• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's your favourite Metropark?

• Delhi Metropark or Dexter-Huron Metropark

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Hudson Mills Metropark or Huron Meadows Metropark

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Indian Springs Metropark or Kensington Metropark

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Lake Erie Metropark or Lake St. Clair Metropark

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Lower Huron Metropark or Oakwoods Metropark

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Stony Creek Metropark or Willow Metropark

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Wolcott Mill Metropark or Thor the Dark World

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

GreenMonkey

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
I don't care if stuff is getting opened or not. Nothing has changed from March besides a bit better testing capabilities and more available essentials (masks, sanitizer, wipes, etc), and one beta treatment that maybe reduces your hospital stay.

I'm not going to any restaurant any time soon. I'll stick with takeout and honestly probably probably will do less of that given restaurants are gonna have customers infecting workers again.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Yeah, we're in no big rush to go back to restaurants (Not like we were going that much anyway with a 1.5 year old) so opening back up doesn't change much for us. I was already 100% WFM and my wife already has been told they won't go back until at least 2021 but she was doing 3 days a week WFM before this.

I'll continue to do our Saturday night take out from local places around the area.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
[/QUOTE]
I'm not planning on going to any sit down restaurants regardless.
Just to put this out there. Protest today scheduled for Royal Oak city hall at 4 PM. It's organized by Power Detroit which I've ever heard of.
I went, just north of 100 people I'd say.
Probably the most peaceful protest imaginable. Police was handing out water and doing their best to be helpful. The organizers seem to work towards close ties between the black and police communities.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
How's everyone holding up?

If anyone needs a sweet new poster, AOC has you covered.
shop.ocasiocortez.com

Hart Plaza GND Poster

Union made in USA 18 x 12 Artist: Gavin Snider Creative Director: Scott Starrett Detailer: Dayi Tofu, Maria Arenas
sLbSgaC.png

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Trying to keep sane Flix. How about yourself?

Whitmer (and locally here Washtenaw county too) has done a great job. But am starting to get worried about the trends reversing.
We're doing good. Overall MI cases are down. However I worry that will breed overconfidence... And in the west of the state it seems like no one is taking it serious.

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
Stony is my choice on account of the already decent mountain bike trails and the-currently-under-construction trails that all signs point to being excellent.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We're doing good. Overall MI cases are down. However I worry that will breed overconfidence... And in the west of the state it seems like no one is taking it serious.
It is breeding some overconfidence. I can feel it.

Also the West side of the state is heavy on tourism for the summer. So you can see where taking it serious and money blurs things.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doing alright. All things considering it could be worse. Looking forward to whenever hangouts are possible to actually meet up with you guys since I was always busy during the previous hangouts.

Deleted member 51957

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
My partner has to go back into work two days a week. I'm still at home full-time. Both just thankful we have jobs and our health as of now.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm smack right in the middle of it. Wayne - Macomb - Oakland ...and the mood right now is sour and somber from my perspective. Everywhere I go I still see people without masks and going to fuckin house parties. Its upsetting.

Stoney Creek is my pick. Im gonna go there this summer.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm smack right in the middle of it. Wayne - Macomb - Oakland ...and the mood right now is sour and somber from my perspective. Everywhere I go I still see people without masks and going to fuckin house parties. Its upsetting.

Stoney Creek is my pick. Im gonna go there this summer.
Yeah, i'm in clinton township but damn are people not wearing masks (except thankfully every parent with a child i've seen is wearing one) but man... does it suck going into a kroger or meijer and then you see people without masks just walking around like nothings going on.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I'm in Detroit near Gratiot and Outer Drive and people have just given up. No masks, no distancing, throwing parties, big family bbqs. I knew that nice, warm weather was gonna cause people to want to do things more but I didn't think they'd just quit being any type of safe.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm in Detroit near Gratiot and Outer Drive and people have just given up. No masks, no distancing, throwing parties, big family bbqs. I knew that nice, warm weather was gonna cause people to want to do things more but I didn't think they'd just quit being any type of safe.
Exactly!! This is what I'm seeing too. All of Detroit and in Troy and Farmington Hills. I lost my pops to this shit and that kind of hurt gives you sensitivity and clarity above all else.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
One of my neighbors takes it as seriously as my wife and I do; my other one is convinced simultaneously that it's no big deal and that she's already had it and it "wasn't that bad" (to which I of course was like, yeah, even if you did that doesn't mean it's that way for everyone.)

I'm supposed to take a SMALL (seven people total) trip to Hubbard Lake at the end of next month and if shit gets too gnarly I'm going to be so fucking pissed. I already am not going to see my coworkers for like two years by the time I do again. I need *some* kind of trip.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, i'm in clinton township but damn are people not wearing masks (except thankfully every parent with a child i've seen is wearing one) but man... does it suck going into a kroger or meijer and then you see people without masks just walking around like nothings going on.

Ya, Clinton Township also, and ya going into either Meijer or Kroger, no one cares anymore.
It's unnerving.

GreenMonkey

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Trying to keep sane Flix. How about yourself?

Whitmer (and locally here Washtenaw county too) has done a great job. But am starting to get worried about the trends reversing.

A local I see.

Here in A2 almost everyone wears masks in the stores. One of the reasons our county is doing ok. But I'm worried. Downtown A2 outside in the street / sidewalks just looks overwhelmingly full. Everyone is at the bar/restaurants. If the outside isn't as safe as people hope it is, we're gonna be in trouble.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
A local I see.

Here in A2 almost everyone wears masks in the stores. One of the reasons our county is doing ok. But I'm worried. Downtown A2 outside in the street / sidewalks just looks overwhelmingly full. Everyone is at the bar/restaurants. If the outside isn't as safe as people hope it is, we're gonna be in trouble.

Yeah, I had to drop by my work to pick up some documents the other day. The farmer's market is back open and everyone's having a picnic in the Kerrytown common areas...

YsFaEJz.png

At least they closed down main street and spread out the tables, so that's good.

geardo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm over in Saint Clair Shores and I'm seeing the same stuff as the rest of you. Everyone just walking around trying to pretend that things are back to normal. It's very troubling. All we can really do is take care of ourselves and our loved ones as best as we can. The situation is beyond fucked at this point. It really shows that there is no solidarity or sense of community amongst americans.

TAFAE

Aug 27, 2018
Michigan
Sure Jim, there are certainly no expert views that state having large groups of people crowded closely together, especially when a significant percentage of those people are either intoxicated or doing a lot of cheering and shouting or both, does anything to spread this highly contagious respiratory virus. Even beyond that, definitely no way that having a smaller group of people (but still probably 100+) get together to play a game that necessitates physical contact between its players could do anything to spread this virus that sometimes manifests without symptoms in its carriers. Nothing could possibly contradict this except for basically every expert view and the vast majority of the evidence available to us.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
I read the full excerpt this morning and FWIW it didn't sound like he expected spectators or not. It's more about them playing at all and them still working towards that. (I still think it's probably a bad idea for them to play at all!)

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else bored? Wanna do some tabletop sim later today? I figure trying to do board games physically in a park somewhere isn't distancing.

TAFAE

Aug 27, 2018
Michigan
This might be relevant to most of the people in this thread: https://www.henryford.com/moderna-vaccine

The Henry Ford Health System is looking for volunteers for the double blind trial of the Moderna vaccine for COVID-19. For anyone unfamiliar, a double blind study means that you could get either the vaccine itself or a placebo (and neither you nor the people administering the vaccine know which, at least up front). There's much more at the link, but some highlights:
  • You get two shots, about a month apart. You have to complete an online symptom diary for the 7 days after receiving the shots, as well as get monthly phone calls and go to follow up meetings in Detroit 5 times over the next 25 months.
  • It's in phase 3 of the trial, which means that they are assessing efficacy (how well it prevents people from getting COVID-19). Earlier phases already tested the safety of the vaccine and ensured that it produces an antibody response.
  • They're looking for anyone 18 or older in SE Michigan as long as you haven't previously had COVID-19, are currently pregnant, or are immunocomprimised. Special interest in elderly people, people with risk factors for COVID-19 that are otherwise stable, and people who are at higher risk for contracting the disease due to their job etc.
  • The one big downside: you cannot know whether you are in the vaccine or placebo group until the study is finished after 25 months (or sooner if they overwhelmingly conclude that the vaccine is effective). It sounds like if another vaccine is developed before the trial concludes, you can leave the trial to get that vaccine.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I had to travel on Woodward earlier and there were tons of people watching traffic like every other year, and almost no one wearing masks of course.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So when is that second wave suppose to hit? September they say, correct?

We are not ready....

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
At least people will mostly be in their cars so maybe that's a plus? I dunno I'm
up north this week on vacation so I'm away from it this year.

Don't know how places like Hunter House and Duggan's will handle it since those are usually hot spots for people.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
Well, the people in their cars driving aren't the problem, it's the hordes who drag their lawn chairs to Woodward and camp out for hours on end watching the traffic pass. There are also plenty of spots where people gather for impromptu car shows in parking lots of businesses closed for the day.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
However which way you take this. One thing is for certain...there will be a uptick in positive covid cases in Michigan before the month is out. (However great or small it is)

Dream cruise is a multi-national event.

Exagenous

Jan 3, 2018
I went to get some donuts at Avon. A place on woodward just south of downtown pontiac and woodward was lined with people all set up to watch the cruise. I didn't see anyone with a mask.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
The cruise has always come off to me a very Boomer-centric thing, so we'll see how things go the next couple weeks infection-wise. I saw no masks last night either. My assumption is people think being outside means they'll be okay. "I'm only huffing exhaust fumes, not covid!"

Oct 29, 2017
I went over to Woodward near the south end. Saw a couple trucks with trump flags waving behind them. A real estate flag on a plane. Eh, that's about it from here. Kind of what I expected