• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Karppuuna

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is 30fps in consoles, what a shame, 1 and 2 was locked 60fps and they feel great.
Maybe i buy this in steam sales next year for PC.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
This is 30fps in consoles, what a shame, 1 and 2 was locked 60fps and they feel great.
Maybe i buy this in PC, steam sales next year.

Does this surprise you? Have you even seen how Exodus looks? LL and 2033 are PS3/X360 remasters without any large environments. Would be strange if they ran at 30fps.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does this surprise you? Have you even seen how Exodus looks? LL and 2033 are PS3/X360 remasters without any large environments. Would be strange if they ran at 30fps.
Like, at this point, we need to ask the credentials of said lambaster rather they're a deleloper or not when such statements comes up.

Oct 25, 2017
First game was boring, second game was pretty good so the third game could be amazing but I will wait for impressions. Is this open world (please no)?

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Local Saturn store is already selling it, just picked up my copy. Now I just gotta stare at it for a couple of hours till work is over...

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
If you are playing this, please consider this advice (let me put it under spoiler... yet it is not properly a spoiler...)

There are at least a pair of "Deus Ex Human Revolution Moments" in the game. I mean... just because a cutscene seems "fixed", it does not mean it has to go that way... I don't know if you understand what I mean, yet it is a quite engaging element of the game...

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Man Ars have some RTX benchmarks, and yeah, that shit isn't ready for real public use.
It's a big hit sure but it's also a huge upgrade in terms of lighting. I'll probably just play it at 1440p60.
TechPowerUp has some more detailed benchmarks:
rtx-1080.png

rtx-1440.png

rtx-2160.png

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Performance_Analysis/Metro_Exodus/

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Can't agree with 99% of what people are saying in the review thread that performance on console is shit. Yes, load times are long on the X. But besides that the game is flawless for me. I haven't had any freezing that people claim plagues the entire game. Not sure if they played unpatched or what, but there was a new 3.3 gb update that came out on Monday I heard. I got the game game yesterday so I've had that while playing

Last edited:

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Also wanted to add that if anyone was on the fence about starting the game on ranger hardcore, I'd say go for it. It really isn't that hard. Stealthing is pretty easy and you can avoid most fights. I haven't hit any walls so far where I feel like something is impossible. I haven't had to start a section over more than 5 times after learning the paths to stealth around human enemies. I also haven't been put in any forced combat scenarios with large groups of enemies yet. The game has given me enough ammo to where I've never run out

Without tutorials a couple sections might have you just sitting there pressing buttons to figure out controls, but it's not too hard to get the hang of it

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Game freezed a couple of times during my review on Xbox One X, but according to Deep Silver another Patch is in the works, which is supposed to fix this issue (among others). No clue if it will be available Day 1 or later though.

Otherwise it looks and plays well, aside from the initial loading time, which is I don't not, minutes long ;)

low-G

Oct 25, 2017

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
These aren't standalone games right? It's appropriate to play the ones preceding?

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like my copy shipped, hoping that it turns up tomorrow.
These aren't standalone games right? It's appropriate to play the ones preceding?
They aren't, that being said I feel like you could get away with just reading a summary of the previous games if you really wanted to jump in with this game. Although the other two games tend to go on sale a lot and they're well worth playing.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Also wanted to add that if anyone was on the fence about starting the game on ranger hardcore, I'd say go for it. It really isn't that hard. Stealthing is pretty easy and you can avoid most fights. I haven't hit any walls so far where I feel like something is impossible. I haven't had to start a section over more than 5 times after learning the paths to stealth around human enemies. I also haven't been put in any forced combat scenarios with large groups of enemies yet. The game has given me enough ammo to where I've never run out

Without tutorials a couple sections might have you just sitting there pressing buttons to figure out controls, but it's not too hard to get the hang of it
Does it have a good way to check your ammo count? Or show prompts? Those were the most annoying aspects in the other games

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Played for a bit, game looks AMAZING, but I'm VERY disappointed about the lack of Russian VO, I despise the forced "accent VO" in games like these [or more recently AC: Odyssey] so it's really jarring. :/

Oct 26, 2017
I would be really disappointed if the visuals on Xbox One X aren't close to what they showed at E3 2017. Back then it looked damn good and certainly seemed plausible for the X as well to me. Sure that was on PC but the developer said they would push the X to its limits and that the E3 showing was indicative of how it would look on X.

But based on some impressions here in the review thread it seems that it doesn't look all that great on X at all? Do we have any recent footage of the same E3 area for comparison?

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
I would be really disappointed if the visuals on Xbox One X aren't close to what they showed at E3 2017. Back then it looked damn good and certainly seemed plausible for the X as well to me. Sure that was on PC but the developer said they would push the X to its limits and that the E3 showing was indicative of how it would look on X.

But based on some impressions here in the review thread it seems that it doesn't look all that great on X at all? Do we have any recent footage of the same E3 area for comparison?

looks fine on the x to me

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Isn't supposed you can change voice language, with Russian voice option included?

OK... sooooooooooo...

There was absolutely no option to change the VO so I had to get a bit creative. I changed my console region to Russia and restarted the damn thing and lo and behold, a ~500mb patch started downloading, when it finished I magically had the option of choosing the Russian VO.

You've heard it here first folks [I think].

Silly, but at the end of the day I'm getting to play the game as I intended and as I played the previous ones, so I'm not gonna complain too much.

btw. game look fire on the X