• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Available now for PS4, Xbox One, PC (Epic/Steam) and Stadia.

www.vg247.com

Second major expansion expansion for Metro Exodus drops today

Sam's Story, the second major expansion for Metro Exodus, is now available as part of the Expansion Pass. It can also b…

twitter.com

Metro Exodus on Twitter

“Here are the #MetroExodus Sam's Story unlock times for tomorrow: 🕛 PlayStation Europe: Midnight in your country 🕗 PlayStation America: 8AM PT / 11AM ET 🕛 Xbox/Windows Store: Midnight UTC 🕘 Epic/Steam/Google Stadia: 9AM PT / 5PM UTC”

Microsoft Store Link

Last edited:

the_fastbuck

Oct 28, 2017
can anyone confirm a price? looks to be more extensive than the first dlc which was $7.99.
EDIT: thanks op for the price update. hadn't seen it!

Last edited:

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone play this yet? How is it?
I still have the last quarter of the main game to finish, along with the first DLC - just want to know if the final thing I should play should be the end of the main game, or one of the DLCs.

You should finish the main game first. The second DLC plays after the ending. The first one is a "side story" during the last third of the game.
So far the second DLC seems to be far bigger than the first one.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, it is amazing how well DLSS is aging! It was rather underwhelming when the game originally released, but now? I'm very impressed.

2160p native
2160p DLSS

Because when the game is removed from game pass, you have the DLC but not the Game?
It makes more sense to play the base game on Game Pass and then wait for a good game + dlc bundle down the road imo.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Because when the game is removed from game pass, you have the DLC but not the Game?
It makes more sense to play the base game on Game Pass and then wait for a good game + dlc bundle down the road imo.

Or, play the game via Game Pass, buy the expansions, play the expansions, and move on with your life. 🤷

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Played a bit,pretty standard Metro stuff so far,map looks similar in size to Volgar/Caspian....not far in though,Sam is fully voiced so that's nice.

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
When you get to the cinema there's a path around to the side that leads you outside of the playable area. It's a staggeringly large area that you can freely explore. Really cool glitch.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The performance at the beginning was pretty bad for me, ran much worse than the base game.

Sam quips far too much after looting random stuff as well.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, performance after the introduction gets a lot better.
Found the night vision googles, but now I have nearly no ammunition left. cool.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm still getting poor performance and massive black crush compared to the base game. Why is this such a shitshow technically.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have any tips for HDR in this game? There's always been a lot of black crush in HDR on this game but it's been manageable however this DLC is almost unplayable. No way to toggle off HDR or adjust anything but gamma which just washes out bright detail while still crushing dark areas. I know the issue isn't my TV, I've spent a lot of time dialing in my settings. I really don't want to have to turn off HDR on a system level.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
How are people finding this?

Are both DLCs worth it? They don't LOOK amazing but I'm such a big fan of Metrodus I might dip

Two colonels is short (one to two hours) and you only use the new flamethrower in a couple of sections, but its writing and narrative are really good. Sam's Story worth it for its gameplay and it's fairly long (5-6 hours I think).

Both DLCs should be played if you've beaten the game, though.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Thanks, I should really give these a go. Loved the first 2 but Exodus didnt really do it for me, maybe this DLC being Exodus in a compact form will be good.
The first dlc was underground but was also very different to the older Metro games as it revolved around the use of a single weapon with a specific use,it was also pretty short....under 3 hours.
I'm enjoying the new dlc,it's not doing anything the main game didn't yet,but I'm fine with that.....the map has lots to explore.....it's more Metro Exodus.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
6 hours is damn short for second expansion, I was expecting something more along the lines of 10-12 hours to do everything.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
so their is only two expansions one 8 bucks this one 18 so the expansion pass is only 1$ less than the DLC by itself?

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Really disappointed by this DLC. It's a lot more linear than I was expecting - there's brief bits where you can explore a slightly wider area, but it's nothing compared to the desert in Exodus.

The constant beeping of the detector is driving me nuts. Navigating the buildings is confusing, and the constant beeping for a pickup that's 4 floors above you... And the Bat boss can absolutely get in the bin. The long load times on PS4 Pro are painful, especially when accidentally tripping a mine that kills you.

The new gun is nice and some enemy encounters feel very open - sneaking in through the back works well. Not finished yet, but it's starting to feel a little bit like a slog.

But the world is still great, and the art is lovely. The 'fugly' farmers are particularly scary buildings.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Does anyone have any tips for HDR in this game? There's always been a lot of black crush in HDR on this game but it's been manageable however this DLC is almost unplayable. No way to toggle off HDR or adjust anything but gamma which just washes out bright detail while still crushing dark areas. I know the issue isn't my TV, I've spent a lot of time dialing in my settings. I really don't want to have to turn off HDR on a system level.
HDR doesn't work properly with DLSS on this game. If you've got both on, turn one off.