• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think Metro Exodus's Metacritic Score will be?

• 93-100

Votes: 69 3.6%
  • 89-92

Votes: 423 22.2%
  • 85-88

Votes: 827 43.4%
  • 81-84

Votes: 454 23.8%
  • <80

Votes: 131 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
90 is my prediction for Open Critic. Meta Critic could be a point higher/lower since some reviews weigh more than others or some such shit like that.

Deleted member 46922

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
90+ would be amazing but it seems like s pipe dream. I think it will get mid 80s.

I don't think that's a pipe dream at all.
I actually think that would be kind of accurate, if reviewers that don't like this kind of game keep their mouths shut or get a bit more objective.
I knew the worldbuilding, graphics, story and 'open world' implementation was great, but I read the gunplay seems to be great too, so that only leaves the AI and the bugs to be reviewed in a possible negative way.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
How are the previous games at a meta score of low 80s lol. And that too at a time when games used to review higher. If that's the bar then I am going to have a blast with this game if it gets anything above 80.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any reviewer incorporating the storefront controversy in their scoring should be blacklisted IMHO. That would be some irresponsible shit.

Any reviewer that does this shit should be motherfucking fired, period. Same for those who put personal feelings and opinions ahead of the game itself. Shit like this is just bullshit and why you can't/shouldn't take reviews seriously. Hopefully though, no reviewer actually does this.

The Gentleman

Oct 27, 2017
I've gone for the 85-88 bracket but hope it does better.

Really excited to play this and for it to do well. Games like this feel like a rarity these days.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Any reviewer that does this shit should be motherfucking fired, period. Same for those who put personal feelings and opinions ahead of the game itself. Shit like this is just bullshit and why you can't/shouldn't take reviews seriously. Hopefully though, no reviewer actually does this.

I'd dock it points -- well, a fraction of a point maybe -- for being a single-player game that requires an internet connection. I think that's something potential buyers should definitely know about, too.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
I've been playing for some time now. I'm expecting a positive reception for the game overall.
people who like atmospheric games, will like this game a lot, I guess.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I don't think that's a pipe dream at all.
I actually think that would be kind of accurate, if reviewers that don't like this kind of game keep their mouths shut or get a bit more objective.
I knew the worldbuilding, graphics, story and 'open world' implementation was great, but I read the gunplay seems to be great too, so that only leaves the AI and the bugs to be reviewed in a possible negative way.

Well to me this game will most likely be a 9. But I just imagine critics will rank it as more of an 8. The metro franchise has never reviewed amazingly.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting good scores. Game looks pretty fantastic

85+

Oct 26, 2017
2033 and Last Light had plenty of positive reviews but also some mixed ones, didn't it? I can see that being the case here too. I for one loved both games. LL a little more than 2033.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Sorry, this is going to sound really dumb, but I'm here to ask what the Metro series is all about. I actually have the collection on PS4 that I got from Best Buy for $10 years back, but never got around to trying it.

What is the series comparable to, and have the first two aged well? I've been on a horror game kick, and played through all the RE games with my GF watching or playing when co-op enabled. Are these fun games to watch? Scary, even? More like Fallout or linear?

I realize I can Goole this, but I prefer to hear it straight from fans. Thanks so much!

Also, I'll go ahead and guess 86%. :P

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
If you can't take reviews seriously because they have personal opinions in them then I don't think you understand the purpose of the reviews.

Regardless, you're certainly right that people shouldn't take reviews seriously and yet in the same post you ask for reviewers to be fired based on the content of their review and then also hope that the game doesn't get low scores, you're treating reviews as the most serious business.

Deleted member 15447

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hype checks, guess the metacritic scores, all seem like a stealth way to fanboy or troll a game.

I don't see the point of either.

Oct 29, 2017
User Warned: Thread Whining
People on this site care way more about pointless aggregate numbers than the actual content of reviews. It's not conducive to good discussion imo.

I can't comprehend the idea of guessing metacritic scores to be "fun" in any way shape or form

Like you have to have a really, really boring life for that to be considered fun

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
I can't comprehend the idea of guessing metacritic scores to be "fun" in any way shape or form

Like you have to have a really, really boring life for that to be considered fun
That blanket statement...Nah, my life is pretty damn good and very enjoyable. I like reading Metacritic threads. I see nothing wrong with that, just like I see nothing wrong with your opinion.

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting 85 range around 84-86.. And I'll wait until it comes back to Steam before purchase because I am not supporting an anti-consumer store like Epic GS.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
It's not doing much new or significantly different to the previous games so 80-85.

A prettier bigger version of Metro isn't gonna make for a 95.

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain

I just watched some Gamespot videos. It seems it's another downgrade :(
The E3 Reveal was clearly on another level

Last edited: