• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
so rumors have game length being Metro 2033 + Last Light combined...sounds good...took me around 20 hours to beat each of the previous Metro games

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The monster designs are great. First time I've really paid attention to this game, and I'm immediately interested.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
Least favorite part of LL for me, at least 2033 canon ending is the bad one.

With how you can customize weapon on the fly, you can basically have more than three weapon type at a time.

Your Shambler can transform into Saiga and Ubotznat, your Kalash can turn into Vepr hunting rifle and RPK LMG, and your Bastard gun can turn into VSV and Heavy SMG for example.
Yep I know, I even mentioned customization. But there's a different feel to customizing a weapon, vs finding a completely new one. Like, sure a customized revolver is nice, but a Colt1911 would be niiiice to find. Or an old Klobb or something.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
did they ever say yet how to try to win that ultimate metro edition with the watch etc?

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
When is the review embargo up? Also is it wrong I want this but I recently purchased Ace Combat, RE2 and Kingdom Hearts! :/

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Yep I know, I even mentioned customization. But there's a different feel to customizing a weapon, vs finding a completely new one. Like, sure a customized revolver is nice, but a Colt1911 would be niiiice to find. Or an old Klobb or something.

Ahaha, I agree with you then, while the customization on the fly is cool, most (if not all?) stuff revealed are weapons from previous entries (I think the only new stuff is the revolver rifle ?)

I hope there are more weapon not revealed in any of the trailer. 4A, Makarov pls.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Fantastic OT.

I will only get to play Metro Exodus on an Xbox One X, so 4K/30fps but still, this game should look incredible. The first Metro game I buy at launch.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a definitive story recap video that covers 2033 and Last Light? Length doesn't matter much to me, I'm interested in longer, more in-depth videos if they're out there.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Let me say that Metro Exodus is most likely going to be my GOTY.

Let me also say, that I completely missed the original Metro 2033 last gen, as well as Metro Last Light. I have never read any of the Metro novels by Dmitry Glukhovsky. I have also never played S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. But I hope that series continues and gets released on current / next gen hardware.

My first experience with the Metro franchise came in 2014 on PS4 with Metro Redux. I am trying to finish both games before Exodus drops.

Let me also say that it was because of the Metro Exodus announcement / reveal trailer at E3 2017 that I decided I wanted to get Xbox One X.
I am totally floored by the graphics and atmosphere from all of the trailers I've seen. The lighting, the particle effects, the amount of geometric density/detail looks incredible.

I've been avoiding all the gameplay footage uploaded in recent days from those who managed to get it early. If I had a high-end gaming PC with or without Nvidia RTX, I would buy it day one regardless of digital store. So I will be playing Metro Exodus on an Xbox One X Scorpio Edition console. Cannot freaking wait!

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I'll remove the quotes since that's becoming a distraction from the overall thread.

For what it's worth, I actually enjoyed them as a fellow Christian. Anywho, back to the topic at hand. Great OT!, very much looking forward to Friday. I feel kinda bad though since I'm jumping in now as I haven't played the other games in the series. Hopefully I'm not missing out on much? Probably am, but ah well...I'll catch up I suppose.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4044

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth, I actually enjoyed them as a fellow Christian. Anywho, back to the topic at hand. Great OT!, very much looking forward to Friday. I feel kinda bad though since I'm jumping in now as I haven't played the other games in the series. Hopefully I'm not missing out on much? Probably am, but ah well...I'll catch up I suppose.

Last Light really leans into Artyom being a "chosen one", picked by the Dark Ones, so I was hoping to lean into that "chosen" angle with the quotes. But it wasn't worth derailing the thread over something so minor (in my mind).

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Can't wait. Luckily I have Friday off.

Do we have an estimate of how long the game is? I'd bet there is a wide range since it's a wide world where some people will rush through it and others will take their time exploring.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Throwing out there, for those picking this up on PC, 4A Games has provided a very nice benchmarking tool with the game. It's not in the game, it's in the game folder. Don't miss this.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I just beat Metro Last Light last night and the fact that there are "good" endings and "bad" endings is dumb! Hopefully Exodus only has 1 ending so I dont have to youtube what is canon. That said, I am pumped for Exodus.

I love that aspect...I just wish it was more involved then just don't kill people vs kill people...I wish dialogue choices etc played a bigger role in terms of story

Jan 10, 2018
Saw a couple of minutes of it on youtube and instantly ordered it. I love to make those kind of purchases once in a while. Hopefully the game will turn out to be a gem!

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I love that aspect...I just wish it was more involved then just don't kill people vs kill people...I wish dialogue choices etc played a bigger role in terms of story

I dont know, I saved everyone I could except for
When Pavel is consumed by those hands? I didnt even know I could stop that
so it seems that almost always we will get the bad ending in Last Light. I didnt even know there were multiple endings I just played the game as a good guy.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Is there a definitive story recap video that covers 2033 and Last Light? Length doesn't matter much to me, I'm interested in longer, more in-depth videos if they're out there.

Human attack aliens, aliens turns out to be good, human kill each other as usual, alien help us in the end.

Sure, there are horror elements in the game. It's still not a horror game like Evil Within or Resident Evil 2,8

Yeah no doubt, but I guess it still somewhat scratch the itch.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Let me say that Metro Exodus is most likely going to be my GOTY.

Let me also say, that I completely missed the original Metro 2033 last gen, as well as Metro Last Light. I have never read any of the Metro novels by Dmitry Glukhovsky. I have also never played S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. But I hope that series continues and gets released on current / next gen hardware.

My first experience with the Metro franchise came in 2014 on PS4 with Metro Redux. I am trying to finish both games before Exodus drops.

Let me also say that it was because of the Metro Exodus announcement / reveal trailer at E3 2017 that I decided I wanted to get Xbox One X.
I am totally floored by the graphics and atmosphere from all of the trailers I've seen. The lighting, the particle effects, the amount of geometric density/detail looks incredible.

I've been avoiding all the gameplay footage uploaded in recent days from those who managed to get it early. If I had a high-end gaming PC with or without Nvidia RTX, I would buy it day one regardless of digital store. So I will be playing Metro Exodus on an Xbox One X Scorpio Edition console. Cannot freaking wait!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was (or still is) a masterclass in ambiance and atmosphere. personally i think, Metro Exodus is the closest game to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. yet, coupled with the greatness of the Metro lore and storytelling i really think it will be a very special game which stands out in the crowd of GaaS games and cookie cutter games nowadays.

I expect Metro: Exodus to be the best Metro game to date which takes the franchise to the next level, surprising many people with its attention to detail and atmosphere. this is a game that happens "once in a while" and it definitely will provide an unique experience.

Can´t wait for Friday!

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I dont know, I saved everyone I could except for
When Pavel is consumed by those hands? I didnt even know I could stop that
so it seems that almost always we will get the bad ending in Last Light. I didnt even know there were multiple endings I just played the game as a good guy.

it's not just about saving or killing the main characters that determine which ending you get...it also involves listening to a lot of the background conversations, giving people gold bullets when they ask you, exploring the world etc...I was able to get both endings in Metro 2033 but Last Light moved away from the survival aspect and wanted you to play it as a straight shooter so I only got the bad non-canon ending

if Exodus gives you the option of playing as Spartan or Survivor, they need to make sure that the gameplay supports both versions equally...Last Light didn't feel like it was meant to be played on Survivor mode

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Bought the combo pack of the two games for the PS4, and finished 2033, but didn't finish Last Light (only a few hours left).
I should get back to it, if only to finish it to get in the mood for this new one, and make room on my hard drive.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was (or still is) a masterclass in ambiance and atmosphere. personally i think, Metro Exodus is the closest game to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. yet, coupled with the greatness of the Metro lore and storytelling i really think it will be a very special game which stands out in the crowd of GaaS games and cookie cutter games nowadays.

I expect Metro: Exodus to be the best Metro game to date which takes the franchise to the next level, surprising many people with its attention to detail and atmosphere. this is a game that happens "once in a while" and it definitely will provide an unique experience.

Can´t wait for Friday!

Yep, I totally agree with what you're saying and I'm really hoping that Metro Exodus does for 4A Games what The Witcher III Wild Hunt did for CDPR.