm not surprised nor should you be. Believing that Exodus would have a significantly higher score than 2033 and Last Light didn't really have any basis in reason or logic, just optimism.

Yeah because 80, 81 and 84 are average now. You are exactly what's is wrong with the gaming community.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018

80's isn't average.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
so when a game has DLSS support does that mean that there won't be any other AA setting in the game?...for example Metro Exodus has DLSS, will it also have for example TAA or SMAA?...if it does can you use both DLSS + TAA at the same time?

2) can I enable DLSS with my GTX 1070 card or does it require a 2000 series card?

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A fair number of games that are extremely highly regarded in the PC gaming scene score in the 80s. For example, the most beloved Hitman games tend to score in the low 80s. STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat scored 82 and 80 on MC respectively. STALKER is arguably the zenith of open world FPS design. It doesn't get better than STALKER. STALKER is what all these other games aspire to be within spitting distance of. Fallout: New Vegas hitting 84 instead of 85 is kind of infamous, but New Vegas is regarded as one of the greatest RPGs ever created in a lot of circles.

I think Metro is in a curious place because it's selling to a wider audience, particularly console gamers, but deep in its heart it's an Eastern European PC game.

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
Yeah because 80, 81 and 84 are average now. You are exactly what's is wrong with the gaming community.

I meant "average" in the mathematical sense. In other words, the Metacritic score.

Crikey, some people are really defensive about this game. For what it's worth, I played and enjoyed 2033 and Last Light. I intend to play Exodus when it comes out on Steam. I'm simply pointing out that there was no reason to expect this to be 4A's Witcher 3 and the average (i.e. Metacritic) scores demonstrate that.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
83 on Opencritic is not that bad, I'd say is a solid score.

I wait further down the line to get it though, so they can fix problems and it's cheaper.