• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
UK
Man the
anti-electricity cult/radioactive cat fish plot line in Volga was great (and unintentionally hilarious).
The lair was seriously creepy with mutants and leviathans roaming around.

Onto the next location anyway, hope leaving at least half the ''?''' doesn't bite me back for not collecting resources.

Some of the ? Are super cool and well worth exploring. They nearly always have some worthwhile loot and a few are really cool works building locations. Specifically one little island in volga was particularly cool to check out.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Some of the ? Are super cool and well worth exploring. They nearly always have some worthwhile loot and a few are really cool works building locations. Specifically one little island in volga was particularly cool to check out.

Yeah someone said that a couple pages back.
I'm gonna try explore more in whatever the next area is because I love the environmental story telling.

I'm just crap at resource management >.<
Do you visit every single location generally?

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Yeah someone said that a couple pages back.
I'm gonna try explore more in whatever the next area is because I love the environmental story telling.

I'm just crap at resource management >.<
Do you visit every single location generally?

I do but that's because I'm a bit OCD about that sort of thing. Some are just like monster nest type stuff but some are a lot cooler. All of them have some sort of loot though!

But yeah I generally try and get to a high location on the map. Pull out the binoculars and just start scanning the horizon trying to get all the points of interested marked on the map.

Deleted member 49319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 4, 2018
D0ZNsgRWkAA7_kJ.jpg

D0ZaCEVXcAA2YOa.jpg

D0ZjVcAX4AAjNF8.jpg

D0Z7rtFWwAAmarg.jpg

D0Z78cqWsAAAmXs.jpg
D0Z8GXWXgAAno9Y.jpg

Volga is probably my new fav game level.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I did play that at night. I was pretty sure I got everyone outside. Don't remember the motion scanner picking up anything either. Oh well.

It was up a path behind a house. It's so far from the main circle of houses that you'd think it wasn't part of the camp area. I ran around blasting a shotgun in the air trying to get enemy attention and still nothing. Then I went up the path, dodging a trip wire, and knocked out two guys overlooking a cliff. I go back to the house and the prompt appeared. I was pissed and relieved at the same time, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Also, my log says to return to base but its back at the lighthouse where I just finished two quests there.
(defend guil chick and comm center)
Even Anna says to go back to base.

Oct 27, 2017
You have to return to the Aurora for the next mission, and if you didn't already:

this is a good time to attack the crane if you want a scope x6, Anna will take care of the sniper for you

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
You have to return to the Aurora for the next mission, and if you didn't already:

this is a good time to attack the crane if you want a scope x6, Anna will take care of the sniper for you

I actually don't really have a sniper. Been using the thikar (spelling).. It be nice to have more distance though. I did unlock the bolt rifle, shambler, and bulldog. Maybe something else. But no attachments for the pressurized bb gun.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
This game really is growing on me. Metro Exodus shines whenever you are about to explore a new location, it's a truly immersive game.

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
Absolute trash game design — taking resources from the player, that they've earned legitimately through gameplay in between missions is a dirty fucking move. I don't care what the reasoning is, or how it's explained in game, it's bullshit.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Absolute trash game design — taking resources from the player, that they've earned legitimately through gameplay in between missions is a dirty fucking move. I don't care what the reasoning is, or how it's explained in game, it's bullshit.
like most games, you get these things back - if you are talking about what I think you are talking about it is actually about introducing you to a new weapon in general - all your gear is still there, just the not the guns themselves (attachments are still there).

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I have a question about a certain location north on the Caspian map. Hopefully someone can answer without to many spoilers.

I'm visiting all the question mark locations. Way up north on the left side I found some kind of deserted bandit camp with some geysers in the middle. Seems like there is a cave in the back, but I can't enter. Do I return there later in the story? Same goes for the lookout towers further up north. If I come close I get get bombared with all kinds of explosives and immediately die. I tried sneaking in several times, but it seems I'm not supposed to go there yet? My main objective is to go to the lighthouse.

Thanks in advance.

Stormus

Banned
Dec 28, 2017
I feel like this game is a missed opportunity. It is a good game, but could have been excellent. I'll voice a more elaborate opinion once I've completed it.
SPOILER: I just encountered the bear in the graveyard and fought him off. About how much time left until the end?

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
like most games, you get these things back - if you are talking about what I think you are talking about it is actually about introducing you to a new weapon in general - all your gear is still there, just the not the guns themselves (attachments are still there).
No, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm speaking of in between missions, the game takes your supplies (metal and liquid, the two main crafting resources you use to make everything from bullets to medpacks) in what I'm assuming is an attempt to not let you stockpile too many resources. It's not a glitch, either.

First time it happens, I think it's after The Volga, the game has a quick pop up that's easy to miss that says "some of your supplies have been used to maintain the Aurora and it's crew", which is the laziest bullshit explanation ever.

After that, it happened after Caspian as well, but this time there was no warning, I just lost about 200 metal and water each.

No joke.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like this game is a missed opportunity. It is a good game, but could have been excellent. I'll voice a more elaborate opinion once I've completed it.
SPOILER: I just encountered the bear in the graveyard and fought him off. About how much time left until the end?

4 hours more or less.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
What? Taking 1/2 of the resources you've painstakingly scavenged over HOURS OF PLAY in a level is a "mild annoyance"? C'mon man. It's poor form. Why even bother scavenging if they take away your shit at the end of the level?

Well I find supplies going to the Aurora perfectly reasonable. Time is passing between zones, of course stuff is going to get used up.

I just don't see it as an issue, there is loads of stuff to scavenge in the first two areas. I've never been short of stuff and evidently neither have you if you had so much stored up. It also encourages exploration. Really a non issue in my opinion.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
What? Taking 1/2 of the resources you've painstakingly scavenged over HOURS OF PLAY in a level is a "mild annoyance"? C'mon man. It's poor form. Why even bother scavenging if they take away your shit at the end of the level?

It might be possible they've tested keeping the resources, but found out players where stacking lots of them, even on the hardcore difficulties? That would pretty much take away the need to explore and be resourceful. With that said: with that many resources, you seem to manage fine.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Does it take anyone else 2 minutes to "change graphics settings" on PC? I have it on a SSD but if i go from Ultra to High for example it literally takes 2 minutes to load and then I press "No i dont want to keep these settings" it takes another 2 minutes. What the hell is it doing? It took me less time to load up the game and start playing from the desktop.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely never even realised it took resources off of you between chapters. Always felt like I had just or even more than enough of what I needed.

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
This is the strangest thing, and maybe the most idiotic, on my part, but I can't buy the damn game for the PC. I go to Metrothegame.com, put in my purchase info for the standard, digital PC version, and get this message when I try to confirm the purchase:

"Please make purchase in your own country, if this is wrong for you, please contact admin for help."

I'm purchasing from the US, my credit card is US-based, and I set the region in the purchase options as "United States." What the hell?

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question about a certain location north on the Caspian map. Hopefully someone can answer without to many spoilers.

I'm visiting all the question mark locations. Way up north on the left side I found some kind of deserted bandit camp with some geysers in the middle. Seems like there is a cave in the back, but I can't enter. Do I return there later in the story? Same goes for the lookout towers further up north. If I come close I get get bombared with all kinds of explosives and immediately die. I tried sneaking in several times, but it seems I'm not supposed to go there yet? My main objective is to go to the lighthouse.

Thanks in advance.

I tried to do the same as well but don't worry, just keep doing the main missions.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017

I noticed it too. I agree, it's fucked up. What is the point in having it be for a story reason and yet the only heads up you get is a pop up? At least have a character ask you for them and include a bit of dialog about it or something.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I wonder if it makes any difference if you use all our resources before that and don't have any left for the game to steal anyway? It makes exploration even less satisfying because 98% of the loot you find is just generic resources used to uprade/clean your gear. There are so many baffling issues/decisions in this game.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had over 1200 of resources for both materials and after finishing up the spring season, I looked and noticed I only had around 400. Due to the previous scene, I thought it had something to do with that but maybe not. Either way, I end up with so much, im shocked there's not an inventory limit. LOL.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017

I was fine with this, as it shook things up. Also, holy balls does that river / forest area look great the moment you get control of Artyum. This game has flaws but it's one of my favorite FPS's this gen.

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
I wonder if it makes any difference if you use all our resources before that and don't have any left for the game to steal anyway? It makes exploration even less satisfying because 98% of the loot you find is just generic resources used to uprade/clean your gear. There are so many baffling issues/decisions in this game.
I'm sure if you crafted 10 medpacks you'd be able to keep them, that's the messed up part. The game just takes your stuff without any warning. Seriously, I don't see how any logical human being could defend this, it's inane. But whatever, I still like the game.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
So I just got the heavy stock and when using it on the bulldog...it GREATLY helps the stability but there's one major issue with it I haven't noticed any other weapons having.

When you use this stock specifically on the bulldog you can't bloody see your bracer item (compass, metal detector, motion sensor, etc)! It's really really annoying and makes me not want to use that stock because of it, it's because Artoym holds it and instead of seeing the underside of his wrist you see the side, and while you should technically see that attachment even easier because of this, what they did is "turn" the bracer so you can see the watch part still, which makes you unable to see your selected attachment for it.

However if you use this same stock on say, the shambler, you can still see your bracer attachment, which makes it even more baffling.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
So I just got the heavy stock and when using it on the bulldog...it GREATLY helps the stability but there's one major issue with it I haven't noticed any other weapons having.

When you use this stock specifically on the bulldog you can't bloody see your bracer item (compass, metal detector, motion sensor, etc)! It's really really annoying and makes me not want to use that stock because of it, it's because Artoym holds it and instead of seeing the underside of his wrist you see the side, and while you should technically see that attachment even easier because of this, what they did is "turn" the bracer so you can see the watch part still, which makes you unable to see your selected attachment for it.

However if you use this same stock on say, the shambler, you can still see your bracer attachment, which makes it even more baffling.

I noticed that too. No biggie for me. D-pad right (on consoles) makes your watch visible again.

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
I have been playing this game slowly for a few days now, it's ok so far but I must say there are 2 things that's really bringing down the experience for me.

1. The open world is not done good enough. There isn't anything interesting to explore for and it takes ages to go around especially with enemies everywhere that makes you waste your ammo and if you run he gets tired super quick.

2. The stealth is terrible in this game like it was in metro 2033. Enemies have Superman's super hearing. I mean come on I just vault over something they get in suspicious mode and they see you if a light hits you for a less then a second. It's poorly made, I don't remember having problems in metro last light but I do remember it sucked in 2033 but before they didn't require you to play stealth to get the good ending. The shitty stealth is almost making me play it normally then see the good ending on YouTube.

Other then these issues there is a good game underneath

Bonus: The sound design in this game is garbage, one of the worst I have seen from a AAA game. The gun sounds are super loud while everything else is low volume and the sound effects are generic as hell found free online because I'm sure I have heard the melee attack somewhere before.

Sorry I'm venting here but I just had a really terrible stealth experience in chapter 4 open world

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I have been playing this game slowly for a few days now, it's ok so far but I must say there are 2 things that's really bringing down the experience for me.

1. The open world is not done good enough. There isn't anything interesting to explore for and it takes ages to go around especially with enemies everywhere that makes you waste your ammo and if you run he gets tired super quick.

2. The stealth is terrible in this game like it was in metro 2033. Enemies have Superman's super hearing. I mean come on I just vault over something they get in suspicious mode and they see you if a light hits you for a less then a second. It's poorly made, I don't remember having problems in metro last light but I do remember it sucked in 2033 but before they didn't require you to play stealth to get the good ending. The shitty stealth is almost making me play it normally then see the good ending on YouTube.

Other then these issues there is a good game underneath

Bonus: The sound design in this game is garbage, one of the worst I have seen from a AAA game. The gun sounds are super loud while everything else is low volume and the sound effects are generic as hell found free online because I'm sure I have heard the melee attack somewhere before.

Sorry I'm venting here but I just had a really terrible stealth experience in chapter 4 open world

Stealth is hell of broken, gave up half way... I'm curious about the DLC but not sure if I'm buying it.. there's still no info about it right?

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
Stealth is hell of broken, gave up half way... I'm curious about the DLC but not sure if I'm buying it.. there's still no info about it right?
good now i know I'm not the only one suffering from being forced to play stealth to get the good ending. no nothing about dlc so far but i think they should focus on fixing their game before releasing any dlc on a broken game

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Stealth is never gonna get fixed I'm afraid has been like this since Metro 2033 lol

What is wrong with steath in 2033/LL exactly? I finished both for the second time last month and stealth is awesome. You can use knives and takedowns, you can flip and shoot out lights so the enemy can't see you, you can use silencers and make headshouts. You can get throught most human encounters without being noticed. Not sure what the problem is.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
You don't have to play stealthy to get the good ending? Go in guns blazing and shoot every bandit you find. Just don't kill innocent or defenseless people..

Bi50N

Deep Silver
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
London
Beaten to it but - in addition to addressing bugs etc. we've been looking at the reported control issues on console as priority. This thread has been really helpful to us, so I wanted to say thanks for all the feedback (good and bad). The link in the tweet above explains how / when we hope to address via an upcoming hotfix and patch.

badnewsbeers

Dec 10, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Beaten to it but - in addition to addressing bugs etc. we've been looking at the reported control issues on console as priority. This thread has been really helpful to us, so I wanted to say thanks for all the feedback (good and bad). The link in the tweet above explains how / when we hope to address via an upcoming hotfix and patch.

Right on. I'm not going to stop and wait, but I'm happy you guys are taking action for the guys who pick it up later at least.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Are there any plans to Address the DLSS+HDR bug on PC? HDR doesn't work with DLSS on, works fine without it on. I submitted a ticket with diag and screenshots but just got a stock response back with out any thing related to the actual issue.

Oct 26, 2017
got to the first area, the one of the bridsge and church.

trying my best to not kill humans, had to kill one because I forgot I could throw a garbage can

but I really love it, that if you incapacitate a bunch of guys from a group the others might surrender.

its the small things that make me love these games.

also, jesus christ, that mutated whale that ate your row boat.

NO
NO NO

NO

this game makes me fear water areas above all else.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
got to the first area, the one of the bridsge and church.

trying my best to not kill humans, had to kill one because I forgot I could throw a garbage can

but I really love it, that if you incapacitate a bunch of guys from a group the others might surrender.

its the small things that make me love these games.

also, jesus christ, that mutated whale that ate your row boat.

NO
NO NO

NO

this game makes me fear water areas above all else.

Go back and replay that part. Killing a fanatic in the church has a very high chance of costing you later.