• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Retail copy costs 40 bucks. Digital PS4 version (Gold Edition, includes all DLC) with PS Plus discount is currently 20€/$. Your choice.

Need a cheap Xbox version instead but keys go around 30 there so that's fine too I think.

Just to be clear, if I buy the current gold edition I'm set for the patch with every content that the new retail version has?

Friender

Sep 27, 2020
We'll be able to assess it through videos (hoping for DF to cover it quickly) and make an informed decision. In any case they seem extremely confident about their product.
This is the case for me, I'd like to know performance and any noteworthy differences between PS5 and XSX before I choose a platform.

probably because on disk version is for Xbox One so the XSX version is coming from Smart Delivery, don't know about codes
The developer claims that the DLC didn't fit on disc, but that is probably a lie:
Thank you both!

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I spent a little more time with my first playthrough of FF7 Intermission than I anticipated, and I think I will be ready just in time for this to drop.

Funny to think I will have played all the Metro games, but only the remasters.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
I loved the original two games but when I played this on ps now (downloaded) it felt incredibly sluggish, to the point of not being enjoyable. And I say that having completed rdr2 and the original games.

Has this ever been addressed in patches? Or does this new version run fine now?

May 18, 2018
Was about to ask if I buy Gold Edition on PSN, would it receive free ps5 patch and it was confirmed in post just before this one.

Was about to buy @ £15.79 UK but deal is until 23/6/21 so if update is 18/6, I might as well wait to see how it runs and if input lag on controller isn't still shitty like in R* games.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Was about to ask if I buy Gold Edition on PSN, would it receive free ps5 patch and it was confirmed in post just before this one.

Was about to buy @ £15.79 UK but deal is until 23/6/21 so if update is 18/6, I might as well wait to see how it runs and if input lag on controller isn't still shitty like in R* games.

The gold edition is £16? Where?

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I upgraded on Xbox serie x but dlc can't be started. I'uninstalled and installed again doesn't change anything. Am I the only one ?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I upgraded on Xbox serie x but dlc can't be started. I'uninstalled and installed again doesn't change anything. Am I the only one ?

I think you have to download them again. I'm just trying out how to start them right now, clicked on DLC and it redirects me to the store, there I click on one of the DLCs and it tells me it isn't installed.

nO1OV5D.jpg

But on the games overview it says it is?

gBvf8Rk.jpg

Maybe the patch didn't updated the DLC to the new version and the in-game download does? I will test it right now and update the posting.

Edit:

Nope, it just doesn't work, this menu will always show the DLC as not installed even if it is and therefore the game acts like you haven't installed it.

Its broken.

Dictator This is something you could inform the devs of, could you play the DLC?

Last edited:

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think you have to download them again. I'm just trying out how to start them right now, clicked on DLC and it redirects me to the store, there I click on one of the DLCs and it tells me it isn't installed.

But on the games overview it says it is?

Maybe the patch didn't updated the DLC to the new version and the in-game download does? I will test it right now and update the posting.

Edit:

Nope, it just doesn't work, this menu will always show the DLC as not installed even if it is and therefore the game acts like you haven't installed it.

Its broken.

Dictator This is something you could inform the devs of, could you play the DLC?

I'm having the exact same problem. Physical disc + expansion pass and everything shown as installed in MS store and in my dashboard, but still locked in the Chapters menu. Someone on Reddit mentioned starting a new game, saving and then going back to the menu, but I haven't tried that yet.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I'm having the exact same problem. Physical disc + expansion pass and everything shown as installed in MS store and in my dashboard, but still locked in the Chapters menu. Someone on Reddit mentioned starting a new game, saving and then going back to the menu, but I haven't tried that yet.

Nope doest work, tried it.
Expected it to not work, cause it makes sense to what I discovered with the game simply not recognizing that you have any DLC installed, you can check that out for yourself by simply clicking on DLC and then on one of both DLCs and manage (or whatever it says for you), it then says it's not installed.

Last edited:

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Got the PS5 version arriving tomorrow. Quite looking forward to it, I had a good time with the previous two but just never got around to playing Exodus, the new Stalker trailer got me in the mood.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
Dictator do you think you'll have the opportunity to get a look at the PS5 version in the coming days? You've already spent a lot of time with the game already and must have a lot of other stuff in your pipeline so I wouldn't really expect it.

Appreciate the extensive coverage anyway! Very informative as is.

I'm wondering if I need to pull the plug on the Gold Edition PSN sale or if I should wait for a Xbox price drop. I'm expecting the PS5 to perform very similarly albeit at a slightly lower res (as we've seen in multiple games so far), but this hypothetical res drop may be a step too far for me.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I'm wondering if I need to pull the plug on the Gold Edition PSN sale or if I should wait for a Xbox price drop. I'm expecting the PS5 to perform very similarly albeit at a slightly lower res (as we've seen in multiple games so far), but this hypothetical res drop may be a step too far for me.

I'm normally a "100% multiplatform on Series X" guy, but I do regret the Xbox purchase a little bit. So far the DLC detection is broken and DLC simply doesn't work and if you don't have an HDR TV, the SDR picture is completely messed up with raised blacks from hell.
I'm at least pretty sure the DLC problem won't be a thing on PS5.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
I'm normally a "100% multiplatform on Series X" guy, but I do regret the Xbox purchase a little bit. So far the DLC detection is broken and DLC simply doesn't work and if you don't have an HDR TV, the SDR picture is completely messed up with raised blacks from hell.
I'm at least pretty sure the DLC problem won't be a thing on PS5.
The DLC issue may very well only be a problem because the game is not supposed to be out yet. The DLC licence may be invalid until tomorrow - I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Rock Howard

Oct 28, 2017
Sad that RT reflections are missing after that glory that is Ratchet & Clank but hey, this is a truly mind blowing upgrade nonetheless

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
It's playable on Xbox, why didn't they release the PS5 version?

Neither are supposed to be out till tomorrow. The Xbox update was pushed early for some reason.

It's not a simple update on PS5, it'll be a whole new SKU, so assuming there's no chance of that dropping early. It'll be dictated by the release date in the store.

dd492941

Oct 28, 2017
I couldn't get into the first two for some reason. I really like the vibe of these games but something didn't click with me. Would this one change my mind?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Would anyone recommend changing the FOV on the cnew console versions? It looks fine as it is but the setting says it's the narrowest it can be, which makes me thinking. 😅

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Does XSX have any graphical advantages compared to PS5?

From pixel counting a scene in the trailers, the X should have a ~25% base resolution advantage on average. Particular scene was 1224p vs 1080p. Otherwise, all the settings looked the same to me.

I'm been playing on my S. Lighting looks great. The IQ is mostly fine. The most distracting part are the temporal artifacts and pixelation around alphas in bright lights.

Completely playable end to end, and the 60 fps + accurate lighting makes it best experience on Metro I've had on consoles. I'm assuming the PS5 and X versions are much superior.

Last edited:

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Is aiming supposed to be terrible in this game? I wonder if I can turn off aim assit.

Otherwise I'm really enjoying it. Just finished the Moscow level.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
This got my fan on the series x going like I have never seen. Literal jet engine, huge amounts of air being pushed through.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
This channel's main quality is speed. The resolution numbers are wrong for the X. According to Dictator, ~1500p is the usual native resolution. 1700p+ moments are rarer.
It's a question of how you choose to count the "average" resolution, the optimal method is selecting frames at random counting on them and select the median on that sample.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
That doesn't sound right. From what I've played it's dead silent my end.
Same. Playing the game on my PC (5600x/RTX3080) on the other hand, at an unlocked framerate, well that gets really loud. Despite the foliage pop-in and lesser IQ, I actually prefer playing this on the XSX as there's slight micro-stutter on the PC version which I can't eliminate, XSX is butter smooth.