• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now all the other metal artists are gonna be digging up their relatives to make instruments out of their bones.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I'm a fan of hollow body guitars.

200.gif

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
that's, uh....that's pretty metal

In fairness I would totally be down with someone doing something like this with my bones when I die. Although, I guess I'd like to at least know beforehand?

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
His uncle was the one who got him into heavy metal.

Plus his uncle originally donated his body to the local college and was medically prepared for the school, so I don't think he was religious or anything.

The article alludes to his uncle being Greek Orthodox, therefore not able to get cremated
"After 20 years, he ended up in a cemetery my family had to pay rent on. Like, literally in a wooden box. It's a big problem in Greece because orthodoxy religion doesn't want people cremated."

Overcrowding in Greek cemeteries is a real problem, most people nowadays only stay buried for 3 years (for which you have to pay rent) before being dug up again and moved.

I also think it's important to know that his uncle died in the 90s, so it's been over 20 years.

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The article alludes to his uncle being Greek Orthodox, therefore not able to get cremated
I thought what the article meant is that cremation is forbidden in Greece, regardless of the person's own beliefs. Greece is an Orthodox country.

If his uncle was against cremation I doubt he would have considered cremating him.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
I thought what the article meant is that cremation is forbidden in Greece, regardless of the person's own beliefs. Greece is an Orthodox country.

If his uncle was against cremation I doubt he would have considered cremating him.
There are crematoriums now in Greece despite pushback from the church, but they were never illegal. Greece is very much a secular country, one of the previous prime ministers swore a secular oath on the constitution (rather than the bible) and without the Archbishop present as is tradition. Soldiers can be sworn in using a holy book of their choice or the constitution. Orthodoxy is just the religion most people there adhere to.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It's all fun and games until you get a little too into the track and wind up smashing uncle Filip over a monitor.

Kumquat

Jan 23, 2018
You can tell who the metal fans are. They are the ones who understand how awesome this is.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
If real, this is the most metal thing I have ever read in my life.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
That's straight out of Brutal Legend!

count me in in the group of "I thought it was just the ashes".

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I thought that was going to be a bit more subtle.

I wasn't prepared for a picture of a fucking ribcage.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was expecting a normal looking guitar made with his ashes or something, holy shit man that's METAL

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I thought it would incorporate cremated ashes or something, not the actual dang skeleton.