• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
What are your favorite metal tracks released in the last few years? If you think this music is awful, I'd love to know what you're listening to.
I'm a metal fan and I hate most of these artists. It's mostly metalcore and I loathe that subgenre 🤷‍♀️

coma

Oct 28, 2017
From the bit of the demo I played the gameplay seems interesting, though I can see it becoming overwhelming for my dumb brain. The voice acting was...not what I expected. If it ends up on Game Pass one day I'll give it another shot.

Corny as in "I don't enjoy metal" or as in "I listen to way too much metal"?
Too much, I guess? I thought Doom was corny too and found it grating towards the end, so...shrug.

What are your favorite metal tracks released in the last few years? If you think this music is awful, I'd love to know what you're listening to.
Probably stuff you would think is awful. So we can agree to disagree.

RGB

Nov 13, 2017
Tapping triggers rather than clicking for the whole demo felt more comfy for me. May be one FPS on PC I actually use a controller for.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
it bugs me that some of the crosshair beats don't hit on the drum beat. listening to metal all my life I constantly tap on the drum beat.

fantastic soundtrack. pretty much everyone I already listen to.

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Really cool, I think I might be too bad to play this though lmao.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This is soooo fucking rad haha. Being a musician and a long time FPS player is paying off!

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Tried this on console and off the bat, the right stick sensitivity felt weird as shit; compound that with the main attack button being on a trigger, I feel like this would be much better playing this on PC. Having to pull a trigger on-beat is just awkward, might be better if mapped to a bumper instead.

That aside, the game was pretty fun and the music is pretty alright from what I played/heard.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
finished the demo just now. What an absolute banger holy shit. i did pretty good too.

novashibe

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Absolutely going to be picking this up on launch. Just an absolute blast to play - I love the little things, like how the shotgun loading tends to time up with the beat. You end up switching between all these weapons and going from the sword, to the shotgun, back to the sword for the ultimate, there's enough variety in how you play with the beat that it just feels really clever, fun and rewarding.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Man, I'm so bad at these rhytmes types of FPS.. this and BPM: Bullets Per Minute are killing me - I just don't know how to shoot and reload at the song's beat.. and I love metal music so this is even more embarrassing and disappointed for me
But the games look and play great though, I just suck at them

misery mired

Apr 2, 2022
was a huge fan of everything except the difficulty of reading enemy location and attacks. i frequently got potshotted from areas outside of my periphery + the boss demolished me

i'm guessing i just need to play it more like doom and move around the arena constantly, but when doing that it's much harder for my brain to process now it should stay on top of the beats

regardless, hope i'm able to improve because everything else about this game is maximum rad

RicJFNas

Oct 28, 2017
I played this demo three time, and I loved it more each time. One thing that I wish they add is that jumping and dashing increased the fury meter. I know you get a bigger dash if you time with the beat, but that's it. Maybe they might add this in the final game.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
What's the song in the demo?

Already downloaded on thursday but still haven't played it.

Oct 25, 2017
From the bit of the demo I played the gameplay seems interesting, though I can see it becoming overwhelming for my dumb brain. The voice acting was...not what I expected. If it ends up on Game Pass one day I'll give it another shot.

Too much, I guess? I thought Doom was corny too and found it grating towards the end, so...shrug.

Probably stuff you would think is awful. So we can agree to disagree.
Yeah no, I get it. I'm an absolute metal nerd and the music in the demo just came across as incredibly basic and uninspired.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
That demo was a ton of fun; I am going to play the shit out of that when it comes out for real.

The only thing that took me out was the voice acting. Jennifer Hale and Troy Baker are obviously talented but having them here just doing their thing pulled me out of the mood and tone the rest of it was going for.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Had a blast with this. I'm pretty awful at Crypt of the Necrodancer, so I was worried I'd have a bad time with Hellsinger. Fortunately I found free movement with the focus being on shooting to be much more manageable.

Only thing I wasn't a fan of was the freaky demon protagonist having a silky smooth cowboy voice.

i personnally prefere how it lookey a year or so ago :

It looks extremely similar to me; what's changed?

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States

Sword might be the way to go for the small enemies. You get bonus points at the end based on the number of slaughters and multikills, and the sword fuckin ravages them with tons of multikills, plus only one hit to stagger them at 16x. This game whips.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Console, right stick felt way too loose.
I didn't bother with syncing and maybe that was the problem. I just could not get in the groove. Maybe calibration would help, but the mood was killed.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Console, right stick felt way too loose.
I didn't bother with syncing and maybe that was the problem. I just could not get in the groove. Maybe calibration would help, but the mood was killed.

You absolutely want to calibrate, it's like playing Rock Band/Guitar Hero. Default stick sensitivity felt maybe a bit too fast for me on Xbox, yeah.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
absolutetly killer. really happy they put out a demo for it because this sold me as a day 1 for it.

really hope they plan to release the soundtrack too. the line-up they have for it is great.

Oct 27, 2017
Tried the demo and yeah it's not my bag. Will definitely give the soundtrack a few whirls though.

Last edited:

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
demo was fun but it's not really my types of metal and there's metalcore in here like Jinjer which i'm not a fan of

i don't blame the devs really it makes sense why they use extremely popular bands/singers from them for such a game, but man oh man is there a much wider selection of metal bands out there doing great stuff that would instantly jump onto a project like this, but maybe the devs can't market it as easily as when you put "Arch Enemy" and the like as part of your marketing of the game

the only bands on here I would say I like is Soilwork and Dark Tranquility BUT their older work… not their newer stuff at all. It's actually just the singers, they use one band to perform all the songs with various singers, but they are all playing this metalcore and typical mainstream style of metal which i just don't like

gameplay wise, the gun rhythm gameplay is fun, but the melee stuff is boring to me

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I need to go to bed but goddamn I already want to give the demo another shot

This game fucking RULES and I'm already hooked on the demo level's song

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I couldn't figure out the timing because I suck at rhythm games but once I started headbanging, it was working!

Metal Hellsinger |OT| HEADBANG FOR MAXIMUM DAMAGE