• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
The aiming feel on PS4 is genuinely terrible and exacerbates what's already an inconsistent and shoddy overall presentation. I swear there are like these random spikes and dips in acceleration and reticle magnetism that make it impossible to reliably make aiming adjustments. I saw people comparing it to Killzone 2, but that game was at least smooth and consistent in it's "weighty" feel. This game just feels....woof

Oct 26, 2017
after playing 3 games in the series and the build up to finding what that habitable area of the world is im disappointed that we didn't actually get to see it or the crew radio back to Moscow but instead spend the last level of the game wondering through another dead city and a smaller subway system. does anyone else feel that way? i expected more
I felt like the game just kind of trailed off, it's not that I didn't like the last mission it's just I felt it was a very muted end. The concept of swapping between decent sized open areas and smaller narrative driven sections like the cannibals in the bunker is actually pretty cool, but after the desert the game becomes much more linear as the valley section is really quite restrictive. I get the feeling it was almost rushed out the door and we'll probably see a more complete experience with the DLC

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
I noticed on twitter today that both 4A and the metro account have mentioned that a patch is in the works! So that's good

Can't come soon enough - I'm really liking the game, but I've had the game freeze 4-5 times already on X1X and I've only just cleared the first open area. Wouldn't be so horrible if it weren't for the very long initial load time; kind of kills momentum and immersion.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I beat it earlier today and absolutely loved my time with it overall, but I have to say I'm disappointed that

we didn't...see more of the Dark Ones? They were a major story beat in the first two games and didn't even get mentioned this time. Maybe I missed it, did they go with the 'destroyed the Dark Ones' ending in LL as canon?

mercenar1e

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I beat it earlier today and absolutely loved my time with it overall, but I have to say I'm disappointed that

we didn't...see more of the Dark Ones? They were a major story beat in the first two games and didn't even get mentioned this time. Maybe I missed it, did they go with the 'destroyed the Dark Ones' ending in LL as canon?

You didn't see it?

One can be seen looking at you from a rooftop in the last mission

littleworm

Oct 25, 2017
Without spoiling too much, I just got the
maps from the base under the lighthouse.
How much more game is there to go?

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
I hope that the patch fixes the loading on PS4. Sometimes it just sits on 12 (percent?) forever and it seems that pushing buttons or the PS button is the only way to get it going again. The drive hardly sounds like it's working at all. I'd much prefer a long load with an accurate loading counter than a long one that stops and then suddenly skips ahead.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan

For the most part. In Last Light they
assumed you nuked them too in 2033.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I hope that the patch fixes the loading on PS4. Sometimes it just sits on 12 (percent?) forever and it seems that pushing buttons or the PS button is the only way to get it going again. The drive hardly sounds like it's working at all. I'd much prefer a long load with an accurate loading counter than a long one that stops and then suddenly skips ahead.
Hoping the patch fixes my PS4 Pro 4K input lag issue. Been playing it on 1080 just so I can play without the delay.

is a patch announced? they are really quiet on that front...would be nice to hear something from them about a patch, game is in need of bugfixes for sure.

i´ve halted my playthrough after the game crashed when crafting some supplies and lost my savefile on restart...won´t bother anymore at the moment without a major
patch.

for the load times: they are ridiculous without SSD, i´ve had it installed on the regular PS4Pro HDD and immediately threw it on my SSD after experiencing those horrible load times...

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom

Getting the same thing on my OG PS4, thought it had frozen the game but then after ages it carried on loading.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Reached Caspian, the level before that was pretty enjoyable.
Yeah it was a nice change of pace. I'm really really loving my time with it, and I'm taking my time too... almost 12 hours in but enjoying the ride and taking it slowly. The character work they've done is head and shoulders above what was there in 2033 and Last Light, and even though the plot is a little loose I'm way more invested overall due to the cast of characters.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got to play some more. Just made it to Volga, I enjoyed the intro although it was very walk and talk. Really enjoying Volga so far, it's opened up a lot and although I'm being directed around the environment there is still that sense of exploration and discovery.

And graphically on PS4 it's just phenomenal, the amazing atmosphere from the previous games is intact, I love roaming the overworld and coming across dark dank tunnels and buildings to explore. Getting serious stalker vibes at times, there is even an anomaly floating around.

Must admit I'm playing on easy, the slightly wonky aiming makes it tricky to headshot quickly so on those occasions where I have to fight a few mutants at once I tend to spam ammo a bit as I can't land the shots perfectly. Can't imagine how irritating it would be on harder difficulty levels.

Anyway, really enjoying it.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Question, how do you tell when you're on the last step before going to the next area? I want to make sure to collect everything before I go to the next section (the wide linear map areas like Volga).

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
after playing 3 games in the series and the build up to finding what that habitable area of the world is im disappointed that we didn't actually get to see it or the crew radio back to Moscow but instead spend the last level of the game wondering through another dead city and a smaller subway system. does anyone else feel that way? i expected more
It felt like the end of a 2nd Act, kinda left me shocked when the credits rolled.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Psychic guards are annoying me. I expect them to be on alert if they see a knocked out colleague; I don't expect them to start firing at the full-height wall that is between them and me.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
I'm playing a pacifist and yet sometimes the game forces me in to a gunfight, the desert area in what I believe is the end of the level.

you meeting the baron inside his compound and than you and Giul are fighting his soldiers. I'm I supposed to kill them or wait until she kills them, if possible?

What should I do?

youngsylt

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Startet Last Night on ps4 pro and the Game Looks phenomenal in 4K HDR. Seriously blown away. Made it to Volga and the feeling is a lot like Stalker, cant wait to Play more.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Metro series really nails that sense of adventure, they're basically post apocalyptic road trips.

Kind of wish they had toned down the number of enemies, it makes exploring and going after side missions hard

Oct 25, 2017
Just did the archives section. I'm loving this game. Taking my time walking through the desert checking out hotspots I marked with the binoculars.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apart from the default controller sensitivity being trash and the too long load times, I really enjoyed this game. My favourite out of the three.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

Last Light
if they went with the "bad ending" Artyom and the rest of the Spartans except for Anna would be dead too. Plus as Anna tells it, the Dark Ones survived and left anyway.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
I put a couple of days into this and I am very pleased with it. Other than encountering random 5 minute long loading screens there have been no other issues.

Oct 29, 2017
Glitched out!?
So this is the ship thats kind of in the middle of the 3 main points of interest on the map at the southern end of the coast. I went through the ship and killed all the slaver dudes Rambo style, got to the end where there is a big armored guy who I died at a few times because you have almost no time to react before he mows you down. Anyway, I killed him and there seems like there should be somehting else to do here but I cannot find it. I dug around and tried flipping all the power switches, some seemed to do nothing and others just shut lights off. There is a switch that opens some cages but nothing really happens. I can see other slaves in cages down below but you cant jump down there or you just die instantly. Did I glitch something? Other than looting the corpses of the slavers, there doesnt seem to be anything to collect or do here but it seems like there should be. In the final area where the armored guy is, theres some dead bodies already on the floor and there is what appears to be a unique NPC dead on a couch in the kitchen area.

Kevin Shields

Oct 27, 2017
The aiming feel on PS4 is genuinely terrible and exacerbates what's already an inconsistent and shoddy overall presentation. I swear there are like these random spikes and dips in acceleration and reticle magnetism that make it impossible to reliably make aiming adjustments. I saw people comparing it to Killzone 2, but that game was at least smooth and consistent in it's "weighty" feel. This game just feels....woof

Is this a consistent criticism. Is the gunlplay a little wonky? I thought it was fine in the first two games