• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's your favourite Metropark?

• Delhi Metropark or Dexter-Huron Metropark

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Hudson Mills Metropark or Huron Meadows Metropark

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Indian Springs Metropark or Kensington Metropark

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Lake Erie Metropark or Lake St. Clair Metropark

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Lower Huron Metropark or Oakwoods Metropark

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Stony Creek Metropark or Willow Metropark

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Wolcott Mill Metropark or Thor the Dark World

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A 10 minute storm knocked out power to my neighborhood. Thankfully we got partial power so AC works.

Looked like a damn hurricane out there.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
We're right on the edge of a power loss in Royal Oak, I'm assuming, because someone on the next street over has been running a portable generator for the last hour or two since the heavy rain came through. Our power wavered for a second or two and then was fine. Someone my wife works with in Birmingham had some really bad storms there, transformers knocked out and what not.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
lotsa rain in Waterford but nothing real bad thankfully

my sister is down in Southfield, hopefully things are ok there

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going to be I'm Ann arbor tomorrow, where is this art fair?
(Going tubing with some friends near Gallup park) so it might be a fun stop afterwards

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Going to be I'm Ann arbor tomorrow, where is this art fair?
(Going tubing with some friends near Gallup park) so it might be a fun stop afterwards

All around downtown. Main Street, Liberty, State Street, South U will be the big ones.

Take an uber from Gallup and back, parking and traffic downtown will be a mess. Or take the shuttle from Huron High which is next to Gallup.

2021-3-FairsMap.jpg

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
All around downtown. Main Street, Liberty, State Street, South U will be the big ones.

Take an uber from Gallup and back, parking and traffic downtown will be a mess. Or take the shuttle from Huron High which is next to Gallup.

2021-3-FairsMap.jpg
Thanks for the recommendation.
We ended up going, but I still cannot get over the fact that basically everyone has stoped wearing masks feel super weird.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the recommendation.
We ended up going, but I still cannot get over the fact that basically everyone has stoped wearing masks feel super weird.

Nice! They weather has been good today, hope you all enjoyed it.

Might make another trip today if I can. 20-30% of the vendors were closed yesterday.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
Outdoors I'm personally not worried about it but the only crowded things I go to are DCFC matches and I think your average vaccination rate is probably way higher there

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, just saw this. WTF people?
I was seeing people on social media saying it ended up being debris from a car. Not sure exactly what it was yet but if that's the case then at least they were being cautious with it. Still, it'd suck to be stuck on 75 up there for hours just waiting for that stuff to clear out

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Anyone that has WOW! they are turning on data caps in October which is ass. You can see how much you are using on your profile if you log in. Guess I'm going to have to see how much I actually use now. I have no idea about other companies in the area if I need to switch. AT&T I know doesn't have anywhere close to the speed I have with WOW! in my location.

q3Q9KaQ.png

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2.5 TB is fine for me. Thankfully that means I've got time to install whatever big ps4/xbox games for their current gen counterparts to external hard drives before that happens. I don't know how much 4k streaming takes though for certain stuff.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Well fuck you wowway. I only have 1.5 TB. Though I have no idea what I use on average as their site doesn't show history.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm looking at my WOW usage data, and I see that I'm at the 1.5 TB limit tier. I was under the impression I had the best package they offered, but judging by their offers, there are two higher tiers than what I currently have, and the highest tier is $30 cheaper than what I'm currently paying! WTF? I need to contact them because this seems like bullshit.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
So I'm looking at my WOW usage data, and I see that I'm at the 1.5 TB limit tier. I was under the impression I had the best package they offered, but judging by their offers, there are two higher tiers than what I currently have, and the highest tier is $30 cheaper than what I'm currently paying! WTF? I need to contact them because this seems like bullshit.
Yea I too noticed a while back there are better plans for cheaper, but I am still locked in till the term is up... 🙄

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone here (perhaps unwisely) plan to attend any of the conventions coming up? RenFest, MCCC, and Youmacon. The only one I may feel comfortable with is the RenFest just due to being outdoors but even then they have had plenty of issues with public health in the past.

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, when I called I wasn't in contract anymore and was able to go from 200 to 500 for about $5 less after auto pay(and I'm still not in contract)

Does anyone here (perhaps unwisely) plan to attend any of the conventions coming up? RenFest, MCCC, and Youmacon. The only one I may feel comfortable with is the RenFest just due to being outdoors but even then they have had plenty of issues with public health in the past.
Going to Renfest, I've never been to MCCC yet, and I don't trust youmacon in the slightest (aka I don't trust the hygiene deficient crowds to take covid seriously)

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I too noticed a while back there are better plans for cheaper, but I am still locked in till the term is up... 🙄
There's no way I could still be in any kind of contract as we've had this same service for maybe 8-10 years. I think I've been getting ripped off through my own inertia and not checking on it. Pretty pissed off right now.

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no way I could still be in any kind of contract as we've had this same service for maybe 8-10 years. I think I've been getting ripped off through my own inertia and not checking on it. Pretty pissed off right now.
Yeah, they won't change the price unless you look. That is the shitty thing, but regardless, I'm still happier with wow over xfinity trash.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Just call and they should upgrade you for free. They just won't tell about any changes they do. When I went to the 1000 plan it was a 3 minute call and they sent me a eero system for free. It was the same issue where I was paying the same amount for a slower speeds since they changed the plans.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm probably going to RenFest. Will likely try to do Comic Con but it's a pretty low priority if I'm being honest.

Was hoping to do Arts Beats and Eats but with delta that may be kicked to the curb. Was at the Ann Arbor Art Fair and that was fine but also was about 3 weeks ago, before Delta really started to ramp up

Dec 30, 2020
Was really hoping to hit Youmacon this year but that's going to be entirely up to the state of the pandemic.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
Just call and they should upgrade you for free. They just won't tell about any changes they do. When I went to the 1000 plan it was a 3 minute call and they sent me a eero system for free. It was the same issue where I was paying the same amount for a slower speeds since they changed the plans.
yeah, I got things sorted and now have the best plan at a lower price. Lesson learned I guess.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
No cons or events like that til next year. I don't trust nerds. I was at the DCFC championship match which was around 9,000 in attendance but that crowd is more compliant than most

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Well our 2 years are up and I called them because the regular price (not the first year one which always comes across as false advertising anyway) on the website for 200 is $45 and we are now paying $55, but they would not budge on lowering my monthly payment. "the $45 is only for new customers"... 🤬
But looking at alternatives everyone else is still quite a bit more expensive... Any recommendations?

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well our 2 years are up and I called them because the regular price (not the first year one which always comes across as false advertising anyway) on the website for 200 is $45 and we are now paying $55, but they would not budge on lowering my monthly payment. "the $45 is only for new customers"... 🤬
But looking at alternatives everyone else is still quite a bit more expensive... Any recommendations?
Wow, maybe it was the person you talked to because I'm again on a no commitment plan for 500 for $45 (after that discount for auto pay)

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
Our tiny street in Royal Oak has underground wires, so we were ok, but the streets around us lost power and it's still out, judging from the hum of someone's generator still going a street over.

machine

Oct 25, 2017
My power went out this morning at 7 AM. It was rough not being able to make coffee. Hopefully the power comes back soon.

Oct 25, 2017
Got our power back here at around 1am last night, just in time for the rain to roll in again. Very thankful to have two retirement homes nearby putting the street on a somewhat priority grid.