• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
The shuffling footstep sound effect is atrocious.

Oh definitely. I will be walking normally, or even slowly creeping along... and the footsteps sound like I'm doing this.

giphy.gif

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
The footsteps shit is the absolute worst bug out of all of the glitches right now. I refuse to play another second with that god damn noise overtaking everything else in the game. Kills immersion.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Not really liking anything outside of the visuals in the first hour. The sound is just terrible and completely kills the immersion. On track for disappointment of the year if this doesn't pick up.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
This game feels like it's 200% polished and 20% polished at the same time, the visual and environment design is incredible but the general experience feels unfinished.

It's the opposite of a smooth gaming experience.

Last edited:

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Loving the game on PC so far, about 2 hours in. Seems like PC is definitely the way to play the game.

Playing on Ranger Hardcore, everything still dies in 2 hits.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
It just needs some major patches. I can see all of these issues resolved in a month.

I don't understand why we have to wait, Resident Evil 2 came out last month and it was an amazingly polished experience on day one, as singleplayer games should be.
RE2 shipped with super smooth UI and game performance, extremely responsive control and game mechanics, and literally no bugs.

Why can't western developers fucking get it right? You should release the most polished version of your singleplayer game day one, not day 30 or day 60.

Last edited:

Galleren

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Hm, was thinking of getting this for XBX X, but the comments and impressions so far here is making me hold off on that. Might go with the PC version instead, but not sure if it's worth it with my current pc setup

XBX X on a 65" HDR 4K Q8 Samsung
PC on a 27" 144hz 1080p Asus, powered by I7 and GTX980

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
c3yjhwL.gif

Man, those impressions :( The game is waiting for me to pick up, but I will cancel it for now and wait for the patches.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
How the enemy AI? Sounds like you're loving the game, which is great. I'm really looking forward to playing this, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about a number of comments and reviews about questionable enemy behavior.

Human AI is not great, a couple of times some of them wanted to flank me but overall it's very mediocre.

Mutants AI is better though, much better.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm perplexed that this was moved up from the 22nd to the 15th when it is supposedly showing a lack of polish. This time of the year is already packed and they could have moved this back a la Days Gone until late March or something. But, still waiting to play the game myself.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
How the game feels like right now :
0d1694c9e22ce74b9e64a0c62ff31735.jpg

You know it's a fucking gem but it's just so goddamn raw and unbelievably unpolished at the moment.

I think I'm just gonna wait for now, this is yet another great example of western AAA developers not delivering a finished product on day one.

Last edited:

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
As much as I'm excited to play this, I always figured I would wait for a few post-launch patches before jumping in. So it looks like that's what I'm doing.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
This is one of the recent AAA games where for console players it makes the most sense to wait for the enhanced next gen version (it will come, no doubt).

The game seems to be too demanding for current consoles, but I'm sure the next gen versions will be fine. They did the same with the first two Metro games. Their current gen remasters look great and run in 60fps. Inpiut lag, framerate, graphics, sound, AI, this will all be fixed by then and I think the game overall will greatly benefit from next gen console hardware.

RDR2, Spider Man, Metro, The Last of Us 2, these are the games where I'm waiting for the inevitable PS5 remasters.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
This is one of the recent AAA games where for console players it makes the most sense to wait for the enhanced next gen version (it will come, no doubt).

The game seems to be too demanding for current consoles, but I'm sure the next gen versions will be fine. They did the same with the first two Metro games. Their current gen remasters look great and run in 60fps.

RDR2, Spider Man, Metro, The Last of Us 2, I'm waiting for the inevitable PS5 remasters.
The problems of this games have absolutely nothing to do with hardware power.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I don't understand why we have to wait, Resident Evil 2 came out last month and it was an amazingly polished experience on day one, as singleplayer games should be.
RE2 shipped with super smooth UI and game performance, extremely responsive control and game mechanics, and literally no bugs.

Why can't western developers fucking get it right? You should release the most polished version of your singleplayer game day one, not day 30 or day 60.
Kinda with you on this.

People pay full price for getting the game at day one...
Basically people who will buy the game in a couple of months are gonna pay less for a better experience.

Fuck this shit onestly.

Good4Squat

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Sounds like it was wise of me to wait on this one. Bought Far Cry New: Dawn instead, which I'm enjoying so far.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal

Exactly, if you wanna release a game have it running properly from day 1.

I'm really getting tired of playing unfinished games this generation

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017

The game seems to be too demanding for current consoles, but I'm sure the next gen versions will be fine. They did the same with the first two Metro games. Their current gen remasters look great and run in 60fps. Inpiut lag, framerate, graphics, sound, AI, this will all be fixed by then and I think the game overall will greatly benefit from next gen console hardware.

RDR2, Spider Man, Metro, The Last of Us 2, these are the games where I'm waiting for the inevitable PS5 remasters.

This is kind of a dumb post. What do bad sound and input lag have to do with hardware limitations? And the AI is exactly the same on PC, so your point exactly?

And Spider-Man is an incredibly polished product. It was on release date and it is now. I don't see why that game needs a remaster. We don't even know how TLoU2 performance is, so you're just guessing here.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Disappointed by the bad first impressions. Probably will get it later this time, i don't wanna support finished products anymore.

aubreyk309

Jun 25, 2018
2 hours in at this point and I somehow haven't had any huge issues. I mean my fans are running about a thousand miles and hour, but for the PC I've got I'm pretty happy with the performance. Am I still just in a less buggy section of the game? Am I gonna hit a wall later on where everything kinda falls apart? Really hope not cause I'm enjoying it a lot so far

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
This is kind of a dumb post. What do bad sound and input lag have to do with hardware limitations? And the AI is exactly the same on PC, so your point exactly?

And Spider-Man is an incredibly polished product. It was on release date and it is now. I don't see why that game needs a remaster. We don't even know how TLoU2 performance is, so you're just guessing here.

Hardware speed directly plays into input latency. There is a trade off between low input latency and higher frame rates. (Extra pipelining of the render and renderahead increase latency but can improve frame rates; higher spec hardware eliminates the need for this sacrifice)

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
How is the game on X?

Read the thread please or use the search option. People have posted numerous impressions.

Hardware speed directly plays into input latency. There is a trade off between low input latency and higher frame rates.

I know, but plenty of 30fps games don't have that much inputlag that people specifically complain about it, so hardware is not the issue n this case.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Atmos option makes the audio even worse to be honest.

I truly can't tell. I had to increase the sliders once I switched as it was very very low at default. It sounds better positionally, and a bit sharper in a lot of ways but at the same time soft. I really can't tell which I prefer. I was switching back and forth quite a bit earlier when I was playing.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I know, but plenty of 30fps games don't have that much inputlag that people specifically complain about it, so hardware is not the issue n this case.

Some games have enough overhead that the sacrifice is not needed, and most devs make more appropriate sacrifices. In this case, I suspect they know they can optimize it further and simply didn't have time. But that is the point about hardware affecting input latency.

Oddhouse

Oct 31, 2017
I saw there were was a lot of criticism for the English voice acting in reviews, having started playing the game I think it might be Americans not used to eastern European accents because it just sounds like Eastern Europeans speak English.

European here so used to it. Any other Europeans think the same ?