• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's your favourite Metropark?

• Delhi Metropark or Dexter-Huron Metropark

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Hudson Mills Metropark or Huron Meadows Metropark

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Indian Springs Metropark or Kensington Metropark

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Lake Erie Metropark or Lake St. Clair Metropark

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Lower Huron Metropark or Oakwoods Metropark

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Stony Creek Metropark or Willow Metropark

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Wolcott Mill Metropark or Thor the Dark World

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone familiar with Waterford or the surrounding area southish? Just moved to the south end near west Bloomfield so I'm interested in some of the secret good food places and activities.

My first apartment and I'm living with my first girlfriend. Exciting times.
Go to midtown Detroit and try Urban Ramen if you have a chance. Been there recently, their ramen is Michelin restaurant good. IMO.

Be sure to drive down Big Beaver Road and Hall Road. There are a ton of good restaurants and stores off it in Troy.

Downtown Royal Oak if you're looking for a good night out. Bars, dancing, drag bingo, all the night out stuff is there.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to go to Urban Ramen so bad but I don't want to drive to Detroit just for Ramen. Sigh.

Curse me and my fear of Freeway Driving.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone familiar with Waterford or the surrounding area southish? Just moved to the south end near west Bloomfield so I'm interested in some of the secret good food places and activities.

My first apartment and I'm living with my first girlfriend. Exciting times.

Shangri La is about the only tolerable Dim Sum I've found in this area.

There are some good Indian restaurants in the Farmington hills area. (Kurrys, Namaste, Paradise)

Matsuchan in Canton has decent ramen. Ajishin has some decent udon.

Go to midtown Detroit and try Urban Ramen if you have a chance. Been there recently, their ramen is Michelin restaurant good. IMO.

Be sure to drive down Big Beaver Road and Hall Road. There are a ton of good restaurants and stores off it in Troy.

Downtown Royal Oak if you're looking for a good night out. Bars, dancing, drag bingo, all the night out stuff is there.

Ooh, Urban Ramen looks good. Might make a trip out this week.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want to go to Urban Ramen so bad but I don't want to drive to Detroit just for Ramen. Sigh.

Curse me and my fear of Freeway Driving.
It's worth it. Its soooooo freaking worth it. I'd drive there everyday if I could.

If you ever go, get extra marinated eggs. I hate the eggs in ramen, but those things we're god tier among eggs.

Their ramen is worth it. Trust me.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I have another stupid Michigan driving question.
On the Michigan left in the U-turn section. The road is typically very wide. Often times cars will be two abreast to turn left when the opportunity arises. Oftentimes cars will queue in just one lane even though there would be room for two parallel cars.
What's the deal? Is it supposed to be one or two lanes?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I have another stupid Michigan driving question.
On the Michigan left in the U-turn section. The road is typically very wide. Often times cars will be two abreast to turn left when the opportunity arises. Oftentimes cars will queue in just one lane even though there would be room for two parallel cars.
What's the deal? Is it supposed to be one or two lanes?

Twin U-Turn lanes have lane markings usually. The wider 'mouth' is so that larger vehicles with bigger turning radius won't have problems.

But in busy roads where the single U-turn entry lane can get backed up, smaller cars do split the 'mouth' for turning. (I use the outside lane if I have to cut across a few lanes to turn right immediately, so someone on the inside can make use of a smaller gap).

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Twin U-Turn lanes have lane markings usually. The wider 'mouth' is so that larger vehicles with bigger turning radius won't have problems.

But in busy roads where the single U-turn entry lane can get backed up, smaller cars do split the 'mouth' for turning. (I use the outside lane if I have to cut across a few lanes to turn right immediately, so someone on the inside can make use of a smaller gap).
So not technically legal but tolerated and widely done?

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Makes little difference to me. If we meet in RO I don't need to drive. 😜 I hate driving.
There is Desert Oasis or Atomic Coffee in RO.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Detroit born and raised, straight from the hood. Went to MSU for school. Family lives out in Milford now, while I'm out in Farmington hills for the time being. Love watching my city transform. Michigan in general (especially the upper peninsula) is just a great place to live. I'll travel all over the world, but always call this place home.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Detroit still has a poor image for outsiders it seems
Shocking that this does not get you onto the list of the most beautiful cities in the world...
1yTYpQt.png