• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Glad the fix is out, interested to get home and check things out. Have been busy so haven't played in a bit.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Did I hear correctly that the consoles are getting a hotfix for the controls tomorrow?
Glad to see this is being sorted, I'm going to pick it up.

Can anyone clarify what Euro jank is, like why specifically Euro??? Is there something relating to European games that isn't in us/Asian made games that I don't understand??
I'm being half serious...

Bi50N

Deep Silver
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
London
There are some universal improvements to the controls, and we also added a 3rd Sensitivity preset - if you're mid-game you will need to manually select this from Options > Controller > Sensitivity. We also addressed some bugs / issues, but are limited by what we can do with a 'Hotfix' - some more substantial improvements are coming in the Patch.

Also worth mentioning - we were able to fix the Gamertag overlay issue when using Photomode with the Hotfix

Apologies to those who fired specific 'has x been fixed?' q's at me since my last post, I'm not able to respond to individual cases as I don't have all the info to hand and I don't want to promise something until the Patch has cleared QA, but if you have reported an issue via the Tech Support ticket system it has been seen and logged by 4A (even if you got a generic reply). The upcoming Patch will come with detailed notes showing what was fixed.

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
The responsiveness is definitely way better, but the max sensitivity is still way too low.

Edit: 15 minutes in and it fucking crashes. JFC

Last edited:

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
After have fully finishing the game and thinking about it for a few days, I'm pretty disappointed with it overall. I've a lot of issues and not too sure what way to convey them, so I'll do it via bulletpoints.

• For s story heavy game, there really isn't that much of an overarching narrative apart from you are looking for a new home. And that is paper thin at best.
  • A lot of the time it feels like you're doing fetch quests and nothing more.
  • They got away with it in the first two games, but the silent protagonist again is absolutely awful from start to finish. It constantly ruins moments in the game that has something going for them. It never feels like you're having a proper conversation with someone, or that you're interacting with the world. You're constantly reminded that you are some silent nobody that will do anything upon request.
  • The relationship between Artyom and Anna feels nonexistent. They try numerous times to have emotional scenes but they fall to pieces with our character barely reacts to anything.
  • I'm not a fan of the larger levels and having to traverse the land. It becomes even more annoying in the second area in the desert, despite having a car too.
  • Enemy AI is really wonky. Sometimes they can literally see through multiple walls and kill you. While other times you can walk right by them without an issue. Really can take you out of the game.
  • The best part of the game is the final mission/area, and it really lives up to it for sure. I wanted more of that.
All in all, it's pretty disappointing alone from a story standpoint and I feel like its wasted potential.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
There are some universal improvements to the controls, and we also added a 3rd Sensitivity preset - if you're mid-game you will need to manually select this from Options > Controller > Sensitivity. We also addressed some bugs / issues, but are limited by what we can do with a 'Hotfix' - some more substantial improvements are coming in the Patch.

giphy.gif

Oct 26, 2017
UK
After have fully finishing the game and thinking about it for a few days, I'm pretty disappointed with it overall. I've a lot of issues and not too sure what way to convey them, so I'll do it via bulletpoints.

• For s story heavy game, there really isn't that much of an overarching narrative apart from you are looking for a new home. And that is paper thin at best.
  • A lot of the time it feels like you're doing fetch quests and nothing more.
  • They got away with it in the first two games, but the silent protagonist again is absolutely awful from start to finish. It constantly ruins moments in the game that has something going for them. It never feels like you're having a proper conversation with someone, or that you're interacting with the world. You're constantly reminded that you are some silent nobody that will do anything upon request.
  • The relationship between Artyom and Anna feels nonexistent. They try numerous times to have emotional scenes but they fall to pieces with our character barely reacts to anything.
  • I'm not a fan of the larger levels and having to traverse the land. It becomes even more annoying in the second area in the desert, despite having a car too.
  • Enemy AI is really wonky. Sometimes they can literally see through multiple walls and kill you. While other times you can walk right by them without an issue. Really can take you out of the game.
  • The best part of the game is the final mission/area, and it really lives up to it for sure. I wanted more of that.
All in all, it's pretty disappointing alone from a story standpoint and I feel like its wasted potential.

Couldn't disagree more.

Aside from the point about the silent protagonist

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finished it last night and this being my first Metro game I have some thoughts...

This game excels at building an atmosphere. In that era the game is sublime. However, the hand holding felt very claustrophobic. The way NPC's would box you in and force you to play out unskippable cut scenes really holds this game back. I'd recommend it to anyone. It's a sold single player experience. But personally, by the time I was half way through I came to despise having cut scenes with the Kernel.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan

Great video Dictator
I played through on my system with Ultra, all other settings on highest + RTX High @ 3072x1728 switching to 2957x1633 in intense scenes when it dropped below 60 and was able to get a locked 60fps almost the whole time. I played before DLSS was improved, I think DLSS looks better than these resolutions now. But HDR is broke with DLSS on so I am waiting for them to fix that before I do my second playthrough with DLSS on.

specs: 2080ti +150 core, +800 Memory
16GB DDR4 3200cl14
2700x 4.2 all cores

WillyBubba

Oct 31, 2017
Whelp. Can't load up my save anymore (end of Taiga). My One X shuts down as soon as the X appears on screen, only to boot up and warn me about overheating.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Is the Dolby Atmos Option premixed in the game (like overwatch) or do I still have to activate Dolby Atmos for headphones in settings? Don't want double mixing to happen

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017

Also worth mentioning - we were able to fix the Gamertag overlay issue when using Photomode with the Hotfix

Apologies to those who fired specific 'has x been fixed?' q's at me since my last post, I'm not able to respond to individual cases as I don't have all the info to hand and I don't want to promise something until the Patch has cleared QA, but if you have reported an issue via the Tech Support ticket system it has been seen and logged by 4A (even if you got a generic reply). The upcoming Patch will come with detailed notes showing what was fixed.
Thanks to you guys for addressing this and for putting out such a great game! Excited to jump back in.

GasPanic!

Oct 28, 2017
Wow the game tanks my framerate quite a lot in the beginning of the desert. Had to set the resolution scaler from 1.3 to 1.0 at 1080p but it still persists.
Hope it's getting better later on.
Also this area seems a bit out of place. Visually it looks great but I don't feel the Metro vibe and the enemies are kind of meh.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so impressed by this game.
Just finished Taiga and it was great, but the next level i got to is just incredible.
Exodus easily is one of the most atmospheric games ever made so far.

OverHeatQc

Nov 5, 2018
My second time through the campaign is awesome something just click the second time around my game of the year so far

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
This game just doesn't feel as creepy or have as much atmosphere as the other two games. I feel pretty safe all the time and it's missing that sense of existential horror the other games, especially 2033, nailed. Something like being on the surface fet extremet alien and hostile and in exodus it feels pretty pedestrian. I think the "twist" at the beginning of the game kind of takes a lot of wind out of the narrative's sails too.

Also, the mutants are fucking lame as hell. Does this game just completely forgo the supernatural aspects of the last 2?

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Aiming feels much snappier but I wish there was an explanation of what the different presets are.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
In the meantime I decided to finish up my Last Light replay

Got to a section where Khan is talking for like fifteen minutes, took a wrong turn and fell to my death, and there was no checkpoint through his entire monologue so I now have to restart the whole level. I decided to forget about replaying LL and go right into Exodus lol

Those original two games really are equally busted and brilliant

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
So as someone that has never played a game in this series should I start from the beginning or skip to Exodus?

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So as someone that has never played a game in this series should I start from the beginning or skip to Exodus?
I'd recommend playing the other two before Exodus, just so you understand the world, story and characters better.

2033 and Last Light are both good, and they're not terribly long games either.