• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's your favourite Metropark?

• Delhi Metropark or Dexter-Huron Metropark

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Hudson Mills Metropark or Huron Meadows Metropark

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Indian Springs Metropark or Kensington Metropark

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Lake Erie Metropark or Lake St. Clair Metropark

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Lower Huron Metropark or Oakwoods Metropark

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Stony Creek Metropark or Willow Metropark

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Wolcott Mill Metropark or Thor the Dark World

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
No real connection to the old name but fuck DTE, so any other name is better. (well other than little caesars).

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
m.metrotimes.com

Metro Detroit’s drinking water is unsafe, and it’s not just lead

Flint and Benton Harbor aren’t the only Michigan communities that have been plagued with tainted drinking water. Metro Detroit residents are unwittingly drinking tap water...

Our water is supply garbage and filled with toxic chemicals. Even if you use water filters it's still not enough to filter out all of the contaminants.
Very cool....
I hope my undersink filter does at least something...

Dark Mantonio

Nov 1, 2017
m.metrotimes.com

Metro Detroit’s drinking water is unsafe, and it’s not just lead

Flint and Benton Harbor aren’t the only Michigan communities that have been plagued with tainted drinking water. Metro Detroit residents are unwittingly drinking tap water...

Our water is supply garbage and filled with toxic chemicals. Even if you use water filters it's still not enough to filter out all of the contaminants.

Is it sad that every time I see this thread bumped my reaction is "great, what is it now"

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Is it sad that every time I see this thread bumped my reaction is "great, what is it now"
At least Covid is looking up.
6bP5F5Q.png

geardo

Oct 27, 2017
Until the next wave happens 🤦‍♂️

Anyways I have a refrigerator filter and one of those lifestraw filters. Better than nothing but will probably do a little research to see if there's any bottled water options that are actually filtered.

Here's a link to lifestraw if anyone is interested: https://lifestraw.com/

Their stuff is better quality than brita at least.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Looks like investors are really bullish about south of 9 mile....
They bought over 80% in the east side....

dyPF6LX.png

www.resetera.com

Investors bought a record share of homes in 2021. See where.

Yes the US has an abundance of land but sprawl isn't the solution. There are plenty of places in the country where you could buy a house for dirt cheap, but would you really want to live in the middle of nowhere? Most people want to live in a metro area near a major city, so the solution is...

geardo

Oct 27, 2017
That was closer to the amount of snow I thought we were gonna get for that huge ass storm a few weeks back

machine

Oct 25, 2017
I had a flight out of Detroit Metro scheduled for 4 pm yesterday. Five hour delay due to the freezing rain. Fortunately we did finally get going but it sucked checking into my hotel after midnight local time. (2 am EST)

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Anecdotally I have been hearing about more Covid cases among my local peers....

State numbers seem to bear that out... 🙃
Anyone know if MI changed anything about how [much] they test?

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Anecdotally I have been hearing about more Covid cases among my local peers....

State numbers seem to bear that out... 🙃
Anyone know if MI changed anything about how [much] they test?

I'll just say that in my immediate circle, this is by far the most people I've heard of getting Covid throughout the duration of the pandemic. Shit, I even got it earlier last month. Thankfully, it was all very minor (I've had 2 shots and the booster) and felt well enough to work from home as I quarantined a few days after I tested positive. But the amount of people I know getting it right now is crazy, and to the best of my knowledge, they're all up to date on their shots as well.

Many of them are teachers and while they're getting it, they also said their classes are half full because the kids are getting it as well. Sounds like wild times out there right now.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I'll just say that in my immediate circle, this is by far the most people I've heard of getting Covid throughout the duration of the pandemic. Shit, I even got it earlier last month. Thankfully, it was all very minor (I've had 2 shots and the booster) and felt well enough to work from home as I quarantined a few days after I tested positive. But the amount of people I know getting it right now is crazy, and to the best of my knowledge, they're all up to date on their shots as well.

Many of them are teachers and while they're getting it, they also said their classes are half full because the kids are getting it as well. Sounds like wild times out there right now.
This tracks with what I'm hearing from many teachers too. 😩

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
www.mobilize.us

Find out How to Sign Reproductive Freedom for All! · Reproductive Freedom for All

Help Reproductive Freedom for All qualify for the November 2022 Ballot by signing our petition! Completing this form does not constitute a valid petition signature. After completing the form, you will receive instructions for signing the petition. To qualify for the November 2022 ballot...

Michigan peeps, please help sign this petition to get this on the November ballot.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
www.mobilize.us

Find out How to Sign Reproductive Freedom for All! · Reproductive Freedom for All

Help Reproductive Freedom for All qualify for the November 2022 Ballot by signing our petition! Completing this form does not constitute a valid petition signature. After completing the form, you will receive instructions for signing the petition. To qualify for the November 2022 ballot...

Michigan peeps, please help sign this petition to get this on the November ballot.

There is also a protest by a bunch of local orgs at 5 today.

📣 ABORTION RIGHTS RALLY TODAY @ 5PM
Theodore Levin Federal Courthouse (231 W Lafayette Boulevard, Detroit)

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
I realized it was cruise season the other day, but I haven't been on Woodward after mid afternoon in weeks, so I've no idea how many of the usual "park and watch traffic while we huff exhaust" types have been out.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care about it at all now that we don't live a couple blocks from Woodward. We made a habit of leaving town cruise weekend when we did.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Guess I shouldn't be surprised the cruise is hated here.
I always enjoyed it since I moved here but I've always been into cars. I'll be at the events Friday night in Ferndale with my kids.

Good thing I bike everywhere….
Now this is what I'd like to do down to 9 mile since it's so close but I have no idea where I'd park my bike with the buggy for the kids behind me.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Now this is what I'd like to do down to 9 mile since it's so close but I have no idea where I'd park my bike with the buggy for the kids behind me.
At your place of work? Maybe they can make some accommodations?
I've been lobbying my employer to lobby the building management to install some bike lockers in the park deck. So far no dice yet.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
At your place of work? Maybe they can make some accommodations?
I've been lobbying my employer to lobby the building management to install some bike lockers in the park deck. So far no dice yet.
While a good idea, I'm remote so nothing close for me.

Looking it up I'm guessing the dot parking garage in Ferndale doesn't have any lockers as well.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
Woodward at night during dreamcruise season is fun.
Just last weekend I saw 6 people get pulled over in less then 5 minutes.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Yo folks,
my good friends sister works for the state in water control & protection. She basically told us to stay the f out of Kensington, the huron river and all surrounding areas.
The PFAS contamination is out of control. It's everywhere, water, soil and all the wildlife is affected. Just don't go visit it anymore at all. You don't want to touch it and definitely not breathe it in. It's highly carcinogenic.
She was not joking and rather upset about the whole thing... In her opinion it was seriously underreported and not taken seriously enough.

this-is.gif

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Yo folks,
my good friends sister works for the state in water control & protection. She basically told us to stay the f out of Kensington, the huron river and all surrounding areas.
The PFAS contamination is out of control. It's everywhere, water, soil and all the wildlife is affected. Just don't go visit it anymore at all. You don't want to touch it and definitely not breathe it in. It's highly carcinogenic.
She was not joking and rather upset about the whole thing... In her opinion it was seriously underreported and not taken seriously enough.

this-is.gif

Well, shit

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Well that's fun.

We've switched to going to Lake St Clair more anyway because of the better playground and splash pad so we'll just continue with that.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I was volunteering last weekend in Clinton Township. Glad I don't work there any more. Sounds like a nightmare.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Oh cool.

Love that.

I live in Clinton township so thats lovely.
For real? Redford here. Ditched wv. Sucks the same group that fucked up fishin in areas before fucked up the huron. Wondering how its gonna affect where I work in Ann Arbor. Were waiting for when it arrives. Was told it wouldn't hit detroit though. Maybe i should switch to bottled water. Sucks cuz detroit had summa the best water in the country according to our lab tests.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Did I miss the memo?
We were driving around Detroit today and within 10 min we saw four different cars gingerly ignoring red lights. They treated them like stop signs. I guess at least they stopped and didn't just smash through. Still wild though.

mantis23

Oct 27, 2017
Did I miss the memo?
We were driving around Detroit today and within 10 min we saw four different cars gingerly ignoring red lights. They treated them like stop signs. I guess at least they stopped and didn't just smash through. Still wild though.

You know the rules around here. No cop, no stop.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
For real? Redford here. Ditched wv. Sucks the same group that fucked up fishin in areas before fucked up the huron. Wondering how its gonna affect where I work in Ann Arbor. Were waiting for when it arrives. Was told it wouldn't hit detroit though. Maybe i should switch to bottled water. Sucks cuz detroit had summa the best water in the country according to our lab tests.

Oh shit haha.

Also interesting to about Detroits water, would have never guessed.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Did I miss the memo?

Like 75% of all suburbanites I've ever known ignore all traffic laws in Detroit because "it's too dangerous" and "I don't want to get mugged." While simultaneously complaining that actual Detroiters never follow the law.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
My girlfriend and i just got back from Dearborn (shoutout to the nice Papaya Fruit Market), and i make her do all the driving in that area because it can be crazy. I hate the southfield fwy the most, its a free for all. She's grew up and learned to drive in that area and she always yells that I drive too "safe" for it.