• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SFLUFAN

Oct 27, 2017
Alexandria, VA
This will also mean I can't buy it from the Humble Store or CD Keys. Odd that I don't see the game on Amazon or GMG though - I'm guessing it would have been on these other storefronts if it weren't for this deal? Only assuming.

Only purchasable on literally one storefront. Thanks 4A and EGS.

CDKeys still has Steam keys for the game, but the discount has decreased by 8% in the last hour.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Its a great deal for the developers of Exodus and the like, and thus the historically lethargic Valve might actually have to compete with Epic/Discord/etc for PC titles. Whether or not Epic Games will adjust lower sale price rate of Exodus before the European launch is beside the point.

So consumers don't matter. And what in the fucking world do you mean Valve doesn't compete? you think having features isn't competition? I guess attracting consumers isn't competition.

BREAKING NEWS; MONEY HATTING IS THE ONLY COMPETITION IN TOWN. PRO-CONSUMERISM IS LAST YEAR"S NEWS.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
CDKeys still has Steam keys for the game, but the price has increased by 8% in the last hour.

Yeah, their price is higher than what Epic Game's Store is. Which is unusual because CDKeys is almost/always substantially lower (RE2 was $39.99 for chrissake)

Probably because they just realized they have a very limited and finite number of Steam keys.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Pulling a game from a storefront weeks before release is shitty, and while I understand why people are doing it, the sudden rush to get the game on Steam before it goes is just going to reward this shitty move further.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
The worst part is people will boycott this game which in turn will hurt 4A games when it's clearly out of their hands. I feel bad for them.

I was going to wait for a sale, but I'm going to use this $50 xbox gift card I have and buy it for my X anyways to support 4A.

Calm Killer

Oct 25, 2017
So let me understand this. This is basically the same thing as, hey Target has this game for $50 and Walmart had it for $60 but now I need to wait a month. So the game is $10 cheaper, but nope, can't buy it from that vendor? That seems like a strange stance.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
TIL there arent any epic keys on humblebundle or gmg

Lmao

Code Artisan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Moneyhatting for less features is the best thing for PC gaming?

We finally have a publisher for PC who is willing to give money to get games, something that Valve shall have done a long time ago.
If you take a look at the top scoring games on Metacritic for 2018, none of them were available on PC. Epic may change that.
slqkx2.png

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
[...]
So even those saying idiotic things like "who cares about features" should be able to understand being unhappy about having to pay significantly more money for games. [...]

But of course, many posts have been made detailing the problems with Epic's store, and they're all ignored whenever someone says something like "people care because different launcher". No, people care for numerous reasons. This post is just about one of many very valid reasons to be frustrated when Epic pays for exclusive games, which itself is a perfectly good reason to not support Epic.
Very well said.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
At launch you are missing cloud saves and achievements. On another level BPM functionality, customizable controls, Streaming, Ingame walkthroughs etc.

At this point, just give up and let threads like this turn into an echo chamber of ignorance. It's not worth the time anymore after others have attempted to explain their logic to people over and over.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Pulling a game from a storefront weeks before release is shitty, and while I understand why people are doing it, the sudden rush to get the game on Steam before it goes is just going to reward this shitty move further.

I think on the opposite, that it'll show that people cares about their features.

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, their price is higher than what Epic Game's Store is. Which is unusual because CDKeys is almost/always substantially lower (RE2 was $39.99 for chrissake)

Probably because they just realized they have a very limited and finite number of Steam keys.
In € it's still 16 € cheaper than epic. Which means it's the only option to get it cheaper

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
We finally have a publisher for PC who is willing to give money to get games, something that Valve shall have done a long time ago.
If you take a look at the top scoring games on Metacritic for 2018, none of them were available on PC. Epic may change that.
slqkx2.png

USING METASCORE. HAHAHA

You really are scrapping the bottom of the lowest barrel to stan for moneyhatting and anti-consumerism.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i hate how deep silver is trying to sell us this as a pro consumer move. if it were why not release metro exodus on both steam and the epic store and let consumers decide where to buy? no this is just epic throwing fortnite money at devs trying to brute force consumers into accepting a inferior game launcher, nothing else. fuck deep silver and epic too, one game less i'm going to buy i guess. i will never ever download the epic store.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
It's £49.99 on both stores for me o.O where are the savings?!

Edit - ah a few regions only... lovely

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
has there been a confirmation on whether steam keys will still be generated in let's say...one month?
I think there will be always new steam keys since all the retail copies will be using steam even after release. From my understanding, CDkeys uses retail copies bought in bulk from region were it's cheaper then the US. They pass off the price difference to buyers on CDkeys. They are not grey market or shady.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So let me understand this. This is basically the same thing as, hey Target has this game for $50 and Walmart had it for $60 but now I need to wait a month. So the game is $10 cheaper, but nope, can't buy it from that vendor? That seems like a strange stance.
It's a year exclusivity but epic gave them a pile of money to leave steam for a year.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like folks are buying their copy of the game on Steam as fast as they can. It went super fast up on the best seller list.

I'm pretty happy seeing this response, because it does signal to the publisher many people's preferred storefront. I legitimately think this is the best way to handle one of these "bridge" titles, if there "must" be an 11th-hour switch to promotional exclusivity. People have a small window to buy in advance, all those pre-purchases have full patch support promised, and eventually, the game will be available everywhere.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
slqkx2.png

I'm sure Epic is going to make TLOU and Zelda come to PC.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
People writing off the game cause it's not on steam? Seriously? It's a fucking launcher. Why is this such a big deal?

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did y'all check out this message on the Steam page now ?

Yeah, I've seen that now. Makes it seem very likely that the developers have nothing to do with this and it's all on the publisher end. And that it's about greed on the publisher end, rather than anything the developers actually wanted here or were interested in, at the very least not like this at least. Given this post and how all this is going down, it seems incredibly unlikely to be about the developers looking out for themselves or anything like that, but rather the publisher deciding to do this in their own two weeks from launch all of a suddenly and now the devs are just caught in the crossfire and have to deal with this mess, which just adds a whole other layer to this stuff.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
So basically this is only good for a given consumer provided they

- live in the US
- have never used any steam features at all, including basic stuff like cloud saves
- have never factored in prices from third-party stores like humble or gmg in their pc game purchase decisions

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty happy seeing this response, because it does signal to the publisher many people's preferred storefront. I legitimately think this is the best way to handle one of these "bridge" titles, if there "must" be an 11th-hour switch to promotional exclusivity. People have a small window to buy in advance, all those pre-purchases have full patch support promised, and eventually, the game will be available everywhere.

All it tells the publisher is that they are geniuses and they are going to get to have their cake and eat it too. You'll be lucky if anyone remembers this shit by the time the next Metro game releases because the entire situation will again be different.

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
My biggest problem with Epic that isn't brought up often is that they don't allow any other retailers to sell games for the their store.
Yes. Epic does not offer more competition, but less. Open up for third parties selling Epic Store keys, until then their store is unlikely to be good news for customers.

Well, also make the store less terrible. I still cant understand why they launched it in its current state. It lacks extremely basic features. Makes it seem like they dont really care about their own product, which is not exactly the best way to convince people to buy into it.