• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's your favourite Metropark?

• Delhi Metropark or Dexter-Huron Metropark

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Hudson Mills Metropark or Huron Meadows Metropark

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Indian Springs Metropark or Kensington Metropark

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Lake Erie Metropark or Lake St. Clair Metropark

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Lower Huron Metropark or Oakwoods Metropark

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Stony Creek Metropark or Willow Metropark

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Wolcott Mill Metropark or Thor the Dark World

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Shades

Oct 27, 2017
Away from my place in Detroit at the moment, but power got knocked-out in the entire city I'm currently at in Southwest Michigan as well

Seems like a lot of businesses are now back online at least

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
22 hours later and we still don't have power at our apartment.

At my fiancee's dad's in Novi, heavy storm all night, was worried he'd lose power too

LocalA

Oct 29, 2017
We lost power around 3:30 yesterday and DTE has no estimate, but most of Oak Park is out along with adjacent cities, so I'm thinking it's going to be a while before we get it restored, much less an ETA.

Second time in a month, real fun stuff with a heatwave on the horizon. Stay safe Metro-ERA fam!

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Yay, power's finally back. Was packing my sleeping bag to go sleep in the my office.

Maybe I should look into getting a generator. Worried if this repeats in Winter. (Have only had that scare once in the last like 12 years, but still).

LocalA

Oct 29, 2017
Maybe I should look into getting a generator. Worried if this repeats in Winter. (Have only had that scare once in the last like 12 years, but still).

This ongoing outage and last month's outage really has me thinking about investing in a generator. I didn't think I'd need one, since I WFH and after spending a few warm days without AC, I think it'd probably be a good investment.

Finally got an ETA too, Sunday by 11:30 p.m. With how many people are out I wouldn't be too surprised if it's longer than that but it's hard to say.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Well it's been a hell of a day. I was suppose to be vacation. I mean I was on it but had to drive 4 hours home from up north because I lost power too. Which caused my basement to flood as I had no backup for the sump pump. When I got home it was a couple inches. I was in flip flops and it was over my feet.

Stopped in West Branch and spent $700 on a generator. Kids play room in the basement is gone for the moment. Most of the toys we were able to save but basically everything that wasn't plastic is gone. All of the carpet square we had covering that side of the basement are probably toast. I had a friend take them home to try and dry them but I don't think they are saveable. Thankfully on the storage side I had most stuff in totes or was on a shelf unit that was high enough off the ground.

DTE tells me I won't have power till Monday so that's fucked. Thing is I still have power but only like 15%.

geardo

Oct 27, 2017
Losing track of all these random ass thunderstorms. We lost power earlier in the week for about 18-20 hrs. My soon to be sister in law who lives in eastpointe lost power last night and has an eta for Saturday.

They're going to be forced to bury these power lines eventually. Don't see how this is sustainable.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Still no power. Freezer and fridge will need tossed. Been a lil over 2 days now. DTE estimates sunday.

Gonna be a hot one. Occasionally ill have partial power. Basically they get 1 or 2 phases out of 3 so instead of normal power everything has too little, wont run right and the lights glow bright then dim repeatedly as if haunted.
Ah yes. Just enough light to cause a headache.

Wish I had waited to buy groceries...

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Well it's been a hell of a day. I was suppose to be vacation. I mean I was on it but had to drive 4 hours home from up north because I lost power too. Which caused my basement to flood as I had no backup for the sump pump. When I got home it was a couple inches. I was in flip flops and it was over my feet.

Stopped in West Branch and spent $700 on a generator. Kids play room in the basement is gone for the moment. Most of the toys we were able to save but basically everything that wasn't plastic is gone. All of the carpet square we had covering that side of the basement are probably toast. I had a friend take them home to try and dry them but I don't think they are saveable. Thankfully on the storage side I had most stuff in totes or was on a shelf unit that was high enough off the ground.

DTE tells me I won't have power till Monday so that's fucked. Thing is I still have power but only like 15%.

Oh no!

Still no power. Freezer and fridge will need tossed. Been a lil over 2 days now. DTE estimates sunday.

Gonna be a hot one. Occasionally ill have partial power. Basically they get 1 or 2 phases out of 3 so instead of normal power everything has too little, wont run right and the lights glow bright then dim repeatedly as if haunted.
Ah yes. Just enough light to cause a headache.

Wish I had waited to buy groceries...

Damn, that's bad. Any food salvageable at the moment? I can make some shelf space in my refrigerator if you wanna store stuff for a bit.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no!

Damn, that's bad. Any food salvageable at the moment? I can make some shelf space in my refrigerator if you wanna store stuff for a bit.
Nope. Thats nice of you and all but its fine. Its all tossed now. Dte estimate now says by 11:30 sat i should have power.
Since todays my first day off dealin with it ill just head somewhere to hangout today. A mall, some cafes...whatever. just want my ac at this point. Well that and to be able to play axiom verge 2.

Ill live.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a message from DTE today that they finished restoring our power. We've been at my fiancee's dad's, checking the outage map and stuff numerous times a day.

Get to our apartment, catch a neighbor on their way out who tells us the power has been back on since Friday and we shouldn't have trusted DTE's outage map/status.

Sucks.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like youmacon is requiring masks as per the buildings rules. Wonder how many people/idiots will complain.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like youmacon is requiring masks as per the buildings rules. Wonder how many people/idiots will complain.

Otakon went off in DC a few weeks ago with mandatory masks and it seemed to go pretty smoothly. I wasn't there personally but I followed reports from staffers, as I used to staff it from 2006-2017.
Granted, the WEWCC is way bigger than Youmacon's venue so they could afford to space people out plenty.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair these are mostly outdoor events.

But yeah, decided to not go to Youmacon, even though I was planning to wear a mask.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
We happened to be out of town this weekend, so missing the cruise entirely. When we lived just off Woodward, we made it a point to leave town cruise weekend. The weeknights of people camped out to watch traffic on Woodward for two months ahead of time are what really make me roll my eyes.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.youmacon.com

Personal Protection Policy | Youmacon 2021

Many attendees have asked as to the precautions that we are taking for this year’s event. With the current rise and spread of the Delta variant of Covid-19, we are highly encouraging attendees to get fully vaccinated prior to the convention this fall for the general safety of everyone attending...

So things might change as they closer to the event. Only way I'll possibly go is if they get Vtubers as guests

Oct 25, 2017
www.youmacon.com

Personal Protection Policy | Youmacon 2021

Many attendees have asked as to the precautions that we are taking for this year’s event. With the current rise and spread of the Delta variant of Covid-19, we are highly encouraging attendees to get fully vaccinated prior to the convention this fall for the general safety of everyone attending...

So things might change as they closer to the event. Only way I'll possibly go is if they get Vtubers as guests
I still wouldn't have expected Youmacon to so far be putting up more precautions than Motor City Comic Con.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Well we drove 12 mile to Big Beaver on the Dream Cruise. Wanted to get out of the house for a bit so we stopped and got slurpies before. Thankfully our 4 month old passed out and her older brother just enjoyed his slurpie and his tractor game.

Didn't seem as bad as years past.

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh.... there goes that bet I had. I feel bad for that one poster here who has young kids going into schools. Wasn't sure if this warranted a thread or not for how a stupid it is.
www.freep.com

Whitmer: 'No plans to do any broad mandates' around vaccines, masks in schools

A COVID-19 vaccine mandate for state workers isn't on the table, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer said on the heels of the FDA's approval of Pfizer's vaccine.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
Dumb as shit. Needs to remember why she was so popular last year - the people who went to Lansing and threatened her life are not going to vote for her no matter what. Fuck them. Do what's right for kids.

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'm just going to assume there's some insane signaling from the Republicans legislature that they are sitting on the trigger on some horrendous shit

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
school shooting at Oxford High School like an hour ago

I went to that school in the early 2000s. fucking scary how things have changed and this shit is just commonplace now

kukubrew

Nov 7, 2017
Way too close to home. My kids are in Lake Orion elementary and middle school, we're a bit freaked now

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey dumb question, the TCF center has a mask mandate right? Asking because a certain company with about 8000+ workers are gonna have a work party there this weekend and haven't mentioned the fact if or if not masks are required for such event.

Oct 25, 2017
Love dodging my extended family thanksgiving due to someone catching COVID and people wanting to gather, only to go to a funeral last Sunday full of unmasked and unvaccinated people, which I just found out COVID was being spread at. So now both of my unvaccinated parents probably have COVID, along with both of my grandmothers being lonely as well, not to mention the rest of the fallout from the entire thing.
Man fuck everything.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
Hey dumb question, the TCF center has a mask mandate right? Asking because a certain company with about 8000+ workers are gonna have a work party there this weekend and haven't mentioned the fact if or if not masks are required for such event.

It's gonna be a train wreck.
Already getting shit from people around me for not wanting to go.

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be a train wreck.
Already getting shit from people around me for not wanting to go.
I'm not going due to 1) I didn't get a room nearby and dont feel like driving from detroit back to utica at midnight. 2)I'm 100% people will spread covid there 3)I cant get the booster for like another week. Nobody in my area is giving people shit for not going, then again since we're in the reject building that might be why lol. OH and i expect some shit to go down if the building isnt locked down for just our company or our company forgot to mention that "OH yeah ya'll need to wear masks or you cant come in " and have the people who wont wear masks get uppity/upset and cause a scene. (they should know that some city council member did that a month or two ago and was arrested)

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He picked fucking KID rock of all choices. god damn -.- At least the people who went there seem to be not happy.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Love dodging my extended family thanksgiving due to someone catching COVID and people wanting to gather, only to go to a funeral last Sunday full of unmasked and unvaccinated people, which I just found out COVID was being spread at. So now both of my unvaccinated parents probably have COVID, along with both of my grandmothers being lonely as well, not to mention the rest of the fallout from the entire thing.
Man fuck everything.
Ugh that's awful. Sorry you have to deal with that and I hope your loved ones get though it unharmed.

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO.

I can't.

It is the most tone deaf thing I have seen him do.
He may as well have given the finger to half the people that work there.
I'm looking forward to monday. Its gonna be a fun day. Heard people boo'd at the party when it happened (I stayed home)

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious, does this company start with a Q and/or an R?

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
This wind of all things somehow destroyed my central air privacy wood screen I built from scratch. I think it can be put back together at least in the spring. Took my winter cover off too but thankfully that was still in the yard.

Dec 30, 2020
This wind of all things somehow destroyed my central air privacy wood screen I built from scratch. I think it can be put back together at least in the spring. Took my winter cover off too but thankfully that was still in the yard.
Got woken up by the sound of a neighbor's terracotta plant pots sailing off the porch into my wall, followed by the percussion of someone's trash cans merrily skipping down the street.