• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think Metro Exodus's Metacritic Score will be?

• 93-100

Votes: 69 3.6%
  • 89-92

Votes: 423 22.2%
  • 85-88

Votes: 827 43.4%
  • 81-84

Votes: 454 23.8%
  • <80

Votes: 131 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
BTW just wanna say I love this game from everything I have played in my 15-20 hours of real play. Like stalker, Crysis, a bit of perfect dark and the better parts of far cry 2 in one.

With RTX on PC it looks generationally better than without it and the console versions. Yep.

Finally can flex my RTX card.

Oct 26, 2017
PC sounds like what the game was meant to be played on, which is a pleasant surprise. Excited to finally play something on my PC, it's been a while.
Metro games were always PC focused, just makes the epic games store slap in the face even stranger.

Anyway, i'm not really down for more of the same...the first game was a flawed gem, they showed alot of potential, but it seems they dont agree their games are flawed and just keep making them with the same issues.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
BTW just wanna say I love this game from everything I have played in my 15-20 hours of real play. Like stalker, Crysis, a bit of perfect dark and the better parts of far cry 2 in one.

With RTX on PC it looks generationally better than without it and the console versions. Yep.

If I don't have an RTX card, is it worth getting on One X vs PC? Really not interested in the Epic store.

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
Don't care about the reviews, this is a Metro game that's taking 2033 and Last Light to 11 and expanding it, can't wait to start playing on Friday.

RTX sounds great but I'll be playing without it, I just don't think the RTX performance/Money ratio is good right now on any of the cards, will wait for a second gen RTX card and it will be a good excuse to play the game again.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Are they a big departure from 2033 and Last Light? Because I felt they were fine in those. I also look at these games contextually, given the location and heritage of its creators, I'm not expecting Naughty Dog or Rockstar character depth & cinematography lol.
It's like that but they seem to drone on a lot longer at points. I dunno, I found it quite tiresome. Everything else is great, though.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Runs bad on premium consoles while not looking too hot, I can only imagine how it is on base consoles.

On top of that, story and characters are bad? What's left in the game then, good shooting?

Replaying 2033 a d Last Light Redux recently, the story and characters are whatever tbh, the combat and stealth are serviceable.

Reasons why Metro is one of my favorite fps are the immersion/realism, atmosphere and the worldbuilding. I hope Exodus still delivers in these front.

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
Don't they have Artyom narrating anymore during the loading screens?
I kinda liked that actually. That he doesn't have a voice during gameplay, i don't really care about. I like silent protagonists

Oct 26, 2017
The biggest issue so far seems to be the crashing. What the fuck man, sigh. If it's truly that bad and I get that shit, I'm gonna go back to Fallout 4 and wait until Metro is patched.

Is there not a day one patch?

midfalutin

Oct 25, 2017
I'll have a review up for Slant in a few days but re: voice acting/story, I was a little disappointed that the game doesn't continue to subtitle the dialogue if you, say, stop to use a workbench or something. Makes playing in Russian kind of iffy if you wanna catch everything, so I had to switch over to English to be safe (though in retrospect I think enough of the dialogue is there to just fill silence while they wait for you to take a zipline or something that it's probably safe to miss?).

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
A teaser:
uffvvjzt.png

Any comments on performance Pro/X version not sure which one to pick
Tom is on that!
How long until the video about RTX in this game? :O Performance impact actually seems okay, and it's probably the use of RTX that makes the most sense to me.

Also need to know if are you gonna find an excuse to say Wolfenstein in the video? xD
No excuses to say Wolf, lol, but I am happy with its performance for its visuals - that is a simple thing to say.
Finally can flex my RTX card.
Yep.
If I don't have an RTX card, is it worth getting on One X vs PC? Really not interested in the Epic store.
Eh, that is hard to say - I always recommend PC usually unless you have a really bad one.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
And how it would "impact the experience"?
That has no bearing on the game and has no place in a review for the game.

My review at The Outerhaven - 4.5/5.
https://www.theouterhaven.net/2019/02/review-metro-exodus-theres-only-metro-nothing-else/

I do address it in my review. Mainly my stance on the matter and also issues/problems presented by the EGS.

Mainly not being able to find and tweak the ini files. Which is a huge issue for me, as I game on a widescreen monitor. In the previous games I could access the ini and change the configs. Can't do it here. I've contacted Epic multiple times regarding the location and they wouldn't tell me.

Tell me again it doesn't impact the game

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The conflicting reports on performance on X is concerning. After how well Redux ran on both consoles I was hoping for a solid 30 here. At least that one interview says X runs great compared to the others so hopefully it's fine.

sheepysheep

Nov 19, 2018
My review at The Outerhaven - 4.5/5.
https://www.theouterhaven.net/2019/02/review-metro-exodus-theres-only-metro-nothing-else/

I do address it in my review. Mainly my stance on the matter and also issues/problems presented by the EGS.

Mainly not being able to find and tweak the ini files. Which is a huge issue for me, as I game on a widescreen monitor. In the previous games I could access the ini and change the configs. Can't do it here. I've contacted Epic multiple times regarding the location and they wouldn't tell me.

Thanks!

To be clear - I don't have a strong opinion on if game reviews should or should not address situations like this one. Was just curious on if any reviews chose to do so.

Morrowless

Oct 27, 2017
So do we know if we're still stuck with 2 or 3 weapons? I'm hoping the train means you get to store all the guns you find permanently there so you can build a collection.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I would disagree on them, I really enjoyed shooting and utilising all the guns in the game, they have a mean sound and generally do quite a lot of damage (headshot is always a kill) - you just do not have that much ammo being a metro game.
The animation is great too plus that motion blur

TheUnforgiven

Banned
Nov 23, 2018
A teaser:
uffvvjzt.png

Tom is on that!

No excuses to say Wolf, lol, but I am happy with its performance for its visuals - that is a simple thing to say.

Yep.

Eh, that is hard to say - I always recommend PC usually unless you have a really bad one.

For those of us who dont have the eye... Left is RTX and right is non RTX... right?

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
I would disagree on them, I really enjoyed shooting and utilising all the guns in the game, they have a mean sound and generally do quite a lot of damage (headshot is always a kill) - you just do not have that much ammo being a metro game.
It was an improvement over Last Light for sure, but I found it to be serviceable in the best of situations.

That said, toying around with the customization mechanics was something that made me appreciate the gunplay more.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
And how it would "impact the experience"?

Someone's already said they couldn't access the game's ini files. That prevented them from changing the resolution to their monitor's aspect ratio. I don't know if the launcher somehow locked those files down, but if it did, that's absolutely something that should be mentioned in a review. And if it's like other single-player games on Epic's store, you need to be connected to the internet every time you start the game. That's should also absolutely be mentioned.