• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
I am noooot liking the checkpoint system of having to start an entire mission over and running back to it, while also having to regain all your supplies on the way there.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Really enjoying this so far! Could see myself getting severely addicted to it just like I did with Peace Walker. Only real complaint so far is the male AI voice, it is just dreadful and constant.

I can see why some are frustrated with the food and drink mechanics but if you pace yourself and explore out beyond objectives often you should have more than enough to make it by.

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I have to say that I'm enjoying the game, but every once in a while all the systems and the menus clash in such a way that really ticks me off. I can see this game pushing people away very easily.

I've ran into an annoying visual glitch where the face mask for the oxygen tank isn't showing up on my character. He's just breathing the dust in without issue, no matter what I do it just doesn't show up. My character does the animation and all, any solutions?

Are you wearing the cosmetic head items? I was wearing the bandana and I guess it overwrites the mask you wear in the dust.

Deleted member 13364

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How does the wormhole transporter work? One time I was able to press X on a body to transport it, but that's the only time it's showed up.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I've ran into an annoying visual glitch where the face mask for the oxygen tank isn't showing up on my character. He's just breathing the dust in without issue, no matter what I do it just doesn't show up. My character does the animation and all, any solutions?
It's no bug if you are wearing a head accessory like say the eyepatch. That overwrites anything else on your head and also doesn't show the mask

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but how's the game in single-player? I'm curious, but I would love to hear some impressions before committing.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
So after hours of trying to get to grips with mouse and keyboard I switched to controller and never looked back.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Played for a few hours tonight and from a gameplay perspective: I'm having fun. The checkpoint system can be rough though (having to run back to an area is kind of crap). Also, I learned that you only get access to making clean water in chapter 7, so that was kind of a slap upside the head. I've resorted to chugging dirty water bottles and hoping I don't get sick, and if I do, I make sure to have a good supply of that medicine on hand to handle it.

The story is a big ol ball of "whatever" so far. I'm not hating it but I'm also not really loving it either. I actually rather dislike how my character doesn't speak. In some games I'm totally fine with it, but I'm so used to playing as a character with a voice and opinions in the Metal Gear games, which leads me to...

I do feel like the game would have been much better served without the Metal Gear branding. It really should have been its own thing, even if that means losing out on a lot of those nods to the Metal Gear franchise.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
This game keeps on delivering, I just had a WTF-moment, which reminded me of Bloodborne....

tumblr_maogyciqhD1r5pjkqo1_500.gif

Last edited:

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
SO i decide to start it, have to rent they didn't have a lot of copies for selling, because they thought it would flop hard (i can understant that), but got sold out very fast. So 3 hour last night... i freaking like it so far, having a hard time to manage food, and i don't want to "cheat" so thing get a little difficult to manage. The game is also a little more challenging that i have would have thought, that mist was something, no death yet but i 2 time i was at 1 hit to die ! I really dig it so far. Also didn't feel that level scaling also, i'm pretty sure this is only a area thing i've got wanderer with more level then me and previous area seem to still have low level ennemies, so i think it was only my imagination from different video or it really depend of the area, but this is not distracting for loot.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Any word yet on the lack of hairstyle options? I swear the beta had more? I heard something about a currency you can earn from playing the coop mode to buy cosmetics but can't see this anywhere.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Also it feels like the online portion is barely unlocked? There was more stuff in the beta, what's going on... Me and my buddy bought this game solely for the coop missions expecting a tonne more content.

Mitochondrion

Oct 27, 2017
So I redeemed the Survival Pack DLC. Nothing happened after I successfully entered the code. Like with ever other DLC code I redeemed, there is usually DLCs that are downloaded to the PlayStation 4. I checked my purchase history and it is there. I cannot get it to download or do anything.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Ah. So how do you do it with animals?
Punch them out with a sprint punch, lol

Also it feels like the online portion is barely unlocked? There was more stuff in the beta, what's going on... Me and my buddy bought this game solely for the coop missions expecting a tonne more content.

You play the singleplayer to unlock more maps.
The "easy" difficulty also now has lvl 20 enemies.
The multiplayer is not the main draw of the game, the singleplayer is. The multi is to compliment it and to allow for replayability once you finish the singleplayer.
It was basically designed so you'd go into singleplayer, unlock the stuff and then play multi if you want.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a way to increase the weight limit? I'm finding myself over the limit way too often. :(

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
I played a round of MP last night.

-Enemies start at level 20.
-There's quite a few side missions that pop up. The beta had, what, 1 between each round? There are multiple side missions in between and during a round.

Like it was said, single player is the meat of the game, which is why they probably made MP start at level 20.

I was able to get some broken weapon from MP that transferred over to single player, including a rare, broken recurve bow. I couldn't craft It yet since I don't have the materials or the proper bench.

Speaking of rarity, you have uncommon, common, rare, legendary and epic.

There will be survival bags to let you hold more weight as well as gear to carry more ammo.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I go a side mission called distress call and I can't find it. It's in the Dust and near an area where the Dust go away for a bit and there's vultures and wolves. It says it's there and it ''accepts" it, but I don't see anything. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
PC or PS4 Pro guys? The PS4 Pro Version would look better but is also more expensive. Are there enough players on PC?

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm on chapter 10, guess I'll progress the game a bit and wait for those survival bags to show up...

So I go a side mission called distress call and I can't find it. It's in the Dust and near an area where the Dust go away for a bit and there's vultures and wolves. It says it's there and it ''accepts" it, but I don't see anything. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?
Just did it myself, look for cracks on the side of that cliff where the dust is clear, you have to climb that and get the guy at the top.

Alias03

Oct 27, 2017

The multiplayer is not the main draw of the game, the singleplayer is. The multi is to compliment it and to allow for replayability once you finish the singleplayer.
It was basically designed so you'd go into singleplayer, unlock the stuff and then play multi if you want.

I 100% agree with you, but if you go back to Gameplay reveal 2016 (gamescom I believe) they made it seem like the entire game was co-op. I wonder if they bit off more than they could chew and scaled back? Pretty disappointed in what we got in co-op modes for the time being.

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you. Now to wait on some PC version impressions.
I get a rock-solid 60FPS on my setup. I'm just using the default settings, but I didn't look to see what those are, so I can't speak to that unfortunately. I'm playing at 1080p though.

Nvidia GeForce 780 Ti
Intel Core i5-3330 @3GHz
Windows 10 Pro
12GB RAM

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posted my thoughts on the port a little while ago. Is there anything specific you want to know about the PC version?

I get a rock-solid 60FPS on my setup. I'm just using the default settings, but I didn't look to see what those are, so I can't speak to that unfortunately. I'm playing at 1080p though.

Nvidia GeForce 780 Ti
Intel Core i5-3330 @3GHz
Windows 10 Pro
12GB RAM

Great, sounds like an awesome port. Thanks for the info,

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Oh you want to play legitimately? Sure, just keep growing those potatoes. And yes those animals respawn quick.

Do the animals respawn in the same areas that are pointed out with the sub mission circle? Does the circle re-appear when they respawn?

Because if you need to wait for the circle to re-appear, it takes really really long. Like two-three days. I'd be starving by then, even if I cook all the animals out of the three circles that appear.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
so how it runs on pc?
Perfect so far at 1440p 60 fps maxed out on a GTX 1070 and Core i5-4690K, all at stock clocks. Buttery smooth like MGS V.

I'm about 2 hours in and just did my first foray into the dust. This game is no joke at the beginning. Hunger and thirst are pretty easily managed: drink dirty water with meds on hand and it seems like side missions for animals pop up when you don't have any food. The new challenge over MGS V (other than survival elements) is the fact that there are so many enemies watching from every direction which can make stealth a challenge unless you craft lures and perhaps other devices to manipulate where they're looking. I've had some pretty tense moments being chased by hordes of zombies, but I'm starting to figure out some ways to cheese them as you should since they're brainless zombies.

Really enjoying it and looking forward to going back after work!

diablos991

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't think I'd be buying this but I'm such a sucker for loot grind games.

Watched some streams last night and it looks right up my alley since I enjoy fortnite style single player.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom

Huh... well that kinda sucks. I feel a little missold, they gave the impression the multiplayer was the focus with the SP being a side-mode. Me and my buddies basically bought this on the premise of the multiplayer beta being much more fleshed out in the full game with a load more maps, content and replayability etc.

JMTHEFOX

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Perfect so far at 1440p 60 fps maxed out on a GTX 1070 and Core i5-4690K, all at stock clocks. Buttery smooth like MGS V.

I'm about 2 hours in and just did my first foray into the dust. This game is no joke at the beginning. Hunger and thirst are pretty easily managed: drink dirty water with meds on hand and it seems like side missions for animals pop up when you don't have any food. The new challenge over MGS V (other than survival elements) is the fact that there are so many enemies watching from every direction which can make stealth a challenge unless you craft lures and perhaps other devices to manipulate where they're looking. I've had some pretty tense moments being chased by hordes of zombies, but I'm starting to figure out some ways to cheese them as you should since they're brainless zombies.

So glad to hear that the quality of the port is the same as MGSV. I was worried that it will not run as good as that game.

Deleted member 1273

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I mean, I would be worried if it doesnt run perfectly with such a rig.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh... well that kinda sucks. I feel a little missold, they gave the impression the multiplayer was the focus with the SP being a side-mode. Me and my buddies basically bought this on the premise of the multiplayer beta being much more fleshed out in the full game with a load more maps, content and replayability etc.

I'm hoping it continues to expand with DLC and other stuff. There's a lot of potential for it.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
This game is surprisingly fun and frustrating at the same time.

I really wish they had made the story more goofy though, it's trying real hard in that RE5 kind of way instead of the much more fun RE4 kind of way.