• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I can't wait for the game to be released...that way the focus will rightfully turn to the game itself and all this Epic vs Steam nonsense will go away

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for the game to be released...that way the focus will rightfully turn to the game itself and all this Epic vs Steam nonsense will go away

I've said it before, no one will care about what these people have to complain about once the reviews hit. I can also see many abandoning their previous claims of ignoring the game until 2020.

"Huh, boycott what? I never said that. GOTY!"

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OpenCritic guy here. It's February 11th. We don't have a timer because we don't know what time exactly yet.

Oh wow. I was guessing February 12th but Monday is even better. Four days before launch tells me we're looking at a 90+ open critic score. Woohoo!!! Metro Exodus is going to be amazing. February 15th can't come fast enough for me. LOL.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I've said it before, no one will care about what these people have to complain about once the reviews hit. I can also see many abandoning their previous claims of ignoring the game until 2020.

"Huh, boycott what? I never said that. GOTY!"

most of the people claiming that they're going to boycott the game until it hits Steam in 2020 are lying...60% of those people will buy the game on Epic

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Im excited for this, hope the shooting is far better though. Games had amazing atmosphere but mediocre gameplay imo.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Enough with the 2020 jibes, we get it...opening another launcher is extremely hard and a true hindrance.

This trailer was amazing, can't wait to play this: playing through 2033/LL at the moment in Ranger HC: halp!

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
What are the chances we'll get next-gen console versions of Metro Exodus, in 2021, not unlike how like we got current-gen Metro Redux in 2014?

I would absolutely LOVE to play Metro Exodus at 60fps on PS5 Xbox Next consoles with all the settings the equivalent of very high. Basically everything with the exception of raytracing for lighting, etc for the Nvidia RTX cards.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
What are the chances we'll get next-gen console versions of Metro Exodus, in 2021, not unlike how like we got current-gen Metro Redux in 2014?

I would absolutely LOVE to play Metro Exodus at 60fps on PS5 Xbox Next consoles with all the settings the equivalent of very high. Basically everything with the exception of raytracing for lighting, etc for the Nvidia RTX cards.

Off the chain high I think, Deep Silver loves putting everything on everything they can platform wise

It'll be port port port port port

Last edited:

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, if I can manage to hold 60 FPS with a 1070 at 1440p, I might have to grab this on day one

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
They're really going aggressive with the marketting on this one which is a good thing. Last light went under the radar for a lot of people.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
Damn, if I can manage to hold 60 FPS with a 1070 at 1440p, I might have to grab this on day one

Not sure about 1440p, but with a 1070 at 1080p we should be OK.

They're really going aggressive with the marketting on this one which is a good thing. Last light went under the radar for a lot of people.

I remember THQ's Last Light marketing campaign, they even made some live action trailers:

Then after Deep Silver's acquiring the IP I think it went kind of silent again.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Minimum

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 or equivalent
  • RAM: 8GB
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 670 | GeForce GTX 1050 | AMD Radeon HD 7870
  • VRAM: 2 GB
  • Direct X: 11 |12
Recommended

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K or equivalent
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 1070 | GeForce RTX 2060 | AMD RX Vega 56
  • VRAM : 8 GB
  • Direct X : 12

High

• CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K or equivalent
  • RAM: 16GB
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | GeForce RTX 2070 | AMD RX Vega 64
  • VRAM: 8 GB
  • Direct X: 12
Extreme

• CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K or equivalent
  • GPU: GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • VRAM: 11 GB

At this point I'm just hoping I can get close to 60fps at 1440p with my GTX 1080.......

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
I mean, you can dislike STALKER, I understand that, it's not a game for everyone. But "one of the worst games ever made"? You're so wrong there.
I actually love STALKER games (I am still playing it despite having 3K Ultrawide and nv1050Ti to drive my monitors....hey it works, somewhat), but FC2 is "true Ubisoft open-world masterpiece". If I should say it more softly.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Minimum

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 or equivalent
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 670 | GeForce GTX 1050 | AMD Radeon HD 7870
  • VRAM: 2 GB
  • Direct X: 11 |12
Recommended

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K or equivalent
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 1070 | GeForce RTX 2060 | AMD RX Vega 56
  • VRAM : 8 GB
  • Direct X : 12

High

• CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K or equivalent
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | GeForce RTX 2070 | AMD RX Vega 64
  • VRAM: 8 GB
Extreme

• CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K or equivalent
  • GPU: GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • VRAM: 11 GB

At this point I'm just hoping I can get close to 60fps at 1440p with my GTX 1080.......
If we have to give it a name Recommended would be Medium?

I'm afraid Exodus isn't going to have alot of configurable settings like the first two games. As much 4A Games push the graphics on PC I really dislike their graphics options which could use more flexibility in tweaking individual aspects of the game instead of tying them all behind presets.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
OT: And those are? One of the worst game ever made.

On topic, can't wait.
The diegetic UI choices, the in-the-character's-shoes immersive perspective, the ramshackle wasteland and your slapdash gear all coalescing to create a feeling of a harsh oppressive landscape, the stealth vs action approaches, the buggies and vehicles, having in-game allies and survival elements to consider

And no, Far Cry 2 is the best game in that whole franchise and one of the best shooters of last gen. Crysis, Far Cry 2, and STALKER were one burgeoning branch of the evolution of the FPS, and then CoD 4 came along and shooters went in that direction instead

Exodus looks like the moody apocalypse, the mutated dangers and factions, the systemic design of STALKER, with the immersive diegetic design, ramshackle survival and oppressive landscape, and blend of open-world and narrative-driven missions of Far Cry 2

Deleted member 46922

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Quite alot of new footage

Nice watch, thanks!

If this game isn't going to be great, I know nothing about anything ever.
It all comes together so well. What they wanted to achieve, the things they've improved (especially AI is something every dev should improve, because too often it seems like kind of an afterthought), and the way they worked on the game in perfect harmony.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
is Exodus going to be more survival oriented like 2033 or action oriented like Last Light?...I preferred the gameplay of 2033 where resources and ammo were scarce

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I really don't think you can...

I'm not sure if a 1070 is enough for 1080p ultra details at 60 frame rock solid with an open world metro title...

Happy to be disproved but i have little hope tbh.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The diegetic UI choices, the in-the-character's-shoes immersive perspective, the ramshackle wasteland and your slapdash gear all coalescing to create a feeling of a harsh oppressive landscape, the stealth vs action approaches, the buggies and vehicles, having in-game allies and survival elements to consider

And no, Far Cry 2 is the best game in that whole franchise and one of the best shooters of last gen. Crysis, Far Cry 2, and STALKER were one burgeoning branch of the evolution of the FPS, and then CoD 4 came along and shooters went in that direction instead

Exodus looks like the moody apocalypse, the mutated dangers and factions, the systemic design of STALKER, with the immersive diegetic design, ramshackle survival and oppressive landscape, and blend of open-world and narrative-driven missions of Far Cry 2
Preach!

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
is Exodus going to be more survival oriented like 2033 or action oriented like Last Light?...I preferred the gameplay of 2033 where resources and ammo were scarce
Metro Last Light Redux gives the option to play it like Metro 2033(limited resources and ammo) when you select Survival mode.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Metro Last Light Redux gives the option to play it like Metro 2033(limited resources and ammo) when you select Survival mode.

but I want the game to be designed to fit that playstyle...in Last Light Redux they gave you the option to play as Survival or Spartan but playing as Survivor didn't feel natural because the game was obviously designed to be played in Spartan mode

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im excited for this, hope the shooting is far better though. Games had amazing atmosphere but mediocre gameplay imo.

I agree. I own the first two (remade) on Steam so I started playing them in anticipation of Exodus, and the shooting gameplay is really bad, spoils a lot of the great atmosphere.

Especially since this isn't coming to Steam, I'm going to wait for reviews and general user impressions before I get my hopes up.