• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I was on 1.20 and the update is only 240MB for me on PS4.
I'm assuming you have been missing a bunch of updates if it's several GBs. =P

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
I don't know about you guys, but I'm well versed in Hideo Kojima conspiracies. And let me tell you, this is a big one. The gold mine. For you see, Death Stranding takes place in a parallel universe, a subconscious hallucinated reality if you will, of the protagonist we play as in PT. We never see Sam Porter Bridges' long lost partner, because his partner is actually LISA from PT. Death Stranding takes place in an alternate Silent Hill-like reality where Sam must confront being alone and the crimes he committed. But it doesn't end there. By completing Death Stranding Sam effectively "escapes" Silent Hill, which is a construction by The Sorrow / Psycho Mantis to extract information.

This is all leading into Metal Gear Solid 5. Metal Gear Solid V, note the roman numeral, was not a real experience. It is a parallel hallucination of Big Boss that leads into PT that leads into Death Stranding (think dreams within dreams). Hideo Kojima has secretly all this time still be employed by Konami, as Konami has maintained the Kojima Productions trademark. Kojima has been deceptive and let slip in many interviews that the studio has significantly more staff than that which are credited in Death Standing. Why? Because Metal Gear Solid 5, the real one (note the numerical titling), is currently in development and stars Norman Reedus, Mads Mikkelsen, and most of the cast from Death Stranding. Junji Ito is working on the game too, as is del Toro, and it's described as the darkest chapter in the Metal Gear saga, one of which will finally complete the story. The key, they say, is in PT's Lisa. This enigmatic character will link all three digital experiences (Metal Gear Solid 5 x Death Stranding x PT) and is integral to the story as a whole.

I'm speechless...it's all true.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
May 10, 2019
a40.gif

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, I got agreements when I started it up.

Was TPP sharper looking at GZ on Xbox or did they run at the same resolution?

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
There can't be much Fox Engine expertise left at Konami. I'm guessing it's a case of being too unfamiliar to make a neat patch.

DLH

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like someone forgot the --prod option in their build command.

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know about you guys, but I'm well versed in Hideo Kojima conspiracies. And let me tell you, this is a big one. The gold mine. For you see, Death Stranding takes place in a parallel universe, a subconscious hallucinated reality if you will, of the protagonist we play as in PT. We never see Sam Porter Bridges' long lost partner, because his partner is actually LISA from PT. Death Stranding takes place in an alternate Silent Hill-like reality where Sam must confront being alone and the crimes he committed. But it doesn't end there. By completing Death Stranding Sam effectively "escapes" Silent Hill, which is a construction by The Sorrow / Psycho Mantis to extract information.

This is all leading into Metal Gear Solid 5. Metal Gear Solid V, note the roman numeral, was not a real experience. It is a parallel hallucination of Big Boss that leads into PT that leads into Death Stranding (think dreams within dreams). Hideo Kojima has secretly all this time still be employed by Konami, as Konami has maintained the Kojima Productions trademark. Kojima has been deceptive and let slip in many interviews that the studio has significantly more staff than that which are credited in Death Standing. Why? Because Metal Gear Solid 5, the real one (note the numerical titling), is currently in development and stars Norman Reedus, Mads Mikkelsen, and most of the cast from Death Stranding. Junji Ito is working on the game too, as is del Toro, and it's described as the darkest chapter in the Metal Gear saga, one of which will finally complete the story. The key, they say, is in PT's Lisa. This enigmatic character will link all three digital experiences (Metal Gear Solid 5 x Death Stranding x PT) and is integral to the story as a whole.

thank you for this, school lunch playground vibes all day

Alo81

Oct 27, 2017
Really hoping this update doesn't come to PC. I'd hate for the modding community get speared like that with a bunch of long gone people forced to update their mods.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wait!

Who's doing this...?

Such a lust for data caps?

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Once you recognize the secret reason for this 3.56 GB update you will be ashamed of your words and deeds

zolee

Oct 2, 2020
it's Silent Hill teaser trailer /jk they probably just removed Kojimas name from the game

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah

This checks out

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
How did updates become so wildly out of control in size?

Here's some bug fixes, no new content: 16GB download.

What is going on?