• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I play in Russian, damn the American accent... that s unsettling when you keep hearing it.

I sadly did not find the brothers' thingy, that s my regret.
I had sekiro feels for one of the endings...
Otherwise, it was ok, I liked a lot the new sidekick.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone finished this and can help me? I appear to be stuck in a room with a switch I should be able to use, but can't. No way out.

Apologies for the crappy pics, getting screenshots off PS4 is too annoying.

This is in the bunker, trying to get the nuclear fuel. I got into this room by crouching through a vent, and the room on the other side of the grate is full of the spiders that hate light. I also can't pick up the extra gas cartridge on the side. Glitch central...

spunUht.jpg

zFHi7KZ.jpg

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
Has anyone finished this and can help me? I appear to be stuck in a room with a switch I should be able to use, but can't. No way out.

Apologies for the crappy pics, getting screenshots off PS4 is too annoying.

This is in the bunker, trying to get the nuclear fuel. I got into this room by crouching through a vent, and the room on the other side of the grate is full of the spiders that hate light. I also can't pick up the extra gas cartridge on the side. Glitch central...

spunUht.jpg

zFHi7KZ.jpg
There should be a lift behind you iirc.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There should be a lift behind you iirc.

There is a lift, but there's nothing to interact with - the doors of the lift are closed. I assume the switch is what activates the lift.

I managed to fix it - by restarting that level, luckily I had a save before you enter that area. The only thing I did differently this time was flicking a switch early on where the Captain says "it was worth a try!". Perhaps there is a scripting issue.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I don't know but it's unreal. It feels like it takes 5 minutes to load a save.

Its kinda buggy as well. I did something at the end as a big story choice and the game did opposite :D geez, but overall i had fun... i wish next metro game wouldnt use bigger open areas than these in here, with maybe one exception ala lost legacy.

Hope we return back to narrow corridors and metro, thats where the game shines best.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Sniper encounter is so frustrating on ranger hardcore and makes the lack of prone extra apparent. 3 shots left, 5 plus enemies and super finicky crouch dodging

Game still looks amazing a year later on pc tho.

Edit: forgot I had throwing knives so nevermind about the ammo woes at least lol

Last edited:

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
They are kinda of lucky not many people are playing this, it's a bigger mess than the base game.

mickcenary

Oct 27, 2017
That Batwing fight is one of the most poorly designed encounters I can remember in years. Just awful.

mickcenary

Oct 27, 2017
Don't rush it. Just pew pew a few times. Keep repeating. It is sort of a scripted fight.

Oh, I got it done on the second go, but man, it wasn't fun nor well designed. Bad animation, weird wayfinding, guesswork hitboxes... I reckon there were at least two instances where I asked myself, "Do I just keep shooting it, or is there some hidden mechanic I'm missing here?"

Not to mention, Metro just doesn't hold up enough as a shooter to be throwing powerful flying enemies at you.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Oh, I got it done on the second go, but man, it wasn't fun nor well designed. Bad animation, weird wayfinding, guesswork hitboxes... I reckon there were at least two instances where I asked myself, "Do I just keep shooting it, or is there some hidden mechanic I'm missing here?"

Not to mention, Metro just doesn't hold up enough as a shooter to be throwing powerful flying enemies at you.

Yea I had the same confusion for a bit. It's a weird fight, because the rest of the game is not really that scripted so you don't expect this one to be either. :)