• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Has anyone pre ordered it directly from Steam? I would like to know if it supports preload and the size of the download.
No preload, but I heard somewhere that the full download size is sub 20 gigs.

So people have unlocked the additional classes
They are sub classes. You choose one + your base survivor class. The classes are Assault, Jaeger, Medic and Scout. You need to have your Survivor level at 35 and then do a post-story mission where you find a memory board with the classes on it.
Any idea what kind of buffs they have? And can you swap between them after the fact? I mostly only intend to play this with one other friend so I hope I do not get stuck with a role for my main character that I end up disliking.

There's a new MP mode coming in March, and I assume the game will receive regular new content updates so long as it sells decently. But this is very much a singleplayer game. The co-op stuff is basically this game's equivalent of Metal Gear Online.
Where was it announced that there was a new multiplayer mode coming in March? Was it detailed in any way? Really hope this gets significant support.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
No, it's just that the Multiplayer easy missions start enemies at lvl 20.
You can still go in and beat maybe the first wave and then extract and level that way, but the idea seems to be that they want you to play the singleplayer (which also unlocks maps in the MP) and then go into multi once you are a little stronger and learned the game.
Any sense of what the micro transactions are like so far? Mostly cosmetic, boosters or balance breaking stuff?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Any sense of what the micro transactions are like so far? Mostly cosmetic, boosters or balance breaking stuff?
Boosters that give +2% currencies for everyone on your team, character slots if you want to make a new savefile. That's it so far. No cosmetics yet on the store.

Any idea what kind of buffs they have? And can you swap between them after the fact? I mostly only intend to play this with one other friend so I hope I do not get stuck with a role for my main character that I end up disliking.
you can switch them at any time, they are just sub classes. the scout for example can go invisible, the assault can do a battle cry that raises damage, the Jaeger can shoot arrows into the sky that rain down.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where was it announced that there was a new multiplayer mode coming in March? Was it detailed in any way? Really hope this gets significant support.
It's slightly Engrish-ey, so perhaps some judgement should be reserved. The pertinent line is "A new type of mission in CO-OP". Nobody's quite sure what "New type of mission" actually means.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/543900/discussions/0/2860219962101972571/

Regarding future content updates*
February
- Launch Celebration Login Bonus (from Feb 23)

March
- Adding a new difficulty level for Daily Missions (Hard)
- Adding a new difficulty level for Weekly Missions (Hard)
- Adding a new type of mission in CO-OP
- Adding a new event: CO-OP mission with a new rule
- Adding the possibility to change some of the in-game controls
- Changing the personal score calculation so it takes the digger acceleration into account

* The detailed schedule for these updates will be announced later
* Due to development schedule, the schedule may slightly differ
* We will continue to fix the balance and glitch continuously

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
you can switch them at any time, they are just sub classes. the scout for example can go invisible, the assault can do a battle cry that raises damage, the Jaeger can shoot arrows into the sky that rain down.
Well that's disappointing if that's all there is to them.

lcap

Oct 27, 2017
So, just skimmed through the thread and read a lot of positive impressions, I'm a bit on the fence on this one, since it's budget price and has all that incredible metal gear V gameplay.

One question for those who played: As a SP only player, does the game hold up well?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, ignoring all kojima drama and focusing 100% on the gameplay, is this a good sequel/spin off to MGSV?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So, just skimmed through the thread and read a lot of positive impressions, I'm a bit on the fence on this one, since it's budget price and has all that incredible metal gear V gameplay.

One question for those who played: As a SP only player, does the game hold up well?
The singleplayer is very big and actually seems like the main point of the game, with the multiplayer being something the devs can build on in the future.
The first streamer to beat the story portion of the game took around 35 hours to beat it and
is now in post game where new enemies and such await, he is trying to fully explore both maps (only had 50% at the end of story) and is trying to get the "true ending" where you acually go home

lcap

Oct 27, 2017
The singleplayer is very big and actually seems like the main point of the game, with the multiplayer being something the devs can build on in the future.
The first streamer to beat the story portion of the game took around 35 hours to beat it and
is now in post game where new enemies and such await, he is trying to fully explore both maps (only had 50% at the end of story) and is trying to get the "true ending" where you acually go home

Oh, thanks! Looks good enough for me then.

Oct 28, 2017
Does the full game have a decent tutorial? I downloaded the BETA and didn't get more than 20 minutes into it because I had no idea how anything worked or what I should be doing.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Does the full game have a decent tutorial? I downloaded the BETA and didn't get more than 20 minutes into it because I had no idea how anything worked or what I should be doing.
The singleplayer introduces new mechanics step by step and it has the same database tutorials you can access from your iDroid like the beta did.

Big Boss

Oct 27, 2017
Story spoilers sound interesting, don't plan on buying this game but it'll be interesting to see where they take it.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Impression seem very good, other then the scaling that i don't really like , i'm getting MHW fatigue, so I could jump on that one... And for that price...

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Impression seem very good, other then the scaling that i don't really like , i'm getting MHW fatigue, so I could jump on that one... And for that price...
it's not really "scaling". There are areas where the enemies have higher and lower levels. Like you can go to an area when you are lvl 5 where all the enemies are lvl 20. But there is also an area where all the enemies are lvl 5. Then when you level up to say lvl 20, the enemies in the former area are still lvl 20 but the ones that were lvl 5 before are now, say lvl 9. And they can't go higher.

hotcyder

Oct 28, 2017
Capcom should of been a little quicker on getting Monster Hunter World to PC. This might take the crown for me.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
it's not really "scaling". There are areas where the enemies have higher and lower levels. Like you can go to an area when you are lvl 5 where all the enemies are lvl 20. But there is also an area where all the enemies are lvl 5. Then when you level up to say lvl 20, the enemies in the former area are still lvl 20 but the ones that were lvl 5 before are now, say lvl 9. And they can't go higher.

Yeah i know it's not 100% scale, they use a system like Dragon Age Inquisition which is fine by me, also like the fact they are variation on level of the ennemies so it never really feel that they always scaling, which is also fine, this is far from a deal breaker like Fallout 3 or South Park or worse Dead Island, etc. Also i've heard the game was challeging, it help.

Toybasher

Nov 21, 2017
They need to slow the rate hunger accumulates. You die of thirst IRL far before hunger would kill you.

In MG:S they drain at the same rate I believe, and since water is MUCH easier to get ahold of than food, it means you're constantly eating or hunting. Maybe half it or tie it in with what you're doing? It seems hunger and thirst tick down at the same rate regardless if you're lying prone or sprinting. (Current rate should be when sprinting IMHO.)

Also, a way to mute the constant dialogue reminders to eat, drink, and refill your air tank. I know MGSV had alot of tutorial prompts in early chapters like how to mark enemies, how supplies work, etc. but watching a stream, it feels like the various dialogues never stop playing once you get far enough, and just like MGSV if you're listening to a cassette tape (And they removed the rewind/fast foward I think) the dialogue will "take priority" over the tape, both in audio and subtitles.

Add a function to mute them in the sound options. I was watching a stream and I was getting annoyed.

"You're gonna extract HIM?" "BOSS GET DOWN! THE ENEMY SNIPER!" only played infrequently, and the dialogue was maybe a few seconds long, but "Captain, you are running low on air, you need air to breathe, you can refill your air-tank through the idroid. Open the idroid and use Kuban Energy to refill your air-tank" is grating.

They should have just had the classic metal gear "bee-deep...bee-deep...bee-deep" low health/health is draining sound play a few times and the stat blink. Or just have them only play at 5%. Currently it seems they begin to play at 50%

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Can the EU version be played? Just picked up my copy and I'm itching to give it a go.

Alias03

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure this may have been asked before, so I apologize but the CO-OP portions of this game are they only the salvage missions?? I admit I didn't do a ton of research before buying so that's on me, but I was hoping to do actually missions with friends (like the single player ones).

That being said I do think the game is really fun! I just hope there is more to do with friends

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this may have been asked before, so I apologize but the CO-OP portions of this game are they only the salvage missions?? I admit I didn't do a ton of research before buying so that's on me, but I was hoping to do actually missions with friends (like the single player ones).

That being said I do think the game is really fun! I just hope there is more to do with friends
Yes.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017

I think SP is great. You might get frustrated with the hunger/thirst mechanic in the early game but it's well made, IMO.

Just to give an idea on how big the map is, I'm around 10-11 hours in and the map is 37% uncovered.

A few pictures of how many enemies you may come across:

bbs26.jpg

pjslt.jpg

xzsa3.jpg

And here's a random picture I thought was cool:

wysmd.jpg

LoveBug566

Oct 27, 2017
Reading this thread has made me really interested in the game. It's the kind of game that will drop in price quickly in the UK. The best thing about MGSV was the gameplay and this seems to be an extension of that.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ordered it from Best Buy based on the positive impressions here and the crazy deal at Best Buy.

$32 after GCU and it comes with a $10 digital Best Buy gift card.