• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's your favourite Metropark?

• Delhi Metropark or Dexter-Huron Metropark

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Hudson Mills Metropark or Huron Meadows Metropark

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Indian Springs Metropark or Kensington Metropark

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Lake Erie Metropark or Lake St. Clair Metropark

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Lower Huron Metropark or Oakwoods Metropark

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Stony Creek Metropark or Willow Metropark

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Wolcott Mill Metropark or Thor the Dark World

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I actually can't this weekend since I have some friends coming in for labor day weekend, but feel free to PM me! That goes to anyone in the thread, I'm sorry I dun know how to multi quote! :'(
Ps. There is a Boardgames meet-up In Ferndale every Sunday at the corner. We went last week. Very friendly crowd. We will be going back.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Still really want to go to LCA. I need to make it happen later in the year when I'm in town

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just posting the musical showings for Arts, Beats & Eats for the weekend. (All-American Rejects is on Friday... Damn, will have to go pick up Astral Chain, get out my work suit, and head down to make it).

Friday

6 p.m. Beatlemania Live!

8 p.m. Foghat

10 p.m. The All-American Rejects

Saturday

5 p.m. Matt Austin

6:00 p.m. Walker Hayes

7:15 p.m. Phil Vassar

8:45 p.m. Randy Houser

10 p.m. Phillip Phillips

Sunday

5 p.m. Melanie Rutherford

6 p.m. Four Tops

8 p.m. Your Generation in Concert

10 p.m. Third Eye Blind

Monday

4:30 p.m. Laith Al-Saadi

6 p.m. Night Ranger

8 p.m. Theory of a Deadman

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Two questions for the locals,

A few minutes ago there was a really loud siren in royal oak, not an up down up down, just a one minute rise one minute hold one minute fall. Really weird and really loud. What was that?

Also what's with the flashing green lights on buildings I've seen it all over the place now, on petrol stations and other buildings a small green flashing light outside, what's the deal with that?

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017

A few minutes ago there was a really loud siren in royal oak, not an up down up down, just a one minute rise one minute hold one minute fall. Really weird and really loud. What was that?

Also what's with the flashing green lights on buildings I've seen it all over the place now, on petrol stations and other buildings a small green flashing light outside, what's the deal with that?
Tornado siren, always on the first Saturday of the month.

Don't know what the green lights are you're talking about.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017

I believe it's part of Project Green Light.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

Every community has to test their tornado sirens the first Saturday of the month during the summer... Probably all you heard

Or the Russians are invading.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Just a heads up for people. A section of I75 from 696 going north is closed this weekend. They are making repairs and bridge work.

Basically every road I take to go somewhere has some kind of construction at the moment.

Ohh and there is a Art Fair in Ferndale. On 9 mile.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just a heads up for people. A section of I75 from 696 going north is closed this weekend. They are making repairs and bridge work.

Basically every road I take to so somewhere has some kind of construction at the moment.

And of course, I have to drive up North tomorrow to my sister's house. X_X

Exagenous

Jan 3, 2018
It starts at like 10p tonight (Friday) or something doesn't it? And ends at like 5a Monday? I think that's what I read.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit

Basically every road I take to go somewhere has some kind of construction at the moment.

I'll be at the art fair today. 🤘

Exagenous

Jan 3, 2018
Anybody know what the big search light is for? I've seen it a couple of times now. A big bat signal type thing spinning around at night. It kind of looks like its in Pontiac or south of Pontiac even.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Hello, cool to see this thread. I'm a Ferndale resident. I'm bad at board games but that Sunday meetup seems cool. Any era meetups planned? Any upcoming Loving touch or magic bag acts people are going to see?
How can you be bad a boardgames? Anyway, as long as you enjoy them and the company who cares if you win or not!

desmondcs

Banned
May 9, 2018
Michigan
New to this thread. Eastpointe resident here. Basically across the street from the Detroit I grew up in. Glad to see more people from the area on the site!

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone been to Detroit Shipping Company? Made a trip out today, lots of great fun food!

wTjFcnH.png

XGEmEyY.png

6VqKEmJ.png

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
DSC is great!

Detroit City FC won away at NY Cosmos tonight and can lock up the only ever Members' Cup trophy Wednesday in Pontiac against Michigan Stars. Either way, the match at Keyworth in Hamtramck on Saturday is going to be unbelievable since it *should* be pretty much celebrating the win on the whole season.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised to see this many local users from the area, if any of ya are going to youmacon(anime con at the rec cen/cobo hall) in a few weeks I'll probably see ya there)

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Question folks, what are good options to get to Toronto? Is there a good train/bus connection from Detroit?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Question folks, what are good options to get to Toronto? Is there a good train/bus connection from Detroit?

I've taken the overnight greyhound a couple of times, rather convenient. Leaves Detroit a little after midnight and gets to Toronto 6:00 AM ish. (thought this was a few years ago, maybe the timings have changed).

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017

You could cross the border yourself and take the VIA Rail train from Windsor to Toronto. It's about a 10 minute drive from the tunnel. Average trip is just over 4 hours, so not bad at all. They have parking where you can leave your car, although I'm not sure how much it is. Round trip tickets usually range between $70-130 Canadian, depending on upgrades.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
tomorrow is the second to last trash day for yard waste pickup so *of course* it's gonna rain all day

I swear to god, leaves are stupid

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Since moving here I have noticed a lot of people ignore red lights when turning left assuming there is no cross or oncoming traffic. In particular on Michigan-left turns.
Every time it surprises me and I am like "bruh, you are breaking the law!" as I have never seen it this frequently or blatantly anywhere else.
What's the deal?

Oct 25, 2017
Since moving here I have noticed a lot of people ignore red lights when turning left assuming there is no cross or oncoming traffic. In particular on Michigan-left turns.
Every time it surprises me and I am like "bruh, you are breaking the law!" as I have never seen it this frequently or blatantly anywhere else.
What's the deal?
It's legal to turn left on red if traffic only goes in one direction, hence why you see it happen at Michigan lefts

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
What's the deal?

?

Turning left from a one-way onto a one-way is legal. Which is the case for Michigan lefts.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone familiar with Waterford or the surrounding area southish? Just moved to the south end near west Bloomfield so I'm interested in some of the secret good food places and activities.

My first apartment and I'm living with my first girlfriend. Exciting times.