• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so... am I missing something or did they really make it so in Photo Mode it leaves your gamertag displayed in the top right in a big orange box? Really? No option to have an actual clean shot? Why?! There are some gorgeous spots I'd really like a shot of without doing it through the OS.

Also, is anyone else noticing a really lacking soundscape when it comes to effects? In the early part, and a character just hit someone with the butt of the a rifle (after I did the same to another enemy) and neither time did it make a sound at all really. There was no "impact". Also earlier when it was teaching me to stealth attack, bounced the enemy's face off the container in front of him and ... it was almost dead quiet as far as sound effects go. Really disconnecting me from the game in a way. Is it just me noticing that? Playing with headphones, on X1, tried with and without the Atmos option turned on in the in game sound menu.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Initial impressions on X are not as wowed as I thought I'd be, quite a bit of flat looking textures that don't seem particularly high res. Soft body physics are really damn impressive though, and the models and animation for enemies is great.

I might double dip on PC after seeing some benches if my 970 can get some better lighting and detail settings at 1440p.

Edit: More I look at it it's definitely the lighting in certain areas that's making things look flat.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
So, in spoiler tags, what needs to be done to get the different endings?
I would like to know this? Does it even have different endings?

It has at least 2 endings that I know of.

I think it all comes down to
keeping your full squad together and alive. At some point one character can leave, and at another point 2 characters can die I believe. I played through the game just rushing the story and got the bad ending. Its easily implied that to get the good ending you need the full squad there. I can go into more details and spoil the whole ending if you want lol.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
This game looks ridiculous on Xbox One X holy fuck.

The strange thing is that in the first level the game looked very weird, but once you enter the second level the graphics are out of this world, the difference was so strange lol

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah on my 2080 I'm having no problems at all maintaining 60fps at 1080p on all ultra settings, hairworks, advanced physX, and RTX on (RTX high) AND DLSS is off. The GPU is only 65% taxed at most...

So it looks like the benchmarks that said 2080 performance at 1080p was more like 80fps with RTX on were right.

Gunplay feels really tight. Was a bit worried from the console reports. Feels good.

metroexodusscreenshotirkcl.png

Last edited:

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
This game looks unbelievable maxed out on PC (no rtx goodness). Nice to have a new mega good looking PC game, I expected nothing less from 4A.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Initial impressions on X are not as wowed as I thought I'd be, quite a bit of flat looking textures that don't seem particularly high res. Soft body physics are really damn impressive though, and the models and animation for enemies is great.

I might double dip on PC after seeing some benches if my 970 can get some better lighting and detail settings at 1440p.

Edit: More I look at it it's definitely the lighting in certain areas that's making things look flat.

A 970 at 1440p? Not sure how that will work out.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I'm loving the game so far, but man does this game run not so great for DX12 for me. I had issues with it at 1080p so I couldn't imagine 1440p, and this was on High settings. I then switched to DX11 and my performance is way, way better, like not only is 1080p great for it but now I can do 1440p on High at a good framerate, though it dips into 40s at times. There were some bugs, but overall so far so good.

Sporran

May 21, 2018
jeez what have they done with the controls like a half a second delay from using the stick to the move on screen. Major dead zone how the hell didnt this get picked up during QA am struggling to aim and its a little nauseous to play.

playing on pro

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the input lag was instantly noticeable for me on the X.... I may have to switch over to pc. Really bummed that this hasn't come up in many reviews/previews, especially because iirc they did their previews on the one x...

Hadoken

Oct 25, 2017
How's the mouse control for PC? The last two Metro game had different sensitivities for vertical and horizontal movement and was something like 2:1. A mod eventually fixed it so not sure if I should buy this day one or wait for a fix if the problem is there.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How's the mouse control for PC? The last two Metro game had different sensitivities for vertical and horizontal movement and was something like 2:1. A mod eventually fixed it so not sure if I should buy this day one or wait for a fix if the problem is there.
I only tried controller so far but I have the exact same issue, vertical sense is twice lower than horizontal and it drives me up the wall, sens is too low as well even maxed out, on PC

No input lag though, but still shit.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
What the fuck is that framerate on PS4 Pro????

It's so jarring coming from RE2.

EDIT: Switched to 1080p mode without super sampling, much better now.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure the input lag will get fixed as the first two games didn't have that kind of problem but i really don't want to wait.

Maybe i'm getting the pc version also but in times like these i really don't like that you can't return your game on psn even if you didn't play one damn second. AS soon as you've downloaded the game it's not viable for a refund anymore.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Boy that game is rough. Feels like a step back from Last Light in many areas. Not saying i don´t like it but i expected a overall more polished experience compared to the first two games and what i got was the opposite.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Was about to get it today but will have to wait. I can live with crashes and long loading times, but input lag is a big no in FPS. Hopefully it will get patched soon

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Was really looking forward to playing this tonight, but not if it has input lag.

New Dawn it is then.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
to be clear -- are yalls reports of input lag ONLY on the console versions? because I don't care about the consoles

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Started right around 9, barring one break I've been playing for about 2.5 hours. I've crashed 5 times now on X1 with no real indication why. Just sneaking around, walking around, doing nothing crazy. Freezes. I think i am done for tonight.

Question, does MS allow refunds? I am guessing not. I know I refunded Fallout 76 after pre-ordering after my time with the beta, but this is now 'live'. If they fix the crashes with a patch and possibly the input lag / vertical sensitivity / sound effects... I'd absolutely be having a great time. I like what they have shown me so far, but I am tired of looking at loading screens after crashes.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The sound mixing and quality seems pretty bad overall so far. Ambient sounds are ridiculously low and the sound effect for footsteps sounds awful.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
This game needs patches, I recommend people hold off on whatever system they're playing except I guess maybe people on PC with great rigs and no intention of running DXR.

The sound mixing and quality seems pretty bad overall so far. Ambient sounds are ridiculously low and the sound effect for footsteps sounds awful.

This too. The footstep shit is the straw that broke the camels back for me. There's so many technical issues all over the place.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
I don't usually put all my faith in a single review or even an aggregate, but this time I really felt like I knew what I was getting based on reviews. I don't recally hearing about any of the issues I am having in reviews. The sound mixing is absolutely ruining it for me, more so than the crashes actually. Yet I don't recall a single review mentioning it, or the sluggishness, or the delay. So so strange.

So the controls on console feel actually different compared to 2033 and LL?
Absolutely. I was playing LL Redux earlier today as I waited and it was smooth and responsive and I had no issues. This feels so very different directly compared to that.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The shuffling footstep sound effect is atrocious.

I don't usually put all my faith in a single review or even an aggregate, but this time I really felt like I knew what I was getting based on reviews. I don't recally hearing about any of the issues I am having in reviews. The sound mixing is absolutely ruining it for me, more so than the crashes actually. Yet I don't recall a single review mentioning it, or the sluggishness, or the delay. So so strange.

Input lag, frame rate, sound quality/mixing are things that reviews are absolutely useless for 98% of the time. I'm not sure how it's possible they never seem to notice this stuff.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Loving it so far and it's running great for me on PC. Decided to stick with Hardcore. I hate not knowing how much ammo I have on Ranger Hardcore.