• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only weirdo around here that liked Twin Snakes? Yeah the cutscenes were goofy, but the first-person aiming was a dream.

Wish I never sold my copy, since it goes for insane prices on eBay.

I thought Twin Snakes was fine. Metal Gear Solid has always been stupid, and taking it too seriously never made sense to me.

jonasvutt

Jan 17, 2018
I would love all of this, specially a newly remastered collection. And then remake MGS3, that's the one that could really shine on a remake. MGS3+More open design+some TPP mechanics.... a dream come true.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
GamesRadar has been pretty clickbaity over the last few years, after they rebranded themselves as GamesRadar+.

RedGamingTech seems okay from the quick Google search I did just now, but it's all still very likely just a rumor at this point.

Take this all with a big grain of salt.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
a cursory google suggests this is the only rumor the YTer is known for besides some PS5 RDNA and Xbox Durango stuff, not sure how those shook out.

If this is true I dunno how I'd feel about it, the original MGS still plays pretty perfectly for what it is and adapting it to, say, the MGSV engine would require a total overhaul of the level structure to avoid it becoming a cakewalk (Twin Snakes adding first person shooting already kinda broke it). The best case scenario would be giving it a Crash style "remake" where it's just a graphical overhaul more than anything.

If any games need a remake it's 2 and 3. Restoring cut content and polishing up the former while the latter is well suited to more open environments.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Monkey's paw, you're not getting MGS remake, you're getting MGS the twin snakes remake.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_lk9hlvkXmf1qh6e90o1_500.gif
haha the only change TTS did I liked is the fight between Snake and the Ninja after finding Baker except for the moment the Ninja cuts the ceiling (wtf) and does a Pele kick to throw it towards Snake (wtf again)

I recently replayed the original after some time having my memory tainted by TTS, and boy, what a difference. Best tone in the whole saga.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Still need to finish MGS3, I started but the intro was so long I took a break after exploring a bit.

I would play MGS1 again but wouldn't bother with 2 and 3. MGS3 BC should suffice.

JohnDusk

Oct 24, 2018
I'd rather have a version of MSG1 with the minimal changes necessary to make it not look like crap on modern tvs.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
Folks, we've already got 1 long running Konami rumor (Silent Hill) that hasn't panned out. Let's not get our hopes up on this one.

Monkey's paw, you're not getting MGS remake, you're getting MGS the twin snakes remake.
That's fine. Twin Snakes is a great game, so long as you see it as "MGS is what happened. Twin Snakes is Otacon retelling the story on an Anime Forum."

OP
OP
hlhbk

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Those hating on The Twin Snakes you realize that originally that game was made to be extremely faithful to the original and it was Kojima that demanded the changes in the cutscenes right?

Its a great game.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all right with that, I enjoyed TTS more than the original, because of first person view and more freedom with the controls. I prefer the ninja's new voice as well. Plus a reimagining, they may recast everyone, which I don't fancy.

Jan 29, 2018
I will believe it when I see it!

If there is a remake, I hope it's a reimagining rather than a 1-1 remake. You don't need to re-record all the rambling codec conversations in their entirety. Follow the outline and the themes but let it be its own thing.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
I know we're all acting like Kojima would never work on this, but if Sony is funding it to get it PS5/PC exclusive it isn't crazy that either a Sony studio works on it which could involve some Kojima influence since he's on good terms with them.

But also this seems bullshit lol.

Meta

Oct 29, 2017
But will the remake/remasters feature the iconic "Winter Road" Main Theme of Metal Gear Solid?!

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
I just don't want another disaster like TTS. That remake was absolute trash on a whole new level.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Good because TS left a sour taste in my mouth.

I'd be down for a remaster of the other games too. I'd play them for like the 20th time lol

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Folks, we've already got 1 long running Konami rumor (Silent Hill) that hasn't panned out. Let's not get our hopes up on this one.

That's fine. Twin Snakes is a great game, so long as you see it as "MGS is what happened. Twin Snakes is Otacon retelling the story on an Anime Forum."
3OYN.gif

should note I dont personally have an issue with how TS played. I did however dislike how they retell the story.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A full remake would be incredible.

That rumor is bullshit anyway, but I believe It.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
1:1 remake of MGS1 is the dream. The cinematography and framing is absolutely perfect as is. Maybe rip in the updated Twin Snakes VO I guess if you want higher quality stuff for that. Shouldn't be a big project either...

Also... Bluepoint was rumored to be making this awhile back. Would be a great B-team project

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Please no gameplay changes for MGS1, thnx. Just make it look pretty and don't make Snake's eyes be weird.

But yeah, I'd put this in the same believability bucket as Silent Hill.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Oh shit.
Now Microsoft is going to buy Konami. Sony should stop poking the bear.

But seriously, MGS1 would be a cool remake. I have some fond memories of that game although the story was shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.