• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's your favourite Metropark?

• Delhi Metropark or Dexter-Huron Metropark

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Hudson Mills Metropark or Huron Meadows Metropark

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Indian Springs Metropark or Kensington Metropark

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Lake Erie Metropark or Lake St. Clair Metropark

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Lower Huron Metropark or Oakwoods Metropark

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Stony Creek Metropark or Willow Metropark

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Wolcott Mill Metropark or Thor the Dark World

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

LocalA

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else hear anything about a lockdown happening starting tomorrow and lasting for 3 weeks?

No, and I'd treat something like this as a rumor or misinformation until a press release is posted by the governor or a local/state-based news source leaks that a stay at home order is being floated by the governor and could happen on [x day].

Gov. Whitmer appeared a lot in the media early during the pandemic and most of the news sources in SE Michigan were ahead of the stay at home order at least days, if not a day in advance of the press conference that announced the order.

Basically TL;DR - don't assume it's coming until it's announced, but it's okay to have some slight concern. Early on during the pandemic, I saw a bunch of misinformation spread by colleagues that had lots of big "uncle at nintendo" energy so just look out for citable sources.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm thinking we will hear something this week about a suggestion for all businesses to have workers work from home if they can. I don't know if this was ever lifted as a suggestion. My work place had us home from April to July. I am hoping to just be remote only as soon as this week so we have only one point of outside contact in my house. My managers have a big meeting tomorrow so I'll know then. Stay safe

kukubrew

Nov 7, 2017
Looks like high schools and colleges going remote only till the 6th of December. No dine in either.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit

machine

Oct 25, 2017
Pour one out for a good one. I'm been listening to 89x for a long ass time. Even when I lived in Ohio I could pick it up across Lake Erie.

www.google.com

Detroit-Windsor's 89X changes format, warns fans they're 'probably not going to like it'

The Windsor station, which broke big during the alternative-rock heyday of the '90s, announced that current fans probably won't like what's coming.

They haven't been very good for a long time though. First they lost Dave & Chuck and then they fired all of their talent. i can't even tell you who the DJs are anymore and the last time I listened they had transitioned from good alternative rock to terrible (IMO) rap rock and nu metal.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
Quit listening to 89X a looooong time ago, but why not just say what their new format is? Who is seriously gonna tune in just to find out?

Dark Mantonio

Nov 1, 2017
Pour one out for a good one. I'm been listening to 89x for a long ass time. Even when I lived in Ohio I could pick it up across Lake Erie.

www.google.com

Detroit-Windsor's 89X changes format, warns fans they're 'probably not going to like it'

The Windsor station, which broke big during the alternative-rock heyday of the '90s, announced that current fans probably won't like what's coming.

Wow, the end of an era. Used to listen daily back in high school, but moved on from that type of music long ago. It's still on my presets but mostly out of habit.

Birdito

Oct 30, 2017
End of an era, that sucks. I can't say I'd listened to it much when I visit home, I generally keep 105.1 on because it's fun, but no other rock station is ever as appealing to me.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
All six spots on my car radio are per-programmed with Michigan Radio, so that no one gets any cute ideas about switching them. 😛

Birdito

Oct 30, 2017
I've got a set of Toronto area radio presets and a Detroit area set, and when I visit I tend to flip around and see what changed formats, etc. Throw one on the pile.

Oct 29, 2017
Podcasts and Spotify for me. Podcasts killed the radio star? Dave and Chuck are gone? I never listened to them but their billboards were all over.

TAFAE

Aug 27, 2018
Michigan
I feel like 89X has been bad the entire time that I have lived here (7 years now, wow). If I'm listening to terrestrial radio its either NPR or 105.1. Wild that they can't announce what the format change is besides that they think it will make their listeners mad lol.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Wild that they can't announce what the format change is besides that they think it will make their listeners mad lol.

"Hey everyone exciting news we are making some changes here and we care super excited about them. Fans of the station you'll hate them though, tune in tomorrow to find out!"

tenor.gif

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
Stop! by Jane's Addiction will be 89X's last song, which was also the first song they played.

Aaand it's now yet another country station. Barf

93.9 The River is now a Top 40 Virgin Radio branded station.

Last edited:

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
Another country station? LOL. Ah well. I haven't listened to local radio in years, what with my phone and satellite radio. Nothing local caters to my musical interests anyway.

Oct 29, 2017
Wow. Country is kind of the new pop as of 7 years ago in my opinion. Shame but I guess rock doesn't have huge staples anymore, it's mostly splintered off

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
No thanks. 1 country station on my pre-set is enough for me.

At this point having to have 5 pre-sets in my truck is too much. Guess I'll continue to stick with my podcasts and 97.1.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So anyone get any good deals from family video since they're now closing?

Oct 29, 2017
I was thinking that as well. I have 2 near me and I bet they have Switch games on sale. Maybe. When does the sale start? Now?

Looks like they sell CBD oil too

Last edited:

LocalA

Oct 29, 2017
I thought I read that today (1/6) is the last day they're offering rentals and then a liquidation company is taking over afterwards, until the end of February or when inventory's sold out, whichever comes first.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Friend of mine got hyrule warriors age of calamity for $30. I went and got some foreign movies I wanted to watch.

Oct 25, 2017
Over the past year I've watched an Art Van store turn into a Loves and soon a Value City. I wonder who is going to buy that glass box building in Canton once Loves is gone.

matcha pocky

Oct 27, 2017
Over the past year I've watched an Art Van store turn into a Loves and soon a Value City. I wonder who is going to buy that glass box building in Canton once Loves is gone.
Pretty sad seeing that place get shuffled so fast all the time but also don't know what they were thinking opening it next to ikea lol