• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I feel like this is a series that never quite hit mainstream, but this entry sure looks like it's the one poised to take it there.

I hope the story is as epic as it's made out to be. I'm a sucker for "road" stories.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Just report Dalik and move on.

Will we be able to travel back to different areas on the train? I'm assuming not but it would be cool to see them in different seasons or if we miss something.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
Wishing the downfall of a beloved developer because you aren't getting your way seems a bit excessive....no?

Well because of this move I can't buy the game on PC, I just can't same for many people in Argentina, China and many others who rely on Steam cards, but screw us right, the game will undersell on PC but hey Deep Silver got their paycheck that covers the lost sales, Tim Sweeney got his ego boost and first world gamers got their game...

scitek

Oct 27, 2017

ZzackK

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think they're selling it anymore because they had Steam keys.[/QUOTE]
I buy games in GMG, Gamersgate, Voidu, Humble and few mor. I cant find ofert for new Metro lul xD
Only one store sells the game?

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Watched the trailer again and maaaaaaaaaan this looks so good. STALKER vibes were off the charts. Weather effects looked fantastic.

Take5GiantSteps

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
The only digusting thing is you guys bending over publishers. its pretty obvious none of you care about PC gaming.

Calm down and stop throwing around baseless accusations. You're embarrassing yourself.

?
Amazing contribution you got there. Also surely you hid your profile in case someone went to check your non existant PC posts in the forum. :')

Jesus fucking Christ, dude. Reported.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
The trailer is really impressive and I really like the emphasis on a strong narrative and getting away from the redundant fetch quests. Potential to be Game of the Year for sure. I'm in Day One.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I really hope people play the first and second Metro games before playing this. They're so damn good.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Will we be able to travel back to different areas on the train? I'm assuming not but it would be cool to see them in different seasons or if we miss something.
The seasons are the main reason I doubt you can go backwards on the train. I'm sure they'd have shown that off if it was in the game. Each area they've shown off has always been shown off at the same time of year, I think. But I think that's a pretty great concept for a game all the same. Moving from one area to the next as the seasons change, really making it feel like the 'Exodus' it should.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
I am very, very curious to see what the reviews for this game are like. If the reviews are positive, I might pick it up.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The seasons are the main reason I doubt you can go backwards on the train. I'm sure they'd have shown that off if it was in the game. Each area they've shown off has always been shown off at the same time of year, I think. But I think that's a pretty great concept for a game all the same. Moving from one area to the next as the seasons change, really making it feel like the 'Exodus' it should.
While I too doubt seasons change in areas, there is that one shot they show where the time advances. I think it'll probably be just a cutscene or area transition though.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game looks tremendous. Imagine missing out on something like this because you won't install another launcher.

Deleted member 46922

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Totally. This game feels like a love letter to the countless post apocalyptic stories of years past.

It really is, isn't it? I just know I'm going to love this game. It's like if I had to invent a story and world for a game this would be it. :)

didnt you hear? no one on PC is buying it.

Steam preorder. I never do that, but I really think this game is going to be that good.

Oct 26, 2017
Too bad the game is tainted by unwelcome business decisions.
Because the game itself looks beautiful and sounds like a great story driven game.

No useless grinding or boring side quests, it's good that they mentioned that.
That is how you do open world.

For a second I didn't get what you meant at all, but you're obviously talking about the Steam/Epic store thing.

The game was said to be native 4K on X right? Man I can't wait to see that.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
2020 is looking great already.

source.gif

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Game looks incredible.

If you had said 10 years ago, that some of the best AAA games would be coming out of Eastern Europe, I don't think I'd have believed you.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The OT needs to ban EGS discussion. The thread will get derailed otherwise.
OT will be fine. The review thread on the other hand.
Good reviews - People mad because its good and then dont want to use another launcher
Bad reviews - People with hot takes and posts like "you get what you deserve etc"