• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think Metro Exodus's Metacritic Score will be?

• 93-100

Votes: 69 3.6%
  • 89-92

Votes: 423 22.2%
  • 85-88

Votes: 827 43.4%
  • 81-84

Votes: 454 23.8%
  • <80

Votes: 131 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lactatingduck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any reviewer that does this shit should be motherfucking fired, period. Same for those who put personal feelings and opinions ahead of the game itself. Shit like this is just bullshit and why you can't/shouldn't take reviews seriously. Hopefully though, no reviewer actually does this.
How does one review something without their personal opinions being part of that review?

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
My review is in Dutch, but I'll post the cliff's notes version here once the embargo is up. Curious to see what other reviewers think.

Any reviewer that does this shit should be motherfucking fired, period. Same for those who put personal feelings and opinions ahead of the game itself. Shit like this is just bullshit and why you can't/shouldn't take reviews seriously. Hopefully though, no reviewer actually does this.
I doubt anyone will have the store debacle influence their scores. But personal feelings and opinions? That's always going to have an influence. In the end, all reviews are subjective.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
My review is in Dutch, but I'll post the cliff's notes version here once the embargo is up. Curious to see what other reviewers think.

I doubt anyone will have the store debacle influence their scores. But personal feelings and opinions? That's always going to have an influence. In the end, all reviews are subjective.

What site/magazine do you work for, if I may ask?

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)

Nice, looking forward to reading your full review.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
"Personal feelings and opinions" is what a review is; your experiences, perspective, tastes color how you experience and feel about a game. Games don't exist in a vacuum.

Oct 26, 2017
Don't really care for scores, but i'd expect mixed thoughts. From the little bit of "leaked" gameplay i've seen it seems following npcs round very slowly is still a thing. That really isnt gonna fly in a 2019 game. Additionally the main draw of the game being immersion is gonna be hampered if the AI is not significantly improved from the past games. (If AI was bad in corridors, its probably gonna be worse in open world like hubs)

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
81-82.

The gameplay released a few weeks ago looked a little eh. The AI seems really weak. i suspect the open hub areas might not measure up to the linear parts.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
We awarded it a 6/10 on Push Square:

While Metro: Exodus delivers on its promise of deep and meaningful combat situations that let you approach encounters from any angle you can think of, its technical shortcomings are simply unforgivable. Combine that with a plot that doesn't answer its most intriguing questions and you've got an experience that will please at times, but will also disappoint those looking for something meaningful outside of the distribution of bullets.

https://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/metro_exodus

BT-787

Oct 26, 2017
Ours is up. Gadgets 360: 9/10.

Metro Exodus is a gorgeous post-apocalyptic spectacle set in a dangerous yet intriguing world. Barring its technical omissions on console, there's no reason to miss out on one of the more entertaining shooters in recent memory.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
another game that shit on console? How surprising. Anthem, division, now this. Give me PS5 already please

Pepin

Oct 27, 2017
London
4/5 from my review at Fandom

Love the game, and really happy with my review too!

This tentative conclusion to Artyom's story achieves that goal, and is probably one of the best book-to-game adaptations we've seen because of it. It's not afraid to have a voice, it's not afraid to be tough, it's not afraid to weave some artistic new ideas into a genre that's been crying out for innovation for a generation. Gameplay-wise, it's great. Production-wise, it has its issues. But narratively, this is a game composed with soul.

Fluctuating like a Geiger Counter between nihilism and utopianism, this game's muddy morality is a thing of beauty in the current climate and could be one of 2019's most important games as a result.