• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Zeta Ori

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
So without going too much to into spoilers, can all story related achievements/trophies be grabbed in a single playthrough or are there at least two SP playthroughs required?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. My boyfriend just found music from Lunar Knights. I hope there's music from the GBA Boktai games too.

callmeCata

Oct 27, 2017
This game is actually pretty sick. I find almost all survival genre games have pretty trash controls and combat so this solves my main gripe. Glad I gave it a shot despite the click bait.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Alright I think the save system is a little too punishing. Its just not fun to lose so much progress from dying.

Also the game is number 7 on Twitch. Nice. I think good word of mouth will help this game truck along.

Last edited:

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
I've been having a lot of fun with this. The MGS V gameplay core is as great as ever, and I like the Snake Eater-y feel the survival elements bring to this. It's the first survival game I've ever touched so that probably helps too. The always online does bother me for a game so focused on its single player, but so far I really feel like it's a worthwhile experience, especially if you can say, get it at a discount. It's easy enough to find it cheaper on PC.

Story has been fine for what it is. Meaty enough. I can tell it's not actually all that good mind you, but its serves its purpose of feeling Metal Gear-y.

I'm a huge wuss though, I figured I wouldn't find wanderers too scary but uh, I was wrong. They really freak me out, especially in the dust. D:

Tried some online but I've had some trouble getting into matches here, that's always a good sign... The game is divided into a lot of online regions though? Maybe they should simplify that.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Man, just had my first really bad experience in Salvage.

Hard mode salvage. Three person matchmade group. One person AFKs. Another just runs around aimlessly. Waste of time.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Won a copy of the game today from a contest, I wasn't initially going to buy this game but I got about an hour into it. The controls like context buttons being switched from MGSV are really, really messing with me (to put in perspective, I have 400+ hours in MGSV with GZ and TPP). Controller muscle memory is hard to break haha. I'm gonna keep giving this a shot, I'm hoping that I can play things more stealthfully than just straight up action.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man is there a semi complete map online? I'm trying to fill the map and I'm having the worst time running around like a chicken with no head.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
which is a shame because i would take a 100% multiplayer game like that with my friends in a heartbeat
I feel like the end game is multiplayer and the rest singleplayer but I could be wrong. It's stupid, the beta gave the impression this was mp focused but it dishes out the mp content sooooo slowwllyy. You have to put in work for that mp stuff, serious work. 10s of hours of work, just to be able to play what you want to play.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
I'm at Chapter 18 with 18 hours in the game, and it just keeps getting better. There are some enemy types now that can easily bypass your barricades while taking a lot of hits, thus, in my opinion, there's a huge incentive to stealthily assassinate these particular enemies prior to going loud or triggering a base defence.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can you get the missable achievement by reloading an older save file from the cloud?

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god. The daily co-op missions..... if you get an S-rank, you get a random pink drop and each pink drop has randomized perks that you need to unlock...... holy shit this game might have it's claws in me for awhile.....

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Question about the missable achievement:
Since I'm seeing that you can't redo the mission if you protect the weapon, does that mean it is possible to redo the mission if you choose to go home and then finish it by protecting the weapon? Is going home a false end?

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
What's the deal with broken items? Everytime I get a purple item it is always the broken version. Am I missing something? Are they supposed to be worse?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
What's the deal with broken items? Everytime I get a purple item it is always the broken version. Am I missing something? Are they supposed to be worse?
Broken items aren't worse at all.
Broken items when repaired "roll" their stats inside the range that is shown on the item. That means the item can turn out better or worse than a regular crafted item of the same kind.
Of course after the item is crafted it can also be strengthened as well, raising the stats more.

Twinduct

Oct 27, 2017
So matchmaking in South Africa (Africa) Is completely dead. Even after 20 mins of just waiting. Also fuck those ground zombies waiting around, second time they've fucked up me having to save someone.

Deleted member 1777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone any idea how long it takes to unlock
The weapons workshop ? Got the advanced weapons bench but need the workshop for some broken items I have

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
So I rescued the nurse, went off and did a few things after the mission, came back and she had an icon above her insinuating she wanted to talk to me. I interacted with her... and I have no idea what was supposed to happen. I think I received something? She didn't actually talk so I don't know if it was a glitch or not. Anyone have any ideas...?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So I rescued the nurse, went off and did a few things after the mission, came back and she had an icon above her insinuating she wanted to talk to me. I interacted with her... and I have no idea what was supposed to happen. I think I received something? She didn't actually talk so I don't know if it was a glitch or not. Anyone have any ideas...?
When they have an icon next to them, they spout a generic line and it unlocks a side mission on your map

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
So it seems I'm only getting the one multiplayer map. There were two when I played the beta. Is this just a random chance thing or does it unlock later in the game? Also, how many multiplayer maps are there?

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Matchmaking on PC is terrible. It takes ages to find a game and than you have to be lucky that it does not disconnect after couple of minutes.