• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think Metro Exodus's Metacritic Score will be?

• 93-100

Votes: 69 3.6%
  • 89-92

Votes: 423 22.2%
  • 85-88

Votes: 827 43.4%
  • 81-84

Votes: 454 23.8%
  • <80

Votes: 131 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
I can't comprehend the idea of guessing metacritic scores to be "fun" in any way shape or form

Like you have to have a really, really boring life for that to be considered fun

Okay, but you are taking time out of your fascinating life to complain about something you have no interest in, so you are currently in last place at the fun olympics.

Oct 29, 2017
Has there been any improvements to the gunplay at all? The most frustrating parts of Metro 2033 were the areas where enemies are constantly attacking.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I just hope my review wont be completely out of the water. But I think reviews generally will be divisive. At least for the that reviewed these games since the start. Or maybe I am wrong... cant wait for tomorrow to find out.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Heart says 90, brain says 80.
Honestly don't give a shit either way. Love the metro series so it's a day 1 regardless

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Based on my own personal feelings about the first two games and the limited amount of gameplay I've seen from Exodus, I'm guessing low '80s. I'll meet halfway and say 83.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why people are going 90 or north. First two metro games were low 80s. Am I missing something?

Be happy to be wrong, Metro series art direction has always been incredible, it's just the gameplay that I've always felt was a bit lacking

People on this site care way more about pointless aggregate numbers than the actual content of reviews. It's not conducive to good discussion imo.

Well the thread is 3 pages and you have posted 3 times about it. Also, use caution - thread whining gets moderated.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope this is great on the X. Pro has been great to me lately but I want to play my other systems lol.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Hopefully a big breakthrough game for 4A so they can join the big boys and deliver more quality. Post-apocalypse games with a EE/Russian setting are the shit.

85+

I'm still waiting for 2020 though.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Fingers crossed, hope this is a big success for 4A. You can tell they've worked their assess off on it.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
81-84...read 2 hands on and one of the main issue that will come up is the low ammo loot,which doesnt work as well now since its a semi open world...you can easily run out...some points will be docked for that I am sure.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018

I love these games, but some aspects of them aren't 90+ MC material (to the critics)

From the trailers alone, I can already say that the voice acting is still really, really bad, just like the others before it.

Oct 26, 2017

I just watched some Gamespot videos. It seems it'anither downgrade :(
The E3 Reveal was clearly on another level

Are you sure? Have we seen the E3 environment again in newer footage? I only watched bits because I want to be surprised as much as possible.

They did say back then it was running on PC and that they would use the X hardware to its fullest.

Oct 25, 2017
86 to 88 would be my guess. The series has always felt like it was climbing uphill but Last Light was a big leap forward that I didn't think was fully appreciated at the time. Hard to say if Exodus' systems will hold up, but assuming they evolved much like Last Light did from 2033, I feel confident that 4A would place in the high 80s on average.

john2gr

Oct 27, 2017

I just watched some Gamespot videos. It seems it'anither downgrade :(
The E3 Reveal was clearly on another level

That scene (the snow and underground scenes) is featured early in the game and looks almost identical to it. There are some changes (for example the extreme head bobbing is not in the game) and there are some level differences (if you pause at 1:01 you'll see some mushrooms. These emit a warm color and are featured in later levels of the game and not in the initial level. As such, the lighting in that particular underground level does not look 1-1 identical to the one featured in the trailer) but - visually - everything you see (from the smoke/fire effects to the fur on the monsters) is in the game.

Last edited: