• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
RE2 is way less linear than Metro Exodus. Also the first hour of Exodus is straight up on-rail and I didn't see it performing any better.

Try again, maybe this time without acting like you played it when you totally didn't.

What a load of bullcrap. RE2 is literally the opposite of linear, it's in fact less linear than most open world games when it comes to main story. How about you play the game first?

The first zone of Exodus alone is bigger and more open than the entire RE2, wth are you talking about?

Deleted member 46922

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
What are the PC guys in here running? I have a 970 and a gen 4 core I5 cpu. Im fairly sure I can run this at 1080p, but Im not willing to take the risk. I dont think the Epic store has a return policy. So if it doesnt run I'd just be boned

With a 1080 ti at 1440p and ultra (except hairworks and with motion blur on low, and most important: directx 11, not 12) it seems to be running around 100fps most of the time.
Also, don't trust the benchmark too much, it's the worst case scenario. I've seldom seen a benchmark differ this much from the general gaming experience.
You can run it, I'm pretty sure of that.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm only about 1.5 hours into the game on a PS4 pro but it's running perfectly for me so far. I have to run to work but I can't wait to jump back in and keep playing. It does say that version 1.02 is the latest version when I check for updates which seems odd since I thought 1.03 was the latest.

Thanks! Glad to hear you're having a good experience.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
Played a few hours on Pro, right now midway in the first open map.
This is my first Metro game and I actually like what I have experience so far.
The only two things I feel meh are the gunplay and Anna's voice acting.
This'll be my first metro game and I'm cautiously optimistic, after reading all the initial comments. I'll be playing on PS4 Pro and looking for a game to play after RE2. The bar was set high with that game and hoping this won't let me down.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing some more positive remarks regarding console performance is making me want to grab the game after work tonight.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Three hours later and yeah these are pretty much the best graphics in the world lol.

But is there any way to increase sensitivity of vertical look, or does it only increase sensitivity of horizontal? So far the shooting mechanics ain't Id Software or Respawn, that's for sure.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
Why does this game feel like I'm controlling a fucking tank and not a person? Also I've experienced a ton of glitches with sound and getting stuck in random places, having to restart my save. This game sucks

Deleted member 39587

Banned
Feb 6, 2018
On PC, I found changing mouse_curve_coef, mouse_curve_num, aim_assist and auto_aim_border to 0 in the .cfg file to make the gunplay and general movement better.

Nakadai

Jan 10, 2018
I'm having a really tough time on normal in the first zone. Any tiem I get in the boat and bring up the map I am immediately swamped by enemies. Im going through my healing items like crazy, just trying to navigate and not get killed. Really annoying.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
What's the word on the difficulty modes? In the original 2033 I liked the "mutual lethality" of Ranger Easy where both you and enemies were able to be dropped in roughly the same amount of damage, and I also liked the pared down UI.

I didn't like in LL/Redux where the UI got pared down but couldn't be reviewed with a button press, and most crucially, wasn't visible for QTE button prompts.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Why does this game feel like I'm controlling a fucking tank and not a person? Also I've experienced a ton of glitches with sound and getting stuck in random places, having to restart my save. This game sucks

I am feeling the same way as well, which is a shame.

Biggest disappointment of the year for a Metro fan.

Last edited:

Deleted member 39587

Banned
Feb 6, 2018
Big mood face
HjrZ9i3.jpg

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
DX 12 is the culprit. Disable it. No more crashed for me, period. Running. Smooth as butter.

yup...I started a new game with DX11 and didn't have any crashes...although it's weird that even after I started a new game it didn't reset all those journals that I found...so even though I started a new game the journals remained in my inventory

mercenar1e

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I cant even get out of the tunnels without my PC locking up that requires a shut down..

Last edited:

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
If these are DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD's then i've had some myself after i upgraded last October. Managed to fix my problems with some trial and error though, so let me know if you have similar specs to mine:

Asus Z87 Pro Motherboard
Intel SATA AHCI Controller (check Device Manager)
ASMedia 106x SATA Controller (Device Manager)

If you have either of those, let me know and i'll tell you what i did to solve it.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The bad audio is close to being a deal breaker for me. Everything about it is bad from the mixing, to the random skipping/glitching, to the footsteps - even the actual sound quality seems compressed. The sound design is crucial for a game like this and they've completely botched it.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
An hour in so far on PS4 Pro.

Controls feel pretty similar to previous games. Maybe a tad slower. I'm have no issues with them so far.

Loading after death takes about 10 seconds. Just did a count.

Footsteps are kinda weird, but I forget about them while playing.

Graphics really good. I have no issues with the framerate.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
The bad audio is close to being a deal breaker for me. Everything about it is bad from the mixing, to the random skipping/glitching, to the footsteps - even the actual sound quality seems compressed. The sound design is crucial for a game like this and they've completely botched it.

You and I are usually on the same page with these things, so I'm definitely holding off. This really sucks because I was absolutely looking forward to it.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
If these are DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD's then i've had some myself after i upgraded last October. Managed to fix my problems with some trial and error though, so let me know if you have similar specs to mine:

Asus Z87 Pro Motherboard
Intel SATA AHCI Controller (check Device Manager)
ASMedia 106x SATA Controller (Device Manager)

If you have either of those, let me know and i'll tell you what i did to solve it.

I have:
Asus z68v-pro gen 3 mobo
Intel 6series/c200 series 6 port SATA AHCI Controller

don't see ASMedia sata controller though.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
So far the bad is outweighing the good for me unfortunately.

It looks great.

But I'm having issues similar to others with the sluggish controls, off sound mixing and I've had to restart one section because an enemy was stuck inside the side of the train. He could see me and kept trying to shoot but I couldn't touch him.

I'm playing on a base PS4.

FerryF1

Feb 18, 2018
about 2,5 hours in, playing on a Pro, on a 4K TV with HDR.

- Graphics are really nice,
- Havent noticed any frame drops,
- Sound is great, except for some footstep sounds. they sound a bit weird some times.
- No problems with the controls so far
- Playing in Russian VO, with English subs. just like i played the other 2 games. imo the best way to play Metro, i kinda hate the English VO, with its accents lol

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
I have:
Asus z68v-pro gen 3 mobo
Intel 6series/c200 series 6 port SATA AHCI Controller

don't see ASMedia sata controller though.
Check the date of that Intel driver. Mine was dated all the way back to 2013, so I updated it, among other things. Also the next time it crashes, check event viewer and see if there are any ''driver framework'' entries listed under Critical events.

Sporran

May 21, 2018
just fired up from yesterdays game and it just hangs on the loading screen, great.

Quit game and restart the game.

Fuck not starting a new game

Jan 15, 2018
So, based on what I've seen the game was crashing a bunch in DX12 mode, did the day one patch fix this or should I stick to DX11 for now?

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
What's the word on the difficulty modes? In the original 2033 I liked the "mutual lethality" of Ranger Easy where both you and enemies were able to be dropped in roughly the same amount of damage, and I also liked the pared down UI.

I didn't like in LL/Redux where the UI got pared down but couldn't be reviewed with a button press, and most crucially, wasn't visible for QTE button prompts.

You can see some UI stuff in Ranger HC mode - those ones which are important and would be annyoing not to see them just like that was annyoing in Redux versions, so you are good to go.. .you can see the game being played on Ranger mode for example here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wJvP4Qy0Sk

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan

I thought the sound design was very well done in this game, though I don't play a lot of fps games.

zephiross

Mar 27, 2018
Ok I might seem really dumb, but how do you change the HUD settings ? I play on ranger hardcore and at the start of the game, I was asked tout chose between 2 presets for the HUD, and I chose the most extreme one, but I'd like to try the other one because I can't open my bagpack when pressing I (nothing happens but it might be something that unlocks a bit later in the game) neither can i see my weapons when pressing TAB(a sound plays but nothing pops on the screen) wich is kind of Silly if you ask me... I also can't see QTE prompt so I spend my Time spamming the action key during anything that looks like one

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Up to the second area and haven't had any bugs on pc luckily.

Always forget the issues people have with the gun play in the series tho since everything dies in one or two shots on the ranger hardcore modes

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks to see people having problems but it feels like I'm playing a completely different game from most people in here by the way they're going on about it lol.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I cant even get out of the tunnels without my PC locking up that requires a shut down..
you have dx12 enabled? thats the issue...with dx12 that lockdown is a guaranteed one. do this, which is what i did and now its workign flawlessly:

verify file integrity on steam, (dunno how to do it in epic shit store), run as admin, and disable full screen optimization in the .exe properties. DISABLE DX12 and you should be running buttery smooth.