• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, thanks.
Do you also know the difference between the two RT settings?
Ultra is super heavy (unfortunately I tried the game for 5 minutes and I had to go, wonder of the no preload policy).

Ultra and High?
Well, if I have to guess: one is probably using less rays and is therefore faster. I haven't noticed any kind of difference so far, but don't take my word for it. only played for an hour.
Interpreting the "video is being exported" from Dictator The DF video seems to be going up today (?) Wait for that.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a question, does the Epic launcher have an fps counter that works across all their games like Steam does?

Deleted member 10847

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Going to play the game now, i will settle ith 4K 30 and play with a gamepad since DLSS has bad IQ and has the HDR bug. Since its not a fast paced game i think it will be fine at 30fps.

Also Offtopic question, in BFV 4K DLSS in Rotherdam i cannot get 60FPS stable so i use the 50HZ mode since i game on TV, is there any inconvinience usince 50HZ opposed to 60HZ or is basically just losing 10 fps? Talking about stutters or framepacing issues.

Shocchiz

Nov 7, 2017
Ultra and High?
Well, if I have to guess: one is probably using less rays and is therefore faster. I haven't noticed any kind of difference so far, but don't take my word for it. only played for an hour.
Interpreting the "video is being exported" from Dictator The DF video seems to be going up today (?) Wait for that.
I'm dying to see and read their analysis and interview with the developers.
I guess we don't have an ETA.
Dictator? Pretty please?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
You are able to make RTSS work with the game? Didn't work for me, so far.

Did you try changing detection level, stealh mode and on-screen display coordinate space stuff around some? Some games are hinky about hooks like RTSS, but often than not fiddling with those settings let it hook.

I don't have Exodus for reasons not to derail thread.

Edit: Also added games exe to application profile list?

Shocchiz

Nov 7, 2017
Also Offtopic question, in BFV 4K DLSS in Rotherdam i cannot get 60FPS stable so i use the 50HZ mode since i game on TV, is there any inconvinience usince 50HZ opposed to 60HZ or is basically just losing 10 fps? Talking about stutters or framepacing issues.
I did sometimes this too.
No particular problem (Samsung KS7000, 8000 in the US).

Deleted member 10847

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I works for me (top right of the screens I posted)
Did you try changing detection level, stealh mode and on-screen display coordinate space stuff around some? Some games are hinky about hooks like RTSS, but often than not fiddling with those settings let it hook.

I don't have Exodus for reasons not to derail thread.

Edit: Also added games exe to application profile list?

Hmm, I have give it another try it seems. Once I'm back from work.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
FYI the game uses 60º Vertical FOV, which in 16:9 is like 90º Horizontal FOV, pretty OK in my book.

In any case, you can change the FOV editing a file:

C:\Users\ (Your Name) \Saved Games\metro exodus\randomnumber\user.cfg

r_base_fov 60. - Change to desired FOV.

Remember to put a period at the end of the numbers and set the file to Read only.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Graphics settings:

Resolution: Self-explanatory
Quality: Low; Medium; High; Ultra; Extreme
Vsync: Off; Full; Half
Gamma: Self-explanatory
Motion blur: Low; Normal; High
DirectX: DX11/DX12

Nvidia RTX: Off/On
Ray tracing: Off; High; Ultra
DLSS: Off/On
HairWorks: Off/On
Advanced PhysX: Off/On
Tessellation: Off/On
Texture filtering: AF 4x/AF 16x
Shading rate: 0.4 -> 4.0 in increments of 0.1
Wait a moment is this right, are these all the graphical settings in the final game? That looks very.... barren. If we take away Nvidia exclusive thingies as well as stuff like Vsync / DX version / Texture Filtering / Gamma (many of these you can control outside of game), there is almost nothing we can change.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Wait a moment is this right, are these all the graphical settings in the final game? That looks very.... barren. If we take away Nvidia exclusive thingies as well as stuff like Vsync / DX version / Texture Filtering (many of these you can control outside of game), there are almost nothing we can change.

Yes. I'm not a reviewer. I pre-loaded the game, decrypted it, and made this thread.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
Wait a moment is this right, are these all the graphical settings in the final game? That looks very.... barren. If we take away Nvidia exclusive thingies as well as stuff like Vsync / DX version / Texture Filtering (many of these you can control outside of game), there are almost nothing we can change.

Yeah I'm pretty disappointing for the lack of essential Graphics Settings like window/fullscreen mode or a FOV slider. That can still be editable via cfg file but it is still disappointing having in mind that Metro Last Light already lacked some graphics settings which I expected to see here.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Ultra and High?
Yeah video is up today - hopefully the interviews as well with the developers talking how the RT works and what 4a engine is up to these days as well as how they view the future of rendering and such.
Should hopefully answer a lot of questions and make people wonder!

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is so disappointing for me as a 4K user. Usually I turn a few settings down a notch, such as shadows or volumetric lights so I can get 60FPS. Is it not possible to do any sort of customization like that in this game, not even by editing .ini/.cfg files?

tsef

Oct 28, 2017
I can't activate ray tracing despite having a 2070, even editing the cfg the option doesn't appear in the menu, and when I try to turn DLSS on it switches back to off immediatly. Anyone has the same problem ?

Deleted member 10847

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just started the game and im having such a weird bug, the game plays fine and then all of a suddend its like this:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/7185/HrYgln.png

It basically seems all rays are visible (playing with RTX on), they even move, this is not like a standard card artifacting and just affected one area at the time, i could see the rays from the previous room and that room was not afected.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah video is up today - hopefully the interviews as well with the developers talking how the RT works and what 4a engine is up to these days as well as how they view the future of rendering and such.
Should hopefully answer a lot of questions and make people wonder!

Thumbs Up

I was under the impression the interview (not viewS) would be part of the metro video.
More interesting stuff to watch. Fine with me :)
Thinking about it, did you interview them face to face during a press event?

Shocchiz

Nov 7, 2017
Are the developer aware of the HDR + DLSS bug?
It's extremely annoying.

I'll also add physx implementation is very basic and NOT hardware accelerated, as the previous one. It definitely is a step down.
How do I know? I dedicated a 1050 to physx, and it stays off while gaming, while it was utilised in the previous chapters (and other physx games too. Batman AK was the best).
That's truly underwelming.

Deleted member 10847

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, everything maxed out at 4K without DLSS cant reach 30fps 100% of the time with a 2080ti, had many drops to high 20s during the initial part.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
is this for real? a 1070 can't even sustain ultra at 30 frames rock solid in full-hd with physix and hairworks off?

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Some review mentioned that the benchmark is excessively heavy and doesn't really show how the game really performs, keep that in mind.
This has kind of been a thing with Metro benchmarks of old too. They're more of a torture test than an attempt to give you a representative slice of the game. Still somewhat useful if you're trying to target a rock solid framerate, but worth bearing in mind.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Not true, I have a 1070 and I can play at MAXIMUM with Hairworks and Physx at steady 30 FPS. Hell, even I have x2.0 Shader Rate.
thanks.
have you try ultra at 60 frames? maybe with something toned down a little? does hairworks off improve noticeably the performance? thanks in advance.

i really don't want to play at 30 fps on pc...

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
game is running surprisingly well at 1440p with a GTX 1070...DX12, everything on Ultra and Hairworks, Advanced PhysX etc turned On...I'm still in the very early tunnel area but steady 50's into 60's fps...the in-game Gamma setting is weird...the image it shows you to set your gamma doesn't seem correct...I put my Gamma at 0 according to that image but in-game it was pitch black...still trying to find a good balance in terms of dark and light

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
Are there any signification image degradation?
Nope, and it gives around a 9 percent increase in framerate. Also, the benchmark used in the game is very inaccurate to the actual FPS you will get in the game. So much so that it's pretty pointless. For example you may get mid 30's in the benchmark and the actual game will average around 55-60 fps.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I tried Ultra and it's between 45-60 FPS i think. But I like to give Metro series IQ priority over 60 FPS. So i'm comfortable playing at 30 FPS with everything to the max (except RTX, obviously).
thanks.
i usually play all games at 60 fps on pc, but now i have a new shiny oled4k tv so with some slow methodical titles i give a try with 4k30 fps, maybe i can try with metro too.

(sorry for my english)